PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Ravens

Pittsburgh43
08-08-2011, 06:59 PM
I noticed some people getting off topic in other threads and starting to talk about the Week 1 matchup. So why not have a thread to get a little early discussion going? Well's it's not too early, considering the game's only a little over a month away...

This is the least threatened by the AFC North that I have felt in a while. I love how the Ravens plan back-fired. Gotta believe they thought they would bring back Heap, Mason and possibly Gregg. Now, they'll all be playing for a different team this season. I do not feel threatened at all by the Ravens' WR's. Boldin is good, don't get me wrong, but he doesn't scare me. He benifited a lot from teams doubling up on Fitz in Arizona. Pardon my memory, but I believe he had a chance to put us away in the AFC Divisional game and the ball went right through his hands.

Now, their running game, on the other hand, has been bolstered. The addition of FB Vonta Leach is huge for them, he's a beast. He'll open up plenty of holes for Ray Rice. But of course, the Steelers D always contains the running game. Oh yeah, and they added RB Ricky Williams today lol.:smoker:

Thoughts?

:tt03:

The Duke
08-08-2011, 08:36 PM
They can improve their running game all they want, if there's one thing our defense doesn't have a problem with is stopping the run. And with aaron back it will be even better

Speaking of run game, now the Gregg is out and fatass Cody is starting (poor ravens) it's time for Mendenhall to finally break the century mark against them. He's been close twice in his life, this season he just might do it

I don't think the rest of their losses will hurt that much though. Heap was good, but Pitta and Dickson are too, and younger. Mason, while a tough SOB, isn't nearly the same player he was a few years ago, just like Hines. The Jets will find that out soon. And they're going with both him and Plax, lol

Pittsburgh43
08-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Lol I agree about the Jets, plus they have Dirty Sanchez throwing to them. They can have Fitz and Andre Johnson line-up for all I care.

I know Mason is old, but he seemed to always make big catches against the Steelers. Catches on 3rd down that would extend drives.

I'm feeling an AFC North sweep.

Psycho Ward 86
08-08-2011, 10:13 PM
Pardon my memory, but I believe he had a chance to put us away in the AFC Divisional game and the ball went right through his hands.

that was Houshmanzadeh, but i think a lot of agree with all of your points.

steelpride12
08-08-2011, 11:01 PM
The Ratbirds don't threaten me one bit, but no matter what happens roster wise, yes the Rats O has taken a step back, they will always bring our games down to the wire and be a close hard fought game.

If the Steelers ever want to take over a game against them the run game needs to be a threat. Ben is a Ravens killer and we all know his heroics in beating them season after season, but taking the pressure off him and seeing Mendy get 60+ yards would be the ice breaker.

steelerfan
08-08-2011, 11:36 PM
Ravens 31 Steelers 13

I think it is safe to call you a " Brain Dead " Ratbird fan. That offense with THOSE WR's couldn't score 3 + 1 for a total of 4 Pts against us. Let alone 31 :dance:

Boh
08-08-2011, 11:51 PM
I think it is safe to call you a " Brain Dead " Ratbird fan. That offense with THOSE WR's couldn't score 3 + 1 for a total of 4 Pts against us. Let alone 31 :dance:

While I disagree with such a high scoring lopsided score, i think Torrey Smith and Tandon Doss will surprise people. Specially Torrey, his work at the Stadium practice Saturday was truly impressive. Also who knows what Ozzie might do before week 1.

steeldevil
08-08-2011, 11:52 PM
Ravens 31 Steelers 13

To put it simply: No.

steelerfan
08-08-2011, 11:57 PM
While I disagree with such a high scoring lopsided score, i think Torrey Smith and Tandon Doss will surprise people. Specially Torrey, his work at the Stadium practice Saturday was truly impressive. Also who knows what Ozzie might do before week 1.

Torry and Doss might turn into Swann & Stalworth right away. Of course Torry might be anohter Heyward-Bey, and Doss another Yamon Figurs :huh:

steelerfan
08-09-2011, 12:03 AM
those WR'S? THEY ARE UNPROVEN now you're considering them bad? what big games has MiKE Wallace had? lol typical idiot Steel Skirt fan,obese and dense,so are rookie WR's are automatically bad? but those two WR'S u have are so much better? Antonio Brown? had one big catch? who else? get real ur logic Fails FAT ASS

Our rookies last year WERE Unproven,,,until they DID prove themselves. Yours are unproven, and have to face us right off the bat. And you think THEY will make a difference ? You have no signiture TE now with Heap gone. Your BEST Vet, route running WR who had 7TD's last year in Mason is gone. Those were Flaccy's FAVORITE targets. Like I said, maybe Torry, the Maryland product will turn into something. Or maybe he will be worse then his former teammate,,,and BETTER WR Darrius Heyward-Bey :brick:

Boh
08-09-2011, 12:06 AM
Torry and Doss might turn into Swann & Stalworth right away. Of course Torry might be anohter Heyward-Bey, and Doss another Yamon Figurs :huh:

Darrius has talent, but its gone to shit in Oakland. Yamon was absolute garbage. Couldn't catch punts for his life

steelerfan
08-09-2011, 12:12 AM
Darrius has talent, but its gone to shit in Oakland. Yamon was absolute garbage. Couldn't catch punts for his life

Darrius has talent ? I guess that's why he has been benched already in Oakland. And why a 7th rounder named Chaz Schilens has already been named the starter over Heyward-Bey huh ?...Cause Darrius has ALL this Talent :dance:

Pittsburgh43
08-09-2011, 12:23 AM
that was Houshmanzadeh, but i think a lot of agree with all of your points.

I recall Doushmanzadeh dropping that one. But the play I'm talking about is where the Ravens were in the red zone, and Boldin had his feet in the endzone and he crouched down to receive the ball and it went through his hands. Anyone else remember that?

Boh
08-09-2011, 12:23 AM
Darrius has talent ? I guess that's why he has been benched already in Oakland. And why a 7th rounder named Chaz Schilens has already been named the starter over Heyward-Bey huh ?...Cause Darrius has ALL this Talent :dance:

I didnt say he was Randy moss or anything, But I guarantee if he went to solid organization and a team with a quaterback, he would have some success.

steelerfan
08-09-2011, 12:25 AM
Ravens win the AFCN and the Steelers miss the playoffs like they did 2 years ago

Yeah, maybe if Ray-Ray uses his KNIFE, and stabs all the Steeler players before game 1. Other then that, your pathetic team doesn't have a chance. BTW,,,remind me again, HOW many times has Flacky beaten Big Ben :huh:

Pittsburgh43
08-09-2011, 12:29 AM
those WR'S? THEY ARE UNPROVEN now you're considering them bad? what big games has MiKE Wallace had?

Mike Wallace shits on any receiver that the Ravens will put on the field this year. :poop:

Boh
08-09-2011, 12:32 AM
Yeah, maybe if Ray-Ray uses his KNIFE, and stabs all the Steeler players before game 1. Other then that, your pathetic team doesn't have a chance. BTW,,,remind me again, HOW many times has Flacky beaten Big Ben :huh:

1 time.

beat him into marriage! beat that!:alcohol:

Im not sure if Baltimore has ever put a pathetic product onto the field tho.

steelerfan
08-09-2011, 12:43 AM
pathetic team? the refs gavce u the last game and all our games have been close

the question was ,what has Mike Wallace done against the Ravens?

Boldin's career is alot more polished than Wallace don't even go there

I'm sure Wallace will have 50 catches this year career high in catches is what? 66?lol

Wallace is WAY better then the Slow Dude Boldin. Boldin is a great short area WR, and what not. But he will NEVER be considered a Game changer. If Boldin couldn't beat our defense when he had Fitzgerald AND Steve Breaston,,,you think Torry Smith and Tandon Doss are gonna make a difference ? Keep :smoker: the good stuff Dude!!

Boh
08-09-2011, 12:43 AM
*slowly leaves thread*

Pittsburgh43
08-09-2011, 12:53 AM
Sorry I misunderstood your question, your grammar suggests you didn't make it past the 3rd grade. And we're all losers and have nothing going for us? You've posted more in this thread than anyone and you're a fucking Ravens fan. You don't even belong here. Take a look in the mirror, man.

O'Malley
its 2am and u losers are still posting? get a job my god no wonder ur ego's live off the Steelers you guys have absolutely nothing going for you in the real world
Yet you posted...... Huh typical stuff you hear from people in Baltimore . Don't you have a body to recover in the river over there?

steelerfan
Boldin has had a much better career so yes Boldin is better than Wallace

Boldin had over 100 catches his rookie year,Wallace in two years had over 100 hahahahaha

Yeah, and how many TD's did Boldin have in his first 2 years ?.....9 total. Wallace had MORE then that last season alone. And that was with Ben missing 4 games, and our backups playing. With Ben for a full season, Wallace easily has over 1500 Yds and 14 TD's. Let see Boldin do that with Fucko,,,errr, I mean Flacco.

Chidi29
08-09-2011, 12:54 AM
The guy is just a troll. save your beath.

Boh
08-09-2011, 12:57 AM
Yet you posted...... Huh typical stuff you hear from people in Baltimore . Don't you have a body to recover in the river over there?

Typical stuff you hear from any forum troll really, im from Baltimore City. And its the Chesapeake btw. haha

Boh
08-09-2011, 01:05 AM
You're from Baltimore and you're a Steel Skirt fan? you should be shot!

Im not, I just think you mite consider toning it down a bit and talk football. I think you mite be getting banned

O'Malley
08-09-2011, 12:41 PM
The guy is just a troll. save your beath.

Couldn't help it... I guess everybody works the same hours...