PDA

View Full Version : Would you sign Bryant McKinnie for 1 year/2.5 Million+Incentives

BlastFurnace
08-08-2011, 06:36 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/08/the-asking-price-for-bryant-mckinnie-and-matt-roth/

There was some chatter that left tackle Bryant McKinnie would take a year off after getting cut by the Vikings, but he quickly dispelled that theory on Twitter.

Now we know how much he’ll play for. For the low price of $2.5 million plus “reasonable incentives”, McKinnie can be all yours.

NFL.com reports McKinnie’s agent Drew Rosenhaus sent an email to all 32 teams detailing McKinnie’s asking price. (Rosenhaus oddly tried to trade Taylor Mays too.)

This McKinnie report reminded us of something Ian Rapoport of the Boston Herald wrote earlier Monday. Free agent Matt Roth is out reportedly telling teams he’s available for $3 million on a one-year deal.

Roth reportedly talked contract with the Patriots, but they went in a different direction.

BlastFurnace
08-08-2011, 06:38 PM
I'd atleast inquire about him. Scott is hurt and his backup is Hills, so far.

steelpride12
08-08-2011, 06:42 PM
I mean when it comes to the OL and def. the LT position anyone would be an upgrade over Hills who to this point has not shown much at all, but another failure.

Chidi29
08-08-2011, 06:42 PM
Not a chance. He was cut for similar reasons as Starks. Plus, McKinnie is immature and an age and point in his career when he shouldn't be. Getting kicked out of the Pro Bowl is a prime example.

Psycho Ward 86
08-08-2011, 06:48 PM
we are so damn thin at tackle and the quality of the tackles we have right now just arent very promising. Id definitely take it.

steelpride12
08-08-2011, 06:48 PM
we are so damn thin at tackle and the quality of the tackles we have right now just arent very promising. Id definitely take it.
Not to mention the price is right.

Psycho Ward 86
08-08-2011, 06:53 PM
You know how on this board we always joke around with the saying "Well...for vet minimum [insert sarcastic face here]" i'd say this is actually a pretty appropriate situation. That's about as lowball as your gonna get for a former pro-bowler who maybe hasnt seen his last probowl.

Chidi29
08-08-2011, 06:56 PM
You know how on this board we always joke around with the saying "Well...for vet minimum [insert sarcastic face here]" i'd say this is actually a pretty appropriate situation. That's about as lowball as your gonna get for a former pro-bowler who maybe hasnt seen his last probowl.

The guy came into Minnesota at 386. And he really isn't more than an average tackle anyway at this point. He's saying he wants 2.5 plus incentives? So 2.5 guaranteed? No thanks.

steelerfan
08-08-2011, 06:58 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/08/the-asking-price-for-bryant-mckinnie-and-matt-roth/

There was some chatter that left tackle Bryant McKinnie would take a year off after getting cut by the Vikings, but he quickly dispelled that theory on Twitter.

Now we know how much he’ll play for. For the low price of $2.5 million plus “reasonable incentives”, McKinnie can be all yours.

NFL.com reports McKinnie’s agent Drew Rosenhaus sent an email to all 32 teams detailing McKinnie’s asking price. (Rosenhaus oddly tried to trade Taylor Mays too.)

This McKinnie report reminded us of something Ian Rapoport of the Boston Herald wrote earlier Monday. Free agent Matt Roth is out reportedly telling teams he’s available for $3 million on a one-year deal.

Roth reportedly talked contract with the Patriots, but they went in a different direction.

2,5 million,,,plus ALL the free " RoethlisBURGERS " he can eat :applaudit:

steeldevil
08-08-2011, 06:59 PM
I really don't care too much what the Steelers decide to do at LT as long as it doesn't get Ben killed. So I would hope they wouldn't let Hills be the primary starter at LT...

Chidi29
08-08-2011, 07:03 PM
I just read this in the rotoworld report.

"McKinnie was so fat and his cholesterol so high at Vikings training camp that team doctors believed he would've been a severe medical risk to even let practice"

salamander
08-08-2011, 07:04 PM
From what I've heard, and as Chidi stated, he came in over weight and has some attitude issues. I'm still holding out hope that they re-sign either Max Starks or Flozell at a cheaper rate.

86WARD
08-08-2011, 07:59 PM
No. If I was going to sign someone overwieght, I'd sign Starks.

Devilsdancefloor
08-08-2011, 08:02 PM
no he is like 400lbs like stark

Pittsburgh43
08-08-2011, 08:10 PM
I would rather go in a different direction than bring someone in that has high potential for a medical emergency. If he was in shape, it'd be a different story. I don't care about the attitude problems, the Steelers lockerroom would handle that. If there were problems, he'd be gone after the season.

XxKnightxX
08-08-2011, 08:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrLnBWY_ga0

UHHHHH NO THANK YOU

Pittsburgh43
08-08-2011, 08:55 PM
Lmao at that video. Poor 'ol Brett :chuckle:

oneforthetoe
08-08-2011, 09:07 PM
I think I would rather bring Flo back for 2.5 - 3 million - if he is willing.

TMC
08-08-2011, 09:11 PM
The guy I would be more interested in is Jared Gaither. At least he is young and in shape. I know he has some injury concerns, but so do Starks and McKinnie.

The Duke
08-08-2011, 09:20 PM
At least Gaither doesn't have their weight issues, but nothing I've read from his back issues seems encouraging

it sucks for such a great, young player

Psycho Ward 86
08-08-2011, 09:44 PM
I believe you Chidi, but how reliable is rotoworld? I remember rotoworld, xlog, NBC sports, and 2 other major (ish) sources that have come up with false info multiple times before.

Regardless, i will take McKinnie/Starks/Flozell all over Scott, even if it's just to hold it down for one year. And yes, i know Flozell isnt at the point of his career where LT is where he should play it. I am just terrified of the thought of Scott pretending he's a starter for an ENTIRE 16 game season + a likely playoff berth meaning extra games. Someone remind me whose going to be at our tackle spots again if Scott goes down? :(

7willBheaven
08-08-2011, 09:45 PM
Not a chance. He was cut for similar reasons as Starks. Plus, McKinnie is immature and an age and point in his career when he shouldn't be. Getting kicked out of the Pro Bowl is a prime example.

this....if they were gonna sign this guy...i'd rather bring Starks back.

Chidi29
08-08-2011, 10:26 PM
I believe you Chidi, but how reliable is rotoworld? I remember rotoworld, xlog, NBC sports, and 2 other major (ish) sources that have come up with false info multiple times before.

Regardless, i will take McKinnie/Starks/Flozell all over Scott, even if it's just to hold it down for one year. And yes, i know Flozell isnt at the point of his career where LT is where he should play it. I am just terrified of the thought of Scott pretending he's a starter for an ENTIRE 16 game season + a likely playoff berth meaning extra games. Someone remind me whose going to be at our tackle spots again if Scott goes down? :(

Yeah, you're right. I actually couldn't find that statement in the article it linked or anywhere else on the web. But we do know he was at 386 when he reported. When, back in April, his goal was to get to 340 after playing at 355 last year.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/279673-venus-williams-helps-viking-lose-weight

He's got a long way to go to get back to his playing weight.

I'm praying that the guys from UF are quick learners. Really woud like Gilbert to be the starter at LT at some point. Being that the line is one of the easier positions to switch to. And that speaks just as much about how I don't want Scott sarting. I'm still skeptical on what kind of pro player Gilbert will be. But probably better than Scott.

Psycho Ward 86
08-08-2011, 10:53 PM
Yeah, you're right. I actually couldn't find that statement in the article it linked or anywhere else on the web. But we do know he was at 386 when he reported. When, back in April, his goal was to get to 340 after playing at 355 last year.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/279673-venus-williams-helps-viking-lose-weight

He's got a long way to go to get back to his playing weight.

I'm praying that the guys from UF are quick learners. Really woud like Gilbert to be the starter at LT at some point. Being that the line is one of the easier positions to switch to. And that speaks just as much about how I don't want Scott sarting. I'm still skeptical on what kind of pro player Gilbert will be. But probably better than Scott.

Can you see Gilbert playing LT at all

steelpride12
08-08-2011, 10:56 PM
We can just save our money and put Big Snack on LT instead :bananalama:

Chidi29
08-08-2011, 11:08 PM
Can you see Gilbert playing LT at all

All depends on how quickly he learns the playbook. I'd like to think that at some point during the year, he'll be game ready.

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-09-2011, 07:05 PM
I'd sign him, put him on the bike and a nutrition plan then get him down to 345 in no time. Guy can backup at LT and probably be back in solid playing shape to be starting LT by Week #4.

Scott, McKinney, Colon, Gilbert at OT. Its better than inserting Tony Hills into that group.