PDA

View Full Version : Lawrence Taylor Indicted For Rape

Killer
06-23-2010, 11:37 AM
HA! I told all y'all the dude was gonna get nailed

NEW YORK (AP)—Pro football Hall of Famer Lawrence Taylor has been indicted by a suburban New York grand jury on charges of rape, criminal sexual act and sexual abuse.

The indictment Wednesday comes after his May 6 arrest at a Holiday Inn. Prosecutors say he paid a 16-year-old girl $300 to have sex with him.

The former New York Giant was also indicted on charges of endangering the welfare of a child and patronizing a prostitute.

Rockland County District Attorney Thomas Zugibe (ZOO’-gih-bee) says the 16-year-old told investigators that she had been verbally threatened and physically assaulted. She said she was brought to the hotel room by a pimp later arrested by New York City police.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-lawrencetaylorindicted

Indo
06-23-2010, 12:22 PM
Oh Geez...
This means that Ben will have to serve the whole 6-game suspension and The Patriots* will get another first round pick...

Killer
06-23-2010, 12:27 PM
A pedophile in the HOF?

Goodell will not be pleased

see? and all these holier-than-thou types were saying it's no big deal - "she lied about her age, he'll get off with a wrist slap"- HA!

This is what a real crime headline looks like

NEW YORK (AP)—Pro football Hall of Famer Lawrence Taylor has been indicted by a suburban New York grand jury on charges of rape, criminal sexual act and sexual abuse.

fansince'76
06-23-2010, 01:05 PM
Wow - no mention of Roethlisberger in that article? Color me shocked as it seems his name pops up in pretty much every story lately about any NFL player (past or present) who finds themselves in trouble, whether their trouble is remotely similar to Ben's or not.

Killer
06-23-2010, 02:46 PM
here's the perp

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef013484cf02a8970c-320wi

Indicted on two felony counts and three misdemeanor charges related to the alleged rape of a 16-year-old

Taylor, 51, faces two class "E" felony counts -- third-degree rape and a third-degree criminal sexual act. The other counts are class "A" and "B" misdemeanors: endangering the welfare of a child and third-degree patronizing a prostitute, plus two counts of third-degree sexual abuse. The indictment alleges Taylor had intercourse and oral sex with the teen, then paid her $300. Under New York law, sex with a person younger than 17 constitutes third-degree rape.

steelerdude15
06-23-2010, 02:59 PM
You know it's so funny no one is saying anything about it, but when it comes to Ben, they never did shut the hell up about it. I heard one thing about it this morning on Sportscenter for about a whole ten seconds and after that... nothing. So sick of it...

Killer
06-23-2010, 03:15 PM
Wow - no mention of Roethlisberger in that article? Color me shocked.

I know, right?

so far so good - they won't be able to resist forever I bet

Hindes204
06-23-2010, 04:05 PM
Wow......he's screwed

suitanim
06-23-2010, 04:47 PM
They REALLY need to revisit the idea of stripping this fucking thug criminal low-life and that POS OJ of their Hall status.

steeldevil
06-23-2010, 04:57 PM
They REALLY need to revisit the idea of stripping this fucking thug criminal low-life and that POS OJ of their Hall status.

While I dont like either of those people, I have to disagree. Sporting Hall of Fames should accept players based ONLY on on the field/court accomplishments. Just my opinion of course

Killer
06-23-2010, 04:57 PM
meh - he'll get his time in court

better him than Ben

suitanim
06-23-2010, 05:52 PM
While I dont like either of those people, I have to disagree. Sporting Hall of Fames should accept players based ONLY on on the field/court accomplishments. Just my opinion of course

I used to agree...but the NFL seems Hellbent on being completely PC now. OJ was found guilty of murder in civil court. LT is basically just a career criminal. There needs to be some consistency in the NFL's message, and they cannot have it both ways.

Dino 6 Rings
06-25-2010, 11:45 AM
Didn't they let the guy into the hall of fame after knowing he snorted coke during half time of actual games?

I mean, he admitted doing that right?

suitanim
06-25-2010, 06:59 PM
Didn't they let the guy into the hall of fame after knowing he snorted coke during half time of actual games?

I mean, he admitted doing that right?

And worse...but now the NFL wants everyone squeeky clean. In order to do that, they need to "clean the hall". That, or back off the PCness...