PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Preseason

Pittsburgh43
08-07-2011, 05:27 PM
With the 2011 preseason quickly approaching, now only 5 days away, I figured I'd get some discussion going. I don't know about you guys but I really enjoy watching the 4 preseason games. I love watching the position battles, unproven/undrafted rookies playing their hearts out to give themselves a name and seeing how young players have grown over the offseason. The list could go on and on.

So to start the discussion, what are you looking forward to in the upcoming game against the Redskins on Friday and throughout the preseason?

Here's to an injury-free season! Here We Go Steelers!!:tt03:

fansince'76
08-07-2011, 05:53 PM
No injuries, first and foremost, for either team. I'm really excited to see what Baron Batch brings to the table - been hearing a lot of good things about him in the training camp reports. :thumbsup:

steelpride12
08-07-2011, 05:56 PM
No injuries, first and foremost, for either team. I'm really excited to see what Baron Batch brings to the table - been hearing a lot of good things about him in the training camp reports. :thumbsup:
As I have as well. The one day last week he was blocking the first the line LBer's like Harrison and Woodley like he was a veteran, now I just wanna see how he runs.

SteelerFanInStl
08-07-2011, 06:01 PM
I always like seeing the young guys in preseason. Last year Sylvester really caught my eye. This year I'd like to see one of the young CBs step up and show that they deserve to play.

steeldevil
08-07-2011, 06:03 PM
Love watching the young guys. It is the future of the team ya know? Really excited to watch the young CBs play and our 1st round pick of course.

Pittsburgh43
08-07-2011, 06:09 PM
For the last few years, I've went into the preseason really hoping one of the young CB's would step up, maybe this is finally the year. Curtis Brown is really talented, step up young fella.

Shoes
08-07-2011, 06:25 PM
Looking forward to seeing these young guys in action.....no one is permitted to get hurt!

43Hitman
08-07-2011, 06:33 PM
I'm really looking forward to seeing what our new defensive lineman can do in Heyward and Gray. I also want to see if Dwyer can save his roster spot over Batch. I'm pulling for Batch though, while he didn't have as decorated college career as Dwyer has, I think he has more heart and want to in him.

The Duke
08-07-2011, 06:37 PM
Just looking for no starter to get hurt

The young DBs will get most of my attention. Heyward and Gray too for the dline

Some interesting battles on the oline too with Legursky Foster and Scott. Let's see who improved the most

Galax Steeler
08-07-2011, 06:44 PM
I want to see what Batch can do for us. I can't help but think if he does good then Dweyer will be packing his bags and head somewhere else.

steelpride12
08-07-2011, 07:02 PM
Curtis Brown has to come out impressive and prove himself. I know the kid is a rookie, but damn I wanna see him start this or next season!

Count Steeler
08-07-2011, 07:30 PM
Hoping to see some games. Really want to see a CB step up.