PDA

View Full Version : Nothing like a day camping with the Steelers

LLT
08-06-2011, 06:18 AM
Nothing like a day camping with the Steelers
BY JOSH MARTIN
Times Sports Editor Gettysburg Times

Casey Hampton is a very large human being; my daughter Morgan is not.

I was fully aware of this prior to Wednesday’s trip to Saint Vincent College in Latrobe, home of the Pittsburgh Steelers training camp. After all, Hampton is a starting nose tackle in the NFL, and my daughter is going into third grade.

I reached a new level of understanding regarding their difference in size during an afternoon practice session, which Morgan, my wife Jill and I had the good fortune of attending. After snapping off approximately 2,000 pictures of her own in 30 minutes flat, Jill thought it would be a nice idea for Morgan to take a shot of the two of us. As we posed like a couple of tourists, Hampton and the rest of the defensive linemen practicing on a field behind Morgan began to rumble. I watched in mild horror as Hampton, who is generously listed at 6-foot-1, 325 pounds closed in on Morgan. Frozen in my tracks, I could only watch as he slightly grazed her right shoulder on his way down to another practice field.

Read More: http://www.gettysburgtimes.com/sports/article_85afcb96-bfe4-11e0-8324-001cc4c03286.html

Butch
08-06-2011, 07:20 AM
Love reading stories from fans who get to be so lucky to get out on the field and interact with Steelers sports personalities.

stillers4me
08-06-2011, 07:28 AM
Every Steelers fan needs to make a pilgrimage to "Mecca" at lest one time in their life.

I think it's an even better experience than going to an actual game.

tube517
08-06-2011, 08:56 AM
* Linebacker James Harrison is still frightening, even in shorts and a sweatshirt. I felt that way after attending camp last year, and the belief was reaffirmed Wednesday. The man is flat-out scary. As Ilkin would say, ‘he’s got arms like legs and legs like people.’

:chuckle: