PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Pouncey says main focus is football

stillers4me
08-05-2011, 12:59 PM
Center Maurkice Pouncey made it clear Thursday he is focused solely on playing football. The CBA, he said, never consumed him.

"Really, the labor deal is not my problem," Pouncey said. "I was going to be ready to go whenever they got it done."
The 1,900-member NFLPA ratified the agreement minutes after practice began. Pouncey said the agreement is good for the players, the league and fans.

"We've got fans and people who work at the stadium, and they need those jobs," Pouncey said. "We can't let them down. I think all the guys want to play football. They don't want to be locked out again."

» Rookie defensive end Cameron Heyward showed signs of the pass-rushing potential that convinced the Steelers to make the Ohio State product their No.1 pick in the NFL Draft.

But Heyward was hardly impressed. He managed to outmuscle many of the offensive linemen, but clearly he has to adapt to more sophisticated blocking schemes...............

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_750137.html