PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Woodley news?

Vis
08-02-2011, 11:10 AM
With the cap problems, why aren't we hearing about Woodley's long term deal negotiations. I can't believe they want to pay him the one year franchise tag salary and let him be unrestricted again. Who has the scoop?

steelerfan
08-02-2011, 11:14 AM
Probably cause his agent wants AT LEAST a 5 year, 85 million dollar deal with at least 55 million guaranteed.....Ya think ? Cause after the recent signings of CJ and Wimbley,,,why wouldn't Woodley want that much ?

fansince'76
08-02-2011, 11:15 AM
Looks like they've started to talk with him about a multi-year deal:

Steelers talk long-term deal with Woodley (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_749603.html)

Vis
08-02-2011, 11:27 AM
Looks like they've started to talk with him about a multi-year deal:

Steelers talk long-term deal with Woodley (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_749603.html)

Phew!

About time. He seems to want to stay by his offseason quotes.

BlastFurnace
08-02-2011, 11:44 AM
Probably cause his agent wants AT LEAST a 5 year, 85 million dollar deal with at least 55 million guaranteed.....Ya think ? Cause after the recent signings of CJ and Wimbley,,,why wouldn't Woodley want that much ?

The Steelers have a way with getting their guys signed for reasonable contracts...in today's money. Ike signed for 4 years/$28Million. It wouldn't surprise me if Woodley gets signed for an amount that will surprise us all.

86WARD
08-02-2011, 11:57 AM
Good news.

7willBheaven
08-02-2011, 12:05 PM

Where does it say his agent wants this?

Phew!

About time. He seems to want to stay by his offseason quotes.

You should know the Steelers dont always make this stuff public...i heard days ago that they had already been talking...the Steelers know what they're doing, haha.

7willBheaven
08-02-2011, 12:07 PM
The Steelers have a way with getting their guys signed for reasonable contracts...in today's money. Ike signed for 4 years/$28Million. It wouldn't surprise me if Woodley gets signed for an amount that will surprise us all.

They released the numbers for Ike's deal?

Psycho Ward 86
08-02-2011, 12:12 PM

i think it was even less than that

Vis
08-02-2011, 02:45 PM
You should know the Steelers dont always make this stuff public...i heard days ago that they had already been talking...the Steelers know what they're doing, haha.

When you hear these things, post them

86WARD
08-02-2011, 03:01 PM
Lol...seriously...if you got a source, use it...