PDA

View Full Version : Steelers sign TE John Gilmore, Re-Sign LS Greg Warren

86WARD
08-02-2011, 09:23 AM
The Pittsburgh Steelers have agreed to terms with free agent tight end John Gilmore, Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports. The 31-year-old Gilmore has 52 receptions for 524 yards and five touchdowns during his nine-year career with the Chicago Bears and Tampa Bay Buccaneers, where Gilmore has caught 31 passes for 330 yards and two touchdowns over the last three seasons. Gilmore will backup Heath Miller, a spot the Steelers have been trying to address since losing Matt Spaeth to the Bears. In addition to Gilmore, the Steelers announced that veteran long-snapper Greg Warren has agreed to a two-year contract. Warren has handled the Steelers' snapping duties since 2005.

Mac's Football Blog (http://www.macsfootballblog.com/2011/08/steelers-add-te-john-gilmore-re-sign-ls.html)

86WARD
08-02-2011, 09:24 AM
Gilmore>>>>Spaeth.

Seems like this is an annual thing re-signing Warren. Lol...I have no problem with it.

The Duke
08-02-2011, 10:15 AM
good signing. Would have seen an improvement from Spaeth with either him or Graham anyway

I still hope one of the youngsters at tight end grabs a spot, but will be difficult to beat this guy

ALLD
08-02-2011, 10:21 AM
Spaeth was a huge target, but did not have the best hands. His blocking was okay, but looked like he already peaked.

Austin87
08-02-2011, 11:39 AM
Gotta be honest here, I never heard of John Gilmore before! Hope he is an ungrade over Speath. I would have liked if the Steelers signed someone like Manumaleuna.

salamander
08-02-2011, 11:48 AM
Never heard of him before, hopefully he's an upgrade over Spaeth.

Psycho Ward 86
08-02-2011, 11:50 AM
'tis a good day. we have officially resigned the most injury prone longsnapper in the league :chuckle:

86WARD
08-02-2011, 11:57 AM
Gilmore is a decent tight end. An upgrade over Spaeth...definitely.

7willBheaven
08-02-2011, 12:08 PM
'tis a good day. we have officially resigned the most injury prone longsnapper in the league :chuckle:

This

The Duke
08-02-2011, 02:09 PM
Gotta be honest here, I never heard of John Gilmore before! Hope he is an ungrade over Speath. I would have liked if the Steelers signed someone like Manumaleuna.

I think Manu has declined. He was given a 15 million contract last year and was release this offseason. That can't say anything good about him, especially in Martz's offense that emphasizes the tight end blocking and barely catching balls

he is younger than Gilmore too, and has received no interest from teams so far