PDA

View Full Version : Baron Batch blog : From South to North

stillers4me
07-29-2011, 08:56 PM
Diary 31(From South to North)

I’ve lived in West Texas for almost 24 years. I always knew there would be a time that I would leave, but that didn’t make it less strange when that time actually came. After being drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers I have been playing a waiting game, and have been playing that game from the familiar area that is my home of West Texas. Because of the length of the NFL lockout I was able to settle back into a familiar routine of working out and training at my old home of Texas Tech where I spent 5 years. I used my old locker, trained with old teammates, and saw my old coaches daily. At night I hung out with my same friends and everything seemed very, very…familiar, and the familiarity was very confortable. That changed pretty quickly. After realizing the NFL lockout was about to end I remember sitting in my car and thinking “gees I better go pack, and start saying goodbye to people.” I left from my workout and went and packed my few belongings, and planned to leave 2 days later. Being a light traveler, it didn’t take long for me to get everything packed away in the back of my car (I can pack everything I own in 3 bags, and yes that’s awesome you should try it.) .........

read more @ http://baronbatch.blogspot.com/2011/07/diary-31from-south-to-north.html

stillers4me
07-29-2011, 08:57 PM
I can't wait to read what he has to write about his first training camp and new teammates.

Craic
07-30-2011, 12:40 AM
That was nice and all but...

BARON!! Look at the ROAD when you're driving... DONT TAKE PICTURES!!

After all, I want to see what you can do on the field!

:chuckle: