PDA

View Full Version : Coming from Florida to Pittsburgh for First Home Game! And Getting Married!

SteelersInFlorida
07-28-2011, 07:19 PM
Ok, so this is my first post on a forum, but I thought I would give it a shot to see how many of you might be able to help me! We are HUGE Steelers fans here in Florida--never lived in PA--and we were finally able to attend a home game two years ago. A REAL dream come true for us. Then, that same year, we offered our kids (4 of them) the choice to receive Christmas gifts from now on or take a family trip over the holidays. They separately and unanimously chose a family trip.

Little did they know we were taking them to Pittsburgh for a STEELERS GAME (not to mention seeing snow for the first time), and we even surprised them during the trip with Penguins tix, too (also HUGE Pens fans)!! Anyway, we are in our 40's (well, I turn 40 while in Pitt on 9/17), and have been engaged for two years. We decided two days ago to book a flight for the first home game, AND get married while we are there (just the two of us)! (We will then have a big celebration at home afterward.) I could go on and on about it, but I won't bore you! lol!

Well, I think I have figured out most of the major details, but am looking for any suggestions from anyone on the following:

1. It is a toss-up for us whether to sit on one of the first rows of the sidelines behind the team (so we can get a close-up of the 'stars') even though we realize the view of the game won't be as good as if we sat higher, but we would be closer to the action, which seems exciting... Or the other option is to sit in the Club Level seating, but I can't seem to figure out what the Club Level seating has to offer... Is there a bar with liquor? Are there ever celebrity signings there (I wonder, especially on opening day)? Or any other benefits? It seems like Box seats are non-existent? (Don't know what those are either.)

2. We are doing a private tour of the stadium on Monday. Are there any other must-see's or do's while we are there?

3. We really, really want to tailgate, but since we don't live there, we aren't sure of the best place/best way. We happen to hook up with some folks on a shuttle to the stadium last time and they graciously invited us to their parents'.

Thanks, everyone! I know it was alot to read!! WE ARE SOOOOO EXCITED we can't hardly stand it!! :dance:

stillers4me
07-28-2011, 07:53 PM
Welcome to SU!! :tt03:

2. We are doing a private tour of the stadium on Monday. Are there any other must-see's or do's while we are there?

Lunch at Bettis Grille36 right across the street after the tour!

3. We really, really want to tailgate, but since we don't live there, we aren't sure of the best place/best way. We happen to hook up with some folks on a shuttle to the stadium last time and they graciously invited us to their parents'.

Hook up with Dom. He is the tailgate host of Steelers Universe and I can personally attest to his generous hospitality! You can private message him through Steelers Universe or ask one of us mods/admins to connect you with him.
http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/7110-2011-Draft-Day-Tailgate-and-Fan-Fest-Info

X-Terminator
07-28-2011, 07:57 PM
(well, I turn 40 while in Pitt on 9/17),

Finally! Someone else I can share birthday wishes with! :lol:

Anyway, welcome to the Universe, congratulations on your engagement and hope you and your family have an awesome time! :tt02:

SteelersInFlorida
07-28-2011, 09:23 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you for the help and the congrats! OMG, I am so excited. Seems like too long to wait.....................................

fansince'76
07-28-2011, 09:29 PM
Welcome to the board! :drink:

venom
07-29-2011, 08:56 AM
Welcome and enjoy the tour !

steeldevil
07-29-2011, 10:31 AM
Welcome to the Universe!!

HometownGal
07-30-2011, 07:54 AM
Hi SteelersinFlorida and welcome to The Universe! :wave: :drink: :tt02: Congrats on your engagement and if you need tips on where to go in the Burgh, I'm just a PM away!

ALLD
07-30-2011, 07:26 PM
Treasure Coast of FL here. I still have pictures of going to see the Pirates at Three Rivers, but have only seen the Steelers play in Miami.

SteelersInFlorida
07-31-2011, 11:36 AM
Thanks again everyone! I love the site and information so far! Steelers fans are truly the best.......!! (if I must say so myself!)