PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone find it strange that nothing is being reported...

steelerfan
07-28-2011, 12:09 AM
....As it goes to ANY of our drafted rookies even being close to signing yet ? And camp open tomorrow, right ? You would think there would be some sort of progress reports on this. With Max cut, and Colon-Scott-Essex-Hills ALL free agents, you would think the Steelers would want Gilbert in camp right away. I hope we get our guys signed pretty soon.

steeldevil
07-28-2011, 12:17 AM
Wow didn't realize all those guys were FAs... Does this mean we have to actually HOPE that HILLS and SCOTT are on the team and can contribute???

I think I may vomit....

And somewhere Ben is doing this:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRU51NMK4VOjjg1J2N4PieZ5BHg2L3Br PsB5D8VtNXJ2ASd_D8bUQ

Chidi29
07-28-2011, 12:30 AM
Great point. Ugly situation.

7willBheaven
07-28-2011, 12:31 AM
I trust in the front office. Also there are only a handful of drafted rookies that have been signed by ANY team...so its not like the Steelers are the only ones/etc. They will get them done and they will be in camp soon.

Chidi29
07-28-2011, 12:34 AM
I trust in the front office. Also there are only a handful of drafted rookies that have been signed by ANY team...so its not like the Steelers are the only ones/etc. They will get them done and they will be in camp soon.

Actually, they're coming in pretty quickly. Later round guys for the most part (Tampa has been an exception) but still guys getting signed.

Hopefully the reports will come in one right after another.

steeldevil
07-28-2011, 12:34 AM
Honestly if you think about it, our rookies are not as big a priority as getting any FA's we want because the Steelers already own the rights to the draft picks. But in Gilbert's case, I agree with you, I would think they would want to get him into camp ASAP now...

steelerfan
07-28-2011, 01:47 PM
Man, as of 2:45 EST, I keep reading how other teams are signing ALOT of their draft picks, but yet still not a peep from the Steelers on signing ANY of their draft picks. I guess management isn't all that concerned that they are here today. Kinda sad.

siss
07-28-2011, 01:51 PM
Yea it would be nice to know who will be protecting the 102 million dollar investment.

86WARD
07-28-2011, 02:37 PM
No money to spend...

Chidi29
07-28-2011, 02:40 PM
No money to spend...

All rookies are really cheap this year. Even Heyward though he would've been regardless because of where he was drafted. I'm sure we have the money to spend; we weren't the only team over the cap.

steelerfan
07-28-2011, 02:40 PM
No money to spend...

Draft pick money is already allucated based on total picks. Being over the cap has nothing to do with it.

86WARD
07-28-2011, 03:15 PM
In the end they obviously have to be under the cap. They can't sign if they are over the cap. Plus, there is no hurry to sign these guys...they can do it at their leisure this weekend. You need to contact, negotiate, sign the guys that are on the market now...

Chidi29
07-28-2011, 04:06 PM
In the end they obviously have to be under the cap. They can't sign if they are over the cap. Plus, there is no hurry to sign these guys...they can do it at their leisure this weekend. You need to contact, negotiate, sign the guys that are on the market now...

We don't have to be under the cap until the fourth so we have time time.

And there is a lot of hurry to get these rookies in right away. They've lost enough time. If we want any chance of any rookie to contribute on anything more than special teams, they need as much time around the team as possible.

Chidi29
07-28-2011, 05:03 PM
Tomlin said the only rookies not signed are Heyward and Curtis Brown.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/steelers

Whew.

86WARD
07-28-2011, 07:29 PM
Excellent. No worries.