PDA

View Full Version : Rooney relieved deal is done

stillers4me
07-25-2011, 06:13 PM
It’s definitely not going to be easy, or simple. There are some new rules, some different procedures, to be learned. And even in the aspects of the business of NFL football that haven’t changed, there figures to be more than just a bit of consternation because of the time frame. The league’s owners ratified the deal last Thursday, and the players followed suit today. Players can begin returning to team facilities Tuesday, and for the Steelers, their players will report to training camp on Thursday.

It’s one thing to hit the ground running. This will be more like hitting the ground at 100 miles per hour. But still, this is a happy time throughout the National Football League.

“I am very relieved,” said Steelers President Art Rooney II. “It was a long process and a lot of hard work, and I was concerned that we could miss games. That was something I didn’t want to see, and I knew our fans would have been upset with that, and so I am relieved that we got it done in time that allows us to have a training camp and a full season.”...............

Read more @ http://burgh.us/63y