PDA

View Full Version : Reed says he knows the 'dirty' way that Steelers' Ward plays

salamander
07-25-2011, 08:52 AM
NFL.com
Published: July 24, 2011 at 04:05 p.m. Updated: July 24, 2011 at 07:55 p.m.

Baltimore Ravens safety Ed Reed hasn't changed his stance on Pittsburgh Steelers rival Hines Ward. Reed concedes that Ward is a talented receiver -- but he also believes he's a dirty one.

"I love Hines as a player, and I told him that," Reed told The Baltimore Sun at his football camp last week. "But I told him also for a long time, 'You’re a dirty player because I know how you play.' "

more: http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/09000d5d820f226a/article/reed-says-he-knows-the-dirty-way-that-steelers-ward-plays?module=HP11_headline_stack

SteelerSal
07-25-2011, 08:57 AM
Funny how Ravens players always start the BS....jealousy at it's best!

salamander
07-25-2011, 09:02 AM
Funny how Ravens players always start the BS....jealousy at it's best!

Yet we're the ones who usually come out on top when it really matters. Go figure. :noidea: :lol:

SteelerEmpire
07-25-2011, 09:08 AM
I smell F>E>A>R

kmsteelerwr15
07-25-2011, 09:12 AM
Gotta love being in their heads!

Mach1
07-25-2011, 09:22 AM
Playing hard and to the whistle doesn't make a dirty player. Eddy is a little pussy thats afraid to get hit.

Lambert_Loonie
07-25-2011, 09:29 AM
Oh. It's just Ed Reed.

I cared more when I thought it was Jeff Reed for a second. :P

steeldevil
07-25-2011, 09:55 AM
Man they are really stirring it up this offseason.... Just means it gonna hurt them even more when we kick their ass.

Dino 6 Rings
07-25-2011, 09:59 AM
If Kicking your ASS year after year, time after time, again and again is Dirty...then So be it!

The Duke
07-25-2011, 10:28 AM
Ward should just start calling "soft" everyone who says he's dirty

They are soft afterall, just like Reed

stillers4me
07-25-2011, 10:33 AM
http://a3.twimg.com/profile_images/1196428989/Troy-Polamalu-5_normal.jpgBigARashad (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/#!/BigARashad)Ahmad by RJamoi79@

@Steelers_Univer (http://twitter.com/Steelers_Univer) Ed Reed can kiss Ward's rings. He also needs to watch his mouth before Hines really breaks his neck.

Carolina Steelers
07-25-2011, 10:36 AM
Nothing dirty about this hit. Come on Reed ur a Safety dont let a little WR get in ur head!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QGKlluCU0o

fansince'76
07-25-2011, 10:54 AM
Appears Ed Reed is the latest graduate of the John Harbaugh School of Whiny Bitchdom. :coffee:

86WARD
07-25-2011, 12:01 PM
More of the same crying coming out of Baltimore...shocker. Only thing missing is Bart Scott.

BnG_Hevn
07-25-2011, 12:10 PM
Nothing dirty about this hit. Come on Reed ur a Safety dont let a little WR get in ur head!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QGKlluCU0o

Not for nothing but the hit in that video IS dirty. Among other things it appears to be helmet to helmet. If Ward didn't lead with his head then it would have been better but as that play stands, it looks dirty as hell.

With that said, the more "rep" Ward gets the better. If defenders are worried getting clocked then it takes away from their game.

st33lersguy
07-25-2011, 12:26 PM
Ward blocking defenders is what we in Pittsburgh like to call football. I would have thought Ed Reed would have known that

Devilsdancefloor
07-25-2011, 01:03 PM
Good lord the whining from that town never stops, but it starts at the top

Edman
07-25-2011, 01:09 PM
The sun rises, Plants Grow, Death is inevitable, and the Ravens are whining.

Yep. It's just a normal day.

Edman
07-25-2011, 01:11 PM
Appears Ed Reed is the latest graduate of the John Harbaugh School of Whiny Bitchdom. :coffee:

It all starts at the top, dude. The Ravens are only reflecting the nature of their coach. No, not even their coach, the organization as a whole. Biscotti and Newsome are became whiny about the Steelers as well. It's becoming a real predictable cycle.

1) Ravens are hyped and act tough. Talk crap on the Steelers.

2) Season comes around. Steelers take the division/knock them out of the playoffs.

3) Ravens whine.

Repeat.

SteelerSal
07-25-2011, 01:21 PM
It all starts at the top, dude. The Ravens are only reflecting the nature of their coach. No, not even their coach, the organization as a whole. Biscotti and Newsome are became whiny about the Steelers as well. It's becoming a real predictable cycle.

1) Ravens are hyped and act tough. Talk crap on the Steelers.

2) Season comes around. Steelers take the division/knock them out of the playoffs.

3) Ravens whine.

Repeat.

It's a viscous cycle! :lol:

steelerdude15
07-25-2011, 01:43 PM
Say what you want Ed, say what you want.

steel striker
07-25-2011, 02:55 PM
I remember a game where after a play when Hines gave a good clean block that blew up Reed. Then Reed punched Hines in the gut and, two me that was cheap as they come. Like I always say it 's okay for a defensive player to lay someone out but, if a WR lays someone out it is a dirty play. Ed Reed you can't have it both ways. It's not Ward's fault you guys can't take a hit.

Burghfan58
07-25-2011, 03:04 PM
Reed was embarrased on national TV. Get over it Ed.

Craic
07-25-2011, 03:11 PM
Not for nothing but the hit in that video IS dirty. Among other things it appears to be helmet to helmet. If Ward didn't lead with his head then it would have been better but as that play stands, it looks dirty as hell.

With that said, the more "rep" Ward gets the better. If defenders are worried getting clocked then it takes away from their game.
Actually, the helmet to helmet rule is only for tacklers, not blockers. There is a rule that no player can use the top of his helmet unnecessarily, but that doesn't apply here with Ward's height vs. Reed.

So, Reed a Raven is whining about the Steelers. Yep! It's official, football is on it's way and training camp is about to start.

The WH
07-25-2011, 03:30 PM
I actually thought this was some kind of shoot on War from Jeff Reed...

Nadroj 20
07-25-2011, 03:31 PM
I guess for most people it is easier to say they were hit by a dirty player or that the hit was dirty then to just admit they got lit up...Hines Ward plays hard and to the whistle.

If that makes him Dirty, then so be it.

Count Steeler
07-25-2011, 03:33 PM

Monkey see, monkey do.

Dino 6 Rings
07-25-2011, 04:41 PM
Do the Ravens fans every get tired of their teams constant smack talk followed by girlie walk the Ravens do every year?

I mean, they ain't won crap in 11 years, and have still never beaten the Steelers in an Elimination game of any kind...yet they keep flapping their gums and talking stupid crap...does a fan of the Ravens ever actually sit back and think "I wish they'd just shut up til they won something again"

Come on Ravens fans? Doesn't it get tiring trying to put up with this stupid nonsense Every Single Year? Come on? answer the question.
Last 11 years (And I'm using 11 to be NICE to the Ravens fans going back to their SB Year)
Steelers 3 AFC Titles with 5 appearances, 2 Super Bowl Wins with 3 appearances, total of 12-5 in the Playoffs. Including 3 Wins over the Ravens in the Playoffs.
Ravens 1 AFC Title with 2 appearances, 1 Super Bowl Win with 1 appearance, total of 9-6 with 3 of those losses to the Steelers

I mean.... COME ON ALREADY!

Butch
07-25-2011, 04:58 PM
Remember where this all started??? Ravens organization saying we don't wanna play the Steelers at Hines field in prime time.

Whatever happened to any team, any place any time???

Come on whoever took their binkie give it back.

steel striker
07-25-2011, 06:37 PM
I said this to one raven fan if you got to put a bounty a Hines and, run your yap about being dirty you have a real big problem on your team.

Psycho Ward 86
07-25-2011, 07:00 PM
id defend myself if i got my shit rocked on primetime tv too. LOL

SteelerFanInStl
07-25-2011, 07:00 PM
F Ed Reed. Just another Raven whiner.

GBMelBlount
07-25-2011, 07:13 PM

Have you ever played competitive sports? Just curious....

To state that you feel that "IS dirty" or "dirty as hell" is certainly your opinion but it looked like a helluva good hit to me and any helmet to helmet contact appeared incidental imo.

I can see why Reed is whining...he got his bell rung, his ass handed to him, he was Ward's bitch and was completely owned on that play. Just sayin.

Excellent hit Hines. YOU are what Steelers football is all about.

Shoes
07-25-2011, 07:30 PM
Here ya go Ed......

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z211/vestkap/natural-fibers-bamboo-knitting-needles.jpg

86WARD
07-25-2011, 07:54 PM
id defend myself if i got my shit rocked on primetime tv too. LOL

Multiple Times.

Randy06
07-25-2011, 08:13 PM
Reed need to get a ring before he opens his mouth.

BigNastyDefense
07-25-2011, 08:47 PM
Hines Ward is the toughest damn wide receiver in football.

The Ravens would never admit it, but they would let him play on their team anytime.

Just more whining for Baltimore. I can't wait to sock those motherfuckers in the mouth week one.

suitanim
07-27-2011, 06:12 AM
Fuck Ed Reed...a poor man's Troy Polamalu.

tube517
07-27-2011, 09:54 AM
Hey Ravens....

http://www.moonbattery.com/stfu_lg.gif

86WARD
07-27-2011, 11:24 AM
I love it...i really do!

st33lersguy
07-27-2011, 12:41 PM
Reed need to get two rings before he opens his mouth.

Fixed it for you

Dino 6 Rings
07-27-2011, 01:42 PM
I'm half tempted to back and find every single quote by every single Raven since 2001 in regards to the Steelers and every single message from every single Ravens fan on the internet, every article, about how "this is Baltimore's year" and all that crap, and nonsense and blithering babble they have been talking, but its truly pointless.

You are not As Good As the STEELERS. You will NEVER be as good as The STEELERS. You are a Rival because you used to be the Browns, but now that Cleveland is back, we don't really care about Balitimore that much. There is no rivalry between our cities. You keep yapping it up to try and bring attention to yourself like the little kid in school that is so worried what other people think about him. You run around and push people and shout at people and try to get attention acting tough, then you always, ALWAYS end up feeling frisky and punch the Bully. WE ARE THE BULLY and we ALWAYS KICK YOUR ASS WHEN IT COUNTS.

Hey Ed Reed, when has the Balitmore Ravens every beaten the Pittsburgh Steelers in an Elimination game of any kind?

NEVER. FACT. SUCK IT UP AND DEAL WITH IT!

BnG_Hevn
07-27-2011, 02:32 PM
Have you ever played competitive sports? Just curious....

To state that you feel that "IS dirty" or "dirty as hell" is certainly your opinion but it looked like a helluva good hit to me and any helmet to helmet contact appeared incidental imo.

I can see why Reed is whining...he got his bell rung, his ass handed to him, he was Ward's bitch and was completely owned on that play. Just sayin.

Excellent hit Hines. YOU are what Steelers football is all about.

lol, I've played my share.

The reason I say that is a dirty play is because Ward leads with his head. Dirty <> illegal. Dirty = 'not clean'.

Like I said, if he puts his shoulder into it then to me it's "clean". Not saying Ward "intentionally" was dirty, but from Reed's perspective I can understand him thinking Ward is dirty.

Edman
07-27-2011, 02:44 PM
He'll get a chance to see how dirty Hines Ward is again come Week 1.

HometownGal
07-27-2011, 04:20 PM

LMFAO!!!! :lol: :lol: True dat.

Here ya go Ed - Sister Mary Whineybitch asked me to give this to you . . .

http://img.visualizeus.com/thumbs/09/04/01/black,and,white,middle,finger,nun,fun-1d70e7fcad28622f4aa41061f498d4b0_h.jpg

steelersfan425
07-27-2011, 04:24 PM
fuck ed reed and the ravens...

Aussie_steeler
07-28-2011, 03:43 AM
My take on this is slightly different.

I think this is Ray Lewis's last year. Everything that is coming out of Baltimore seems to be with Grade A attitude. It is us against the world.

They are trying to talk everything up to motivate the clubhouse. Get motivated for Ray's farewell tour.

All the asswipes from Baltimore are trying to motivate themselves for their ultimate endpoint. Beat the steelers and win the superbowl for Ray.

Personally I just dont see it happening. As many have said before me, " the steelers really are inside their heads"

Hines Ward may be " the master of the crackback" but I am worried that Baltimore are becoming "the masters of the brokeback"

memphissteelergirl
07-28-2011, 11:22 AM
If Kicking your ASS year after year, time after time, again and again is Dirty...then So be it!

What he said.