PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Woodley: Camps won't open in time

LLT
07-24-2011, 05:11 AM
Steelers' Woodley: Camps won't open in time
By Kevin Gorman, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Sunday, July 24, 2011

Although NFL owners have approved a labor deal that would end the lockout, Steelers outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review on Saturday that the league's players don't expect to reach an agreement in time for training camps to open Wednesday.

"From what I heard, we're not going to be in there by Wednesday, no time too soon," Woodley said at a youth football clinic hosted by Steve Breaston and Ryan Mundy at Woodland Hills. "You can't make an agreement to anything that don't make sense. We're definitely not agreeing to anything as far as adding 18 games; what I hear from my 'source,' it would be 16 games this season, but that will change and the players can't do anything."

That source could be Steelers backup quarterback Charlie Batch, the team's player representative and a member of the NFL Players Association executive committee. Batch worked as a camp counselor but cited a judge's gag order in declining comment on the lockout.

Read more: Steelers' Woodley: Camps won't open in time - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_748207.html#ixzz1T148kq00

steeldawg
07-24-2011, 06:30 AM
Players are taking deal on monday...mark it down!

86WARD
07-24-2011, 06:41 AM
If there's a players vote, it's an automatic "pass.". No doubt!