PDA

View Full Version : Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger weds amid tight security

LLT
07-24-2011, 05:08 AM
Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger weds amid tight security
July 24, 2011
NYpost.com

OHIO TOWNSHIP, Pa. -- Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and his fiancee Ashley Harlan married Saturday amid tight security to fend off football fans planning to tailgate the event.

Guests had begun arriving at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center for a reception following the wedding ceremony, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported.

The 29-year-old NFL star and Harlan, 26, a physician's assistant, married at the Christ Church of Grove Farm outside Pittsburgh, where the two are both members.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/steelers_quarterback_ben_roethlisberger_epNcV1X4Zl ng925CeHUD0I#ixzz1T13JMcYg

steeldawg
07-24-2011, 06:34 AM
Lol, people wanted too tailgate?

86WARD
07-24-2011, 06:46 AM
Of course...lol.

Count Steeler
07-24-2011, 06:51 AM
siss wanted to supplant the bride :chuckle:

stillers4me
07-24-2011, 09:11 AM
I think nearly every couple starts out by saying, "let's keep this small and simple". (especially the groom :chuckle:) They could have had a wedding anywhere in the world that they wanted, and they obviously wanted to be wed in Pittsburgh.

And then you start to make the guest list.

Hmmm...we got our families, of course, can't forget crazy Uncle Ned, and then there's the head coach of a superbowl winning NFL team. Check. Um, yeah, the owner of a Stanley cup winning hockey team, and the mayor of Pittsburgh. Check. Well, if we invite the HC we gotta invite the rest of the coaches. Check. And if we invite all the coaches then we gotta invite the rest of the staff...hell, just invite the whole damn team. Check. Can't forget the owners of the most storied NFL team in history....and one happens to be the U.S. ambassador to Ireland. Check.

All in all, I think Ben and Ashley (and their wedding planners) did an awesome job of keeping the event as private as possible and released just enough details and pictures to keep his fans happy and made us feel like we were sharing their day with them. And let's face it....the day was not about Ben but about his lovely bride, Ashley.

Kudos to Ben for giving his bride the elegant wedding of her dreams. :applaudit:

Now let's play some football! :tt03:

siss
07-24-2011, 09:38 AM
Ben gave Ashley a ring on sunday and now he gives Steeler Nation a ring in Feb. I think its a fair trade off seeing as how he broke many hearts yesterday.

Polamalu Princess
07-24-2011, 10:17 AM
Good luck to Ben and his new bride.