PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else getting that feeling....

steelerdude15
07-21-2011, 01:03 AM
So I'm sitting here, watching the NFL Game of the Week on NFL Network and it's about the 2006 AFC Championship Game between the Broncos and Steelers. As I'm watching, I'm starting to get the feelings of excitement and passion. The feelings of pride and happiness. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm ready to put SB 45 behind me and get back to our winning ways. I'm ready for Ben to lead us down the field.... and for Troy to be Superman again. For Hines' toughness and James' never quit mentality. Being able to root for people like this, people who can instantly change a game in heartbeat is one of the things that makes being a Steelers fan so special. You see, being a Steelers fan means much more than just liking a football team. It's the greatest feeling in the world. It's a unshakable bond that cannot be broken. We've had our ups and downs, but we've had some of the greatest players to have ever played the game and some of the most memorable moments in football history, but it means more..... The Steelers give us hope when we feel theirs no hope.... they give us something when we feel we have nothing. That's what it means to be a Steelers fan. When the steel industry of Pittsburgh collapsed in the seventies, what did our brothers and sisters turn to... the Steelers. Who do we turn to now for inspiration and hope... the Steelers. These are our heros, instilled in our hearts for forever. Black and yellow runs through me... The excitement..... that passion..... that burning passion is back. I'm ready.... are you?

Count Steeler
07-21-2011, 04:51 AM
Hell yeah! Bring it ON!!! :tt03: :tt02: :tt03:

Lambert_Loonie
07-21-2011, 05:31 AM
Hell, I know I sure am! I've been watching the "America's Game" Steeler episodes on Hulu, youtubing various clips and am about to watch some of the games I have taped. I just want the season to start already!

SteelerSal
07-21-2011, 07:48 AM
Hell, I know I sure am! I've been watching the "America's Game" Steeler episodes on Hulu, youtubing various clips and am about to watch some of the games I have taped. I just want the season to start already!

Been doing the exact same thing....I was ready and feeling it as soon as the clock ran out during the Superbowl...

steelerdude15
07-21-2011, 08:25 AM
Just thinking about the Steelers is getting me pumped for this season. I hope we smash everyone's faces in.

steeldevil
07-21-2011, 09:10 AM

Haha me too, I'm sooo ready for the season to start.

whodat1
07-21-2011, 09:12 AM
I just got my DirecTv on Monday and when I turned it on, the first HD channel I tried had the Ravens @ Steelers game on from last year. Talk about karma.

SteelerEmpire
07-21-2011, 05:29 PM
I'd say there are 3 things better than being a Steelers fan 1) playing for the Steelers
2) coaching the Steelers
3) owning the Steelers

steelerdude15
07-21-2011, 05:55 PM
I'd say there are 3 things better than being a Steelers fan 1) playing for the Steelers
2) coaching the Steelers
3) owning the Steelers

That I can agree with.

stillers4me
07-21-2011, 06:06 PM
Tonight's gonna be a good, good, night!

tube517
07-21-2011, 06:51 PM
Tonight's gonna be a good, good, night!

Please, don't remind me about SB XLV :chuckle:

venom
07-22-2011, 05:54 AM