PDA

View Full Version : Ravens open as 3-point favorite over Steelers

polamalubeast
07-19-2011, 06:13 PM
Ravens open as 3-point favorite over Steelers
The Ravens are a three-point favorite for their Sept. 11 season opener against the Pittsburgh Steelers, according to the Las Vegas Hilton.

The Ravens have won six of their past eight home games against the Steelers. But Ravens coach John Harbaugh and quarterback Joe Flacco are 0-6 against Ben Roethlisberger.

The pointspread isn't surprising. No team has been favored by more than three points in the past four meetings. Last year, the favorite in this AFC North rivalry won only once (in the divisional playoff game).

http://burgh.us/5z8

Craic
07-19-2011, 06:16 PM
I guess their betting on Ben being on honeymoon for that game? Because, if memory serves, They haven't won against Ben since 2007.

Count Steeler
07-19-2011, 06:28 PM
The game isn't at night and it's not in Pittsburgh. Unfortunately, the Ravens still have to face the Steelers.

However, way too early to set a line, with all the uncertainty about free agents and the rookies.

steeldevil
07-19-2011, 06:36 PM
Home teams always get 3 points dont they? So they are pretty much calling it even.

st33lersguy
07-19-2011, 06:47 PM
Home teams always get 3 points dont they? So they are pretty much calling it even.

Bingo

steelerdude15
07-19-2011, 07:12 PM
It's going to be a tough, smash mouth football game. I'm probably going to have a heart attack half way through.

steeldevil
07-19-2011, 07:17 PM
It's going to be a tough, smash mouth football game. I'm probably going to have a heart attack half way through.

I say this too, but can you imagine watching these games when we are older? Older people probably DO have heart attacks sometimes...

Carolina Steelers
07-19-2011, 08:31 PM
I have no problem with that line like stated before its way to early this line may go up or down. Usually IMO the home team is given 3pts automatically if their a decent team, so as of now this game is a pickem and as stated before they have never beaten ben when he plays and these games are always close. But I like are chances!!!! This will be a statement game, if the Steelers beat the Ravens they will spiral the rest of the season

oneforthetoe
07-19-2011, 08:39 PM
:yawn: call me when the Rat-birds have won something of importance.

SteelerEmpire
07-19-2011, 11:22 PM
These things are set up to make somebody money. Put the ravens up by 3 then bet HEAVILY on the Steelers... = big payday...

Pristas
07-20-2011, 08:58 AM
I think because this is the first game the defenses will not be in any type of rhythm and this will allow for a fairly high scoring game. (Unlike most that we have seen.) We'll put just enough pressure on Flacco to give us the edge. Ravens score first, so we let Ben use his arm a little more than usual..., oh and Sanders looks like a possible WR1.

Steelers 27
Ravens 21

venom
07-20-2011, 09:20 AM
Steelers 21 Ravens 10 ------ Tiki Barber with 2 rushing TD's , lol

Lambert_Loonie
07-20-2011, 09:47 AM
Forgive my lack of faith, but my head & my gut are leaning toward Baltomore, while my heart is saying "Lay off the cheese fries! I'm tryin' to work here!" But I thnk it eventually leads to a much more gratifying win at home later in the year and likely the playoffs too.

SteelerSal
07-20-2011, 09:50 AM

I take it the 3rd td is a fade pass to Burress in the corner of the endzone?? :lol:

Forgive my lack of faith, but my head & my gut are leaning toward Baltomore, while my heart is saying "Lay off the cheese fries! I'm tryin' to work here!" But I thnk it eventually leads to a much more gratifying win at home later in the year and likely the playoffs too.

Nah,,,,3 game season sweep.....again. :)

suitanim
07-20-2011, 10:04 AM
Here's why this is bogus:

-The Steelers lost to Baltimore in Baltimore on pretty much the last play of the game, and we had our 3rd string QB in. It was a 3 point loss.
-The Ravens have an astounding SEVENTEEN UFA's to try and sign when the lockout ends. They are not going to be able to keep all of them.
-The Ravens turned over coaches, most notably their DC. Even if Pagano keeps Mattison's defensive schemes in place, it's still a coordinator change. The Steelers keep all their marquee coaches in place.

Even assuming they COULD keep all their players in place (which they won't be able to do), and we lose ALL our FA's (which we won't, and may not lose any), they will still be facing a healthy, pretty loaded Steelers team with all their key coaches in place, and barring any injuries, will be facing Roethlisberger, not Batch or Dixon.

Devilsdancefloor
07-20-2011, 10:35 AM
yeah whatever

86WARD
07-20-2011, 11:00 AM
Meh.

Underdogs to start the season. No
Problem with that.

Edman
07-20-2011, 01:22 PM
Fun fact: The Steelers have won 2 of the last 3 games in Baltimore and actually have a winning record there.

steelerdude15
07-20-2011, 02:21 PM
If we put pressure on Flacco and shut down the running game then we'll be fine on defense.

tube517
07-20-2011, 03:12 PM

:rofl2:

Correction:
Pick 6 by Nnamdi against Flaccid.

One TD receiving by Plex.

Dino 6 Rings
07-20-2011, 04:24 PM
got to give the Ravens fans some kind of hope.

still gonna be 10K Steelers fans in their stadium laughing as Flacco fails to beat Ben head to head.

SteelerFanInStl
07-20-2011, 07:52 PM
good

steel striker
07-20-2011, 09:57 PM
I think we will win this game and, show the critics something.

Steelers 27

Ravens 13

O'Malley
07-21-2011, 02:28 PM
Meh.

Underdogs to start the season. No
Problem with that.

Ditto.......... Media can pick whoever they want. We shall see what happens on the field!

Crow-Magnon
07-26-2011, 02:10 PM
Ya know what?

The MOST important thing is that they WILL BE PLAYING!!!!!!

Hey, our summer here on the Bay has been $#&*%! hot as hell! How's it up there by the Allegheny and the Monongahela?

X-Terminator
07-26-2011, 02:14 PM
Ya know what?

The MOST important thing is that they WILL BE PLAYING!!!!!!

Hey, our summer here on the Bay has been $#&*%! hot as hell! How's it up there by the Allegheny and the Monongahela?

Hotter than 10 hells up here! 3 days last week we had heat indices over 105...brutal.

Glad to see you back, Crow, and you're right - thank God the lockout is over!

Butch
07-26-2011, 02:29 PM
Hotter than 10 hells up here! 3 days last week we had heat indices over 105...brutal.

Glad to see you back, Crow, and you're right - thank God the lockout is over!

LOL 3 days Hell that's all typical summer weather here in San Antonio, haven't had enough rain to cut my grass at all this year.

Nah I know ya'll aint used to that weather, I loved it when I went home in late June and the high in Ill. was 68. Heck I don't think it's been down to a high of only 68 all year including winter.