PDA

View Full Version : A Steeler Fan in exile

whodat1
07-19-2011, 09:36 AM
Hi, I'm a Steeler Fan for life who was born and raised in Pgh. I've worked for a company in Pittsburgh for the last 28 years. 27 years ago, I was asked to take a temporary assignment in Texas, so here I am in the land of a semi-pro team (the Texans) trying to find any way to watch the Steelers on Sunday's in the fall.

Actually, the Steelers have a lot of fans in Houston and there are a number of bars and pizza places that broadcast their games. Some of them exclusively, like the Steel City Pizzaria. But I don't always want to go to a bar or drive across town at 11:00 am. (remember, we're an hour earlier than Pgh).

Last year, I was streaming peer to peer feeds on the internet to watch the Steelers, but this doesn't always work out. Like the time I caught a feed out of London but the guy providing switched to soccer in the third quarter. This year my internet provider is cracking down on peer to peer traffic so I broke down and got Sunday Ticket.

I'm looking forward to a full year of Steeler Football!

LLT
07-19-2011, 09:56 AM
Hi, I'm a Steeler Fan for life who was born and raised in Pgh. I've worked for a company in Pittsburgh for the last 28 years. 27 years ago, I was asked to take a temporary assignment in Texas, so here I am in the land of a semi-pro team (the Texans) trying to find any way to watch the Steelers on Sunday's in the fall.

Actually, the Steelers have a lot of fans in Houston and there are a number of bars and pizza places that broadcast their games. Some of them exclusively, like the Steel City Pizzaria. But I don't always want to go to a bar or drive across town at 11:00 am. (remember, we're an hour earlier than Pgh).

Last year, I was streaming peer to peer feeds on the internet to watch the Steelers, but this doesn't always work out. Like the time I caught a feed out of London but the guy providing switched to soccer in the third quarter. This year my internet provider is cracking down on peer to peer traffic so I broke down and got Sunday Ticket.

I'm looking forward to a full year of Steeler Football!

Welcome to the site!! As a displaced Steelers fan (Illinois) I share your pain!!!

fansince'76
07-19-2011, 10:14 AM
Welcome to the board! :drink:

SteelerSal
07-19-2011, 10:21 AM
Already said "welcome" to you in the diect tv thread but I can welcome you again!! :)

Count Steeler
07-19-2011, 10:51 AM
Welcome to the Board. Maybe you can hook up with Texasteel.

Devilsdancefloor
07-19-2011, 11:15 AM
welcome to SU there are a lot of us that are displaced fans (indiana)

steeldevil
07-19-2011, 01:19 PM
Welcome to the Universe!

HometownGal
07-19-2011, 08:05 PM
Hi Whodat1 and welcome to The Universe! :wave: :drink: :tt02:

stillers4me
07-20-2011, 05:15 AM
Welcome whodat1! Are you ready for some football!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tt03:

venom
07-20-2011, 05:39 AM
Welcome and enjoy from a not displaced Steelers fan in nYc !!!!

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/242852/PITTSBURGH-STEELERS-TERRIBLE-TOWEL-BABIES.jpg

Lambert_Loonie
07-20-2011, 10:18 AM
Welcome aboard! It can be rough for a displaced Steeler fan (like I am), but joining this site has made it a little bit more tolerable. :P

86WARD
07-20-2011, 11:04 AM
Try living in Philly...lol. Welcome...

whodat1
07-20-2011, 12:09 PM

Oh No! That crosses the line! No Philly for me.

Thanks to all of you for the welcome.

86WARD
07-20-2011, 12:21 PM
Pussy. ;) Just kidding. Its brutal listening to eagles fans...lol.

Hindes204
07-20-2011, 04:28 PM
I am displaced by the military, born and raised in Pittsburgh, but now Im stuck in NorCal surrounded by Oakland and San Fran fans....so I feel your pain

Welcome to the site!!!

steeldevil
07-20-2011, 04:41 PM
Hi Whodat1 and welcome to The Universe! :wave: :drink: :tt02:

Hey thats my line!! :dance:

Texasteel
07-21-2011, 04:05 AM

I still say living in Dallas is worse.

Welcome to the site my friend. Believe me you are not alone in Texas. I feel your pain.

Galax Steeler
07-21-2011, 04:17 AM
Welcome to the board.

whodat1
07-21-2011, 09:19 AM
I still say living in Dallas is worse.

Welcome to the site my friend. Believe me you are not alone in Texas. I feel your pain.

I'd have to agree. Being stuck here in Houston beats being stuck in Dallas. At least in Houston there is only a semi-pro NFL team (Texans) to deal with locally. lol.

steeldevil
07-21-2011, 09:23 AM
Being a Steelers fan here in North Carolina isn't that bad at all. Definitely the 3rd or 4th most represented team in terms of fans, behind the Panthers, Redskins, and maybe Cowboys. I'd say Steelers and Cowboys are about even.

BlacknGoldBabe
07-22-2011, 07:49 AM
Welcome to the newbie from a semi-newbie! :horn:

Butch
07-22-2011, 08:12 AM
I'd have to agree. Being stuck here in Houston beats being stuck in Dallas. At least in Houston there is only a semi-pro NFL team (Texans) to deal with locally. lol.

Here in S.A. it's a hoot haven't heard squat from cryboy fans in years also find tons o' Steeler fans. Hell I live in a little farming comunity town and the guy down the street from me is Steeler fan and so is his brother. A few years back my son had a vice Principle who was Steeler as well, but he moved on to become a principle at another school. They say S.A. is plowboy country but Steeler Nation is definitely a force to be reckoned with!!! Welcome to the site

Texasteel
07-23-2011, 10:30 AM
Here in S.A. it's a hoot haven't heard squat from cryboy fans in years also find tons o' Steeler fans. Hell I live in a little farming comunity town and the guy down the street from me is Steeler fan and so is his brother. A few years back my son had a vice Principle who was Steeler as well, but he moved on to become a principle at another school. They say S.A. is plowboy country but Steeler Nation is definitely a force to be reckoned with!!! Welcome to the site

I think I have told you before about the Steelers following in Dallas as well. When we play the cowboys, here there is almost as much black and gold in the stands as that pansy silver and blue. Most of those are Texas folk and this pisses Jerry off to no end.

Hindes204
07-23-2011, 10:33 AM
I think I have told you before about the Steelers following in Dallas as well. When we play the cowboys, here there is almost as much black and gold in the stands as that pansy silver and blue. Most of those are Texas folk and this pisses Jerry off to no end.

I went to a Steeler game in Dallas in 2005 (or 2004, cant remember)...the stadium was half black and gold. AND WE WON!!!