PDA

View Full Version : Harris: Weakened Harrison still better than most

stillers4me
07-19-2011, 05:20 AM
Eighty percent of something is better than 100 percent of nothing.

Or, in the case of Pro Bowl linebacker James Harrison, it's better for the Steelers to have Harrison at less than full strength than to not have him at all after two off-season back surgeries.

"He's probably 80-85 percent right now,'' agent Bill Parise said Monday. "As far as his health goes, he's pain-free. There's no reason why he couldn't do everything from Day One. He's 20 percent better than anybody in the NFL, so he's fine.

"I expect that you are seeing one of the best linebackers to play the game and I think the first day he steps on the field he will be that same linebacker. There's no reason to believe he will not be that good and probably better than last year.''

So, which is it?...............

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_747337.html

zulater
07-19-2011, 06:36 AM
Between injury, wearing down late in the last couple seasons, his salary, the fact that the Steelers are hard against the cap, his embarrasing the team with his crude comments about the commisioneer and other players throughout the league, and finally publicly critisizing his own teammates, why am I to believe that the Steelers might not strongly be considering parting ways with Harrison sooner rather than later?

And I don't think his loss would be insurmountable, I've always believed that similiar to Chad Brown before him, Lawrence Timmons wont find his best NFL legs until he moves outside. So say as a cap relief move, and in order to keep Aaron Smith around for another year and possibly sign a NFL caliber starting cornerback ( maybe Jonathan Joseph) the Steelers trade or release Harrison, your starting lb's for the 2011 season might be Woodly and Timmons on the outside and Farrior and Foote on the inside. Of course you'd give Jason Worldis a chance to get on the field, and if you like what you see from him you could probably move Timmons back inside for some series.

Also while a longshot, if they do retain Aaron Smith, why not mix in a some 4-3 fronts? Put Aaron Smith inside at tackle along with Big snack and you got Ziggy and Keisel to play the ends, with your lb's being Farrior in the middle and Timmons and Woodley outside.

Anyway I know my opinion is unpopular, but I don't care, I'm not going for rep points, I'm speaking as to what I beleive to be true, and I truly believe that everything is on the table right now concerning James Harrison's future. I really think the Rooney's found his comments distastefull and will strongly consider moving on without him.

I wont be sulking or dissapointed if he stays, at the same token I think he's stained the brand and I wont be too sad on the day he finally goes.

Butch
07-19-2011, 07:03 AM
Yeah he stained it but lets give this a little perspective. James was cut 3 times from the Steelers. One reason for the cut was during the pre-season he would leave the field of play while the play was still going on. He didn't go to the White House stating if the president wanted to see him he should come to Da' Burgh. I think it is fair to say James is emotional and isn't our most intelligent player. He doesn't hold back his feelings sometimes to the embarrassment of the team.

On the other hand he is the only undrafted to win Defensive player of the year, considering he was cut 4 times that's one helluva thing to do!!! He was a one man wrecking crew in the 75th anniversary game I doubt any Defensive player has ever had that kind of impact on a single game, sacks, strip sacks, fumbles, and an interception!!! And less we forget he had THE LONGEST play in a Superbowl to turn the tide at the 1/2.

He has his flaws big freakin deal he's HUMAN believe it or not, and I for one can't wait to see him back on the field. What he said about "Go To Hell" was spot on, maybe he shouldn't have said them but that's who James is. I don't think his words about our players did damage after all they are just that words and I think our team is stronger than that. Call me crazy but I love what James has done, was upset when we cut him the last time and was happy as hell to see him back. He can stay on my team anytime!!!

SteelerSal
07-19-2011, 07:14 AM
Yeah he stained it but lets give this a little perspective. James was cut 3 times from the Steelers. One reason for the cut was during the pre-season he would leave the field of play while the play was still going on. He didn't go to the White House stating if the president wanted to see him he should come to Da' Burgh. I think it is fair to say James is emotional and isn't our most intelligent player. He doesn't hold back his feelings sometimes to the embarrassment of the team.

On the other hand he is the only undrafted to win Defensive player of the year, considering he was cut 4 times that's one helluva thing to do!!! He was a one man wrecking crew in the 75th anniversary game I doubt any Defensive player has ever had that kind of impact on a single game, sacks, strip sacks, fumbles, and an interception!!! And less we forget he had THE LONGEST play in a Superbowl to turn the tide at the 1/2.

He has his flaws big freakin deal he's HUMAN believe it or not, and I for one can't wait to see him back on the field. What he said about "Go To Hell" was spot on, maybe he shouldn't have said them but that's who James is. I don't think his words about our players did damage after all they are just that words and I think our team is stronger than that. Call me crazy but I love what James has done, was upset when we cut him the last time and was happy as hell to see him back. He can stay on my team anytime!!!

Wow..sweet post, Butch! :thumbsup:

Bluecoat96
07-19-2011, 07:23 AM
Who's to say he wasn't at 80% last year with all the back issues?

zulater
07-19-2011, 07:33 AM
I've never claimed he hasn't been and still might be a great player, and an ever greater story of perseverance.

But I think Steeler nation is largely in denial about the seriousness of what he's done. I think many have allowed their personal dislike of Goodell combined with their admiration of Harrison's play and his back story to cloud their judgement about right and wrong in this case. Just the fact that Harrison's put an even bigger bulleyes on his back making him even more susceptible to suspension in and of itself is a concern to me. I have visions of Harrison being suspended for an important game down the stretch with conference seeding on the line.

But that's just me, maybe I'm wrong? In the end the only opinions that matter belong to the Steelers hiearchy, the Rooney's of course being chief among them. And I've got this sneaky hunch that they might be thinking closer along the lines that I am than the majority opinion here. Regardless, whatever they decide I'll support ( at least initially :wink02:) and hope that their decision proves correct in the end.

Butch
07-19-2011, 08:15 AM
Sorry but I don't buy the bigger bullseye theory that thing was as big as it could get last year, and even if he gets more fines or not allowed to play in games this year it only re-inforces that "Go To Hell" is a crooked man trying to weaken the Steelers at all costs.

Tell me Zulater where were the fines on the players who hit our guys last year??? Hines was out 2 games but the guy who hit him wasn't even fined!!! How bout the guy who layed on Ben with all his weight crushing Ben's foot where was the fine there??? There is no way on God's green earth that those same hits by Steelers would go un-noticed. Yeah some hit's go un-noticed but not by the NFL Thugs I don't care if they don't always throw a flag but the fines when you have the time to review them need to be dished out across the board.

Bullseye don't hold water, "Go To Hell" just has a thing for us.

Remember he was responsible for breaking up the ownership on some bullbutter he made up and this year implemented the Steeler rule even though the owners voted to table it. He's as Crooked as they come and it is a real shame that we are stuck wtih this horsesass

steeldawg
07-19-2011, 09:01 AM
I've never claimed he hasn't been and still might be a great player, and an ever greater story of perseverance.

But I think Steeler nation is largely in denial about the seriousness of what he's done. I think many have allowed their personal dislike of Goodell combined with their admiration of Harrison's play and his back story to cloud their judgement about right and wrong in this case. Just the fact that Harrison's put an even bigger bulleyes on his back making him even more susceptible to suspension in and of itself is a concern to me. I have visions of Harrison being suspended for an important game down the stretch with conference seeding on the line.

But that's just me, maybe I'm wrong? In the end the only opinions that matter belong to the Steelers hiearchy, the Rooney's of course being chief among them. And I've got this sneaky hunch that they might be thinking closer along the lines that I am than the majority opinion here. Regardless, whatever they decide I'll support ( at least initially :wink02:) and hope that their decision proves correct in the end.

I agree with you, I thought what he did was exremely dumb and classless. Also it was unecessary we already no he doesnt like goodell he made it clear last year, why if you felt you were targeted last year would you paint a target on your back this year?

Butch
07-19-2011, 09:25 AM
I agree with you, I thought what he did was exremely dumb and classless. Also it was unecessary we already no he doesnt like goodell he made it clear last year, why if you felt you were targeted last year would you paint a target on your back this year?

So let me ask this where is the reporters responsibility in all this??? He knew he was going to get exactly the story he got. Why isn't anyone going after him? As I pointed out earlier this is James who calls out the President so not exactly known for biting his tongue. This buttnugget reporter targetted James in a time when he knew nobody from the Steelers organization would be there to protect James and yes James needed protection. The reporter just made a name for himself and I hope that somewhere along the way he gets his for taking advantage of James the way he did. James is a damn good football player not a spokesperson for the Steelers organization or their Defense.

Nadroj 20
07-19-2011, 09:48 AM
So let me ask this where is the reporters responsibility in all this??? He knew he was going to get exactly the story he got. Why isn't anyone going after him? As I pointed out earlier this is James who calls out the President so not exactly known for biting his tongue. This buttnugget reporter targetted James in a time when he knew nobody from the Steelers organization would be there to protect James and yes James needed protection. The reporter just made a name for himself and I hope that somewhere along the way he gets his for taking advantage of James the way he did. James is a damn good football player not a spokesperson for the Steelers organization or their Defense.

James isn't a 16 year old kid. He shouldn't need the protection, he is a professional football player and should conduct himself as such.

Now I agree with you to a point, the reporter was like just about any other reporter and was only interested in a big story and probably pushed the right buttons on harrison to get him fired up. However James is more responsible because he is the one who said the comments and he was not able to control himself.

steeldawg
07-19-2011, 10:04 AM

Well there you go blame the reporter, its the reporters fault james called the commish a faggot and wouldnt piss on him if he was on fire. How about some accountablilty for the things you say , and harrison agreed to this interview even inviting the the repoter to stay with him over a period of time. James could have asked a pr person to attend or his agent, but he did none of these things. No accountability for the reporter he asked questions and james gave his answers, we should hold the reporter accountable for harrisons responses? Everyone who plays on a team is a representative of that team and is expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, period. In what professional situation would what harrison said be appropriate? The answer is none, And wether you think the reporter is a "buttnugget" or not the accountablity is on harrison for his comments.

Edman
07-19-2011, 10:28 AM
They all come and go. The Steelers' system makes the players. Not the other way around.

That said, I appreciate this great play here, but his days are officially numbered. Joey Porter ran his mouth out of town, and it's likely that Mr. Harrison has done the same.

Butch
07-19-2011, 02:01 PM
No you are right James isn't a 16 year old kid but that doesn't mean he couldn't have used a little sound advice from someone who was looking after his own good. That is what the Steelers P.R. person would do but since we are in a lockout there was no P.R. person there to give James some advice on how to proceed. Also look at his past record of things he has said and tell me he wasn't an easy target for a douchebag reporter who knew all he had to do was push a few buttons. James has a record of saying things that are just a little off, who knows maybe from all his years of playing football have something to do wtih that. Don't know why his agent wasn't there, but I sure wish he woulda been.

As for who is to blame, no it wasn't the reporters fault that James had issues with the league he just used that to his advantage. He knew damn good and well that James was a powder keg on this issue and that all he needed to do was give it a little spark. You ask about accountability for things you say How bout for the things you report??? No don't hold the reporter accountable for what James said hold him accountable for taking advantage of a situation in order to turn a buck and make a name for himself. He played like he was Jame's friend when in reality he was a snake in the grass, to bad James didn't see it for that and just toss him over the fence, he sure woulda been a lot better off.

steeldawg
07-19-2011, 02:43 PM
No you are right James isn't a 16 year old kid but that doesn't mean he couldn't have used a little sound advice from someone who was looking after his own good. That is what the Steelers P.R. person would do but since we are in a lockout there was no P.R. person there to give James some advice on how to proceed. Also look at his past record of things he has said and tell me he wasn't an easy target for a douchebag reporter who knew all he had to do was push a few buttons. James has a record of saying things that are just a little off, who knows maybe from all his years of playing football have something to do wtih that. Don't know why his agent wasn't there, but I sure wish he woulda been.

As for who is to blame, no it wasn't the reporters fault that James had issues with the league he just used that to his advantage. He knew damn good and well that James was a powder keg on this issue and that all he needed to do was give it a little spark. You ask about accountability for things you say How bout for the things you report??? No don't hold the reporter accountable for what James said hold him accountable for taking advantage of a situation in order to turn a buck and make a name for himself. He played like he was Jame's friend when in reality he was a snake in the grass, to bad James didn't see it for that and just toss him over the fence, he sure woulda been a lot better off.

Lol, come on! You really think that james harrison thought this reporter was his friend and he was just opening up to him? This was an interview, these were answers to questions, what the hell did he think the reporter was going to do with them? If james is a powder keg thats his fault, not the reporters. If the reporter asks how he feels about roger goodell and james says i think hes a faggot and if he was on fire i wouldnt piss on him too put him out, do you really think the reporter is not putting that in the article. Accountability for what he reports he has, he took direct quotes from harrisons mouth put them in his article and signed his name on the bottom, how much more accountability can he get. If you want to be an apologist for him go ahead but I prefer he take responsibilty for the words that came out of his mouth.

86WARD
07-19-2011, 03:24 PM

^this...

Craic
07-19-2011, 03:26 PM

You know Zu, I disagree with you. I don't think they are going to be looking to dump him. But you make some EXCELLENT points here. I agree with you that Harrison WAS wrong in what he said. I also agree with you that it probably has put a bigger bullseye on his back. I even agree with you that some of the over-the-top hatred/dislike for Good-deal clouds the judgment of many.

I just don't see his words as being enough to move him. He hasn't failed a drug exam for the fourth time. He hasn't been accused of rape twice. The one time he was involved in a domestic dispute, he manned up and faced the consequences without complaint or excuse. I just don't see him being moved. Now, if there is an arrest in the near future, another domestic violence case, or something along those lines, I would say yes. But not yet.

86WARD
07-19-2011, 04:43 PM
He won't be moved for name calling. That would be ridiculous...

stillers4me
07-19-2011, 05:15 PM
He won't be moved for name calling. That would be ridiculous...

This.

stillers4me
07-19-2011, 05:19 PM
http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0811/name-calling-demotivational-poster-1226287198.gif

zulater
07-19-2011, 09:42 PM
You know Zu, I disagree with you. I don't think they are going to be looking to dump him. But you make some EXCELLENT points here. I agree with you that Harrison WAS wrong in what he said. I also agree with you that it probably has put a bigger bullseye on his back. I even agree with you that some of the over-the-top hatred/dislike for Good-deal clouds the judgment of many.

I just don't see his words as being enough to move him. He hasn't failed a drug exam for the fourth time. He hasn't been accused of rape twice. The one time he was involved in a domestic dispute, he manned up and faced the consequences without complaint or excuse. I just don't see him being moved. Now, if there is an arrest in the near future, another domestic violence case, or something along those lines, I would say yes. But not yet.

I respect what you're saying here, though I got to admit the line about "being accused of rape twice" made me flinch a little on Ben's behalf. :chuckle:

But now let me tell you in 3 words why if I'm the Rooney's I'm more concerned about James Harrison at this point than I would have been about Big Ben a year ago today. Contrition, remorse, and genuine regret.( I cheated, I used 4 words :wink02:) I think it was pretty evident that Ben humbled himself, showed true humility, and made an outward effort to change the things about his life that were dragging him down. I don't see any of that with James Harrison. He's an unapolagetic loose cannon who will fire off again and again and again, because simply put he doesn't think he's doing anything wrong, and there's no convincing him otherwise. As an employer I'm not sure that I could accept that.

Nadroj 20
07-20-2011, 07:31 AM

You are talking about someones job though. We sometimes do not like the things reporters do but sadly its there job. They are suppose to get the story and sometimes do things that we question and we think they are taking advantage of people, but it is a part of their territory.

If you are a reporter and you are asking questions his is your right as a reporter to do...you wouldn't put the exact quotes a person made in your article? Because then you wouldn't be doing your job. Now I understand you may answer no you wouldn't because you aren't a reporter and do not have the same mind set as they do.

I could NEVER be a reporter, who sometimes think "get the story at any cost", because I'm just not like that, but some people are and I guess they are in the right profession.

Steeldude
07-20-2011, 10:28 AM
basically he called goodell a loser; moron(or whatever noun you choose). well goodell is a loser.

BR is a loser too. remember the restroom incident and motorcycle incident? pretty moronic if you ask me

mendenhall made some moronic comments about bin laden. he also had fumbling problems, but not so much lately.

i think harrison's comments were great. also, how much word twisting did the reporter commit?

86WARD
07-20-2011, 11:03 AM
Evidentally...not that much twisting to the story...

zulater
07-20-2011, 02:10 PM
:
BR is a loser too. remember the restroom incident and motorcycle incident? pretty moronic if you ask me

Ok so the guy who's quarterbacked the Steelers to two Super Bowl titles, three conference championships wins, and four final four berths ( aka conference championship game appearances) in 7 NFL seasons is by your account a "loser"? Right.....:pointlaugh:

Look we all know Ben's made some less than wonderfull off field decisions over the years, but by all appearances he's learned from his mistakes and has become a better man for it.

I see nothing from Harrison that suggests that he wont incur multiple fines and suspensions in the seasons ahead.
I have no fear whatsoever that Ben will keep his nose clean for the remainder of his career, and would go so far as to bet on it. Would you do the same with Harrison, Butch?

Butch
07-20-2011, 04:23 PM
Woah wait a minute here!!! So remind me again what James did in last years off season to merit the wrath of "Go To Hell"?!?!?

Hell at least Hines was voted (by a select number of unknown players) as the dirtiest player. I don't beleive that one either but at least it may be a shadow of a reason as to why his defender was not flagged. Ben well we all know about that, but what did James do other than wear the Black and Gold that warrented the wrath in week of enforcement getting a heavier punishment than any other player including the cheatriot who intentionall hit helmet to helmet. Remember he appealed his fines and "Go To Hell" did not listen, he only reduced it after listening to some other players and reducing their fines kind of a by product of a ruling.

No I won't bet on that, but have fun explaining to me how he would not have been fined anymore or less if he had not said what he said or explaining to me about what he did the offseason before to incure such a wrath. Many other players have made the same hits or worse and nothing happens and as far as I am concerned "Go To Hell" is as big a crook as they come. Tell me again how he has not singled out our team and ownership and has handicapped us at every turn of his hat. Remember that pittily fine they imposed on seymore after punching Ben? But James is the bigger thug right???

To me "Go To Hell" is dogshit and a lot of things can happen to dogshit.

Butch
07-20-2011, 06:45 PM
You are talking about someones job though. We sometimes do not like the things reporters do but sadly its there job. They are suppose to get the story and sometimes do things that we question and we think they are taking advantage of people, but it is a part of their territory.

If you are a reporter and you are asking questions his is your right as a reporter to do...you wouldn't put the exact quotes a person made in your article? Because then you wouldn't be doing your job. Now I understand you may answer no you wouldn't because you aren't a reporter and do not have the same mind set as they do.

I could NEVER be a reporter, who sometimes think "get the story at any cost", because I'm just not like that, but some people are and I guess they are in the right profession.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-Fuxn18GRM

Butch
07-20-2011, 06:54 PM
Sayin' it's his job is a cop out!!!

Why did he only want James and not a group of players??? He knew James was a powder keg and he was more than willing to light the fuse and make a name for himself.

zulater
07-20-2011, 06:57 PM
Woah wait a minute here!!! So remind me again what James did in last years off season to merit the wrath of "Go To Hell"?!?!?

Hell at least Hines was voted (by a select number of unknown players) as the dirtiest player. I don't beleive that one either but at least it may be a shadow of a reason as to why his defender was not flagged. Ben well we all know about that, but what did James do other than wear the Black and Gold that warrented the wrath in week of enforcement getting a heavier punishment than any other player including the cheatriot who intentionall hit helmet to helmet. Remember he appealed his fines and "Go To Hell" did not listen, he only reduced it after listening to some other players and reducing their fines kind of a by product of a ruling.

No I won't bet on that, but have fun explaining to me how he would not have been fined anymore or less if he had not said what he said or explaining to me about what he did the offseason before to incure such a wrath. Many other players have made the same hits or worse and nothing happens and as far as I am concerned "Go To Hell" is as big a crook as they come. Tell me again how he has not singled out our team and ownership and has handicapped us at every turn of his hat. Remember that pittily fine they imposed on seymore after punching Ben? But James is the bigger thug right???

To me "Go To Hell" is dogshit and a lot of things can happen to dogshit.

Harrison didn't do anything last offseason to bring about Goodell's ire, but if you look at today's headlines you can see what he was trying to get in front of.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/nfl/07/20/nfl-retirees-concussion-lawsuit.ap/index.html?sct=nfl_t2_a9

Harrison became the unwitting poster boy of the league's effort to get in front of the concussion issue, a preemeptive attempt by the league to prove that they're making an effort to curb the problem. Unfair, no doubt, but whoever said life was fair?

Butch
07-20-2011, 07:18 PM
Harrison didn't do anything last offseason to bring about Goodell's ire, but if you look at today's headlines you can see what he was trying to get in front of.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/nfl/07/20/nfl-retirees-concussion-lawsuit.ap/index.html?sct=nfl_t2_a9

Harrison became the unwitting poster boy of the league's effort to get in front of the concussion issue, a preemeptive attempt by the league to prove that they're making an effort to curb the problem. Unfair, no doubt, but whoever said life was fair?

So this Dumbass decides to pick a Steeler player not a raven, bear, eagle or God Forbid a cheatriot!!! James was not far from the feel good story of being the only undrafted DPOY!!! He wasn't deemed a dirty player why not go after one of them???

James was singled out just as the Rooney's were for having ties to horse racing. Nothing to base on so let's just say it tarnishes the "Shield".

Do everything in your powers to make spygate go away, but lay it on thick for the Steelers. Don't need a reason just make something up as you go after all "Go To Hell" makes up the rules and if you don't like 'em you can appeal them. Oh but wait who do you apppeal to??? Oh yeah Der Commisar!!!

Piss on Godel...or not!!!

Butch
07-20-2011, 07:19 PM
If he wanted to get in front of it do it across the board or don't do it at all.

Yes the sport is supposed to be played on an even playing field not slanted for or against a certain team!!!

Nadroj 20
07-20-2011, 07:25 PM

Why did he only want James and not a group of players??? He knew James was a powder keg and he was more than willing to light the fuse and make a name for himself.

Lighting the fuse is what these idiots do!! Every single one of them! It is the players responsiblity and ONLY the players to control their self!!

You are talking about the reporter trying to make a name for their self and trying to get the story but don't you think these players know or SHOULD know that? They are the ones feeding into the reporters desires!...they would never get the story if the players handle themselves properly.

Butch
07-20-2011, 07:39 PM
Lighting the fuse is what these idiots do!! Every single one of them! It is the players responsiblity and ONLY the players to control their self!!

You are talking about the reporter trying to make a name for their self and trying to get the story but don't you think these players know or SHOULD know that? They are the ones feeding into the reporters desires!...they would never get the story if the players handle themselves properly.

My whole point in bringing up the reporter was that nobody is holding him accountable only James.

You did watch the video didn't you??? Sayin' it's your job doesn't make it right!!!

Some players out there are Great Football players, but they doesn't mean they have a lot of common sense or even forsight to see that some people are out to take advantage of them, that is why teams have PR reps. Just the other day some Nutsack TMZ reporter singled out a USC player (who was drunk and joking around), and now the kid is paying the price.

There should be an outrage against this kind of reporting but instead it is not only condoned but the reporters go on to fame at someone else's expense. It sickens me.

Craic
07-20-2011, 07:44 PM
I respect what you're saying here, though I got to admit the line about "being accused of rape twice" made me flinch a little on Ben's behalf. :chuckle:

But now let me tell you in 3 words why if I'm the Rooney's I'm more concerned about James Harrison at this point than I would have been about Big Ben a year ago today. Contrition, remorse, and genuine regret.( I cheated, I used 4 words :wink02:) I think it was pretty evident that Ben humbled himself, showed true humility, and made an outward effort to change the things about his life that were dragging him down. I don't see any of that with James Harrison. He's an unapolagetic loose cannon who will fire off again and again and again, because simply put he doesn't think he's doing anything wrong, and there's no convincing him otherwise. As an employer I'm not sure that I could accept that.

Again, those are all great points. I agree with all three (oops, four!) words. I'm just not yet of the thought that his words or actions push him beyond the cut line. Porter was mouthing off about his contract and the changes, as were a couple others. But Harrison has not said anything about the Steelers organization. As for the other players, he said it was taken out of context and has personally spoken to those who were named. So I think his job is safe, now.

But you do bring up a really good thought. With his age and his contract, plus his inability to discipline his tongue, we may be seeing him on a short leash. The first time he physically starts slowing down, I think he's gone. There'll be no "Last Contract" for him I think.

steeldawg
07-20-2011, 07:53 PM

Regardless of the reporters intentions , harrison is still responsible for his answers to the questions. James could have easily said he was not answering questions about the commish, but instead he answered willingly during an interview. What did the reporter do that makes you think he was in the wrong?

Butch
07-20-2011, 08:20 PM
Regardless of the reporters intentions , harrison is still responsible for his answers to the questions. James could have easily said he was not answering questions about the commish, but instead he answered willingly during an interview. What did the reporter do that makes you think he was in the wrong?

Guess I haven't made that "Perfectly Clear".

My beef with the reporter is how he singled out James. He stated that he was concerned about all the fines levied on James so what did he expect James to say that he wanted to tip toe through the tulips with the "Go To Hell"??? IMHO this was all hog wash in an attempt to make a name for himself a proverbial Wolf in Sheeps clothing. Cheap tactics by s douchebag who has to resort to making a name by trying to bring someone else down.

Hey James didn't shoot or stab anybody. He wasn't doing illegal drugs or driving under the influence, he wasn't dog or cock fighting or even causing trouble by punching someone in a strip club or throwing money into the air and making it rain. He wasn't hanging out with a posse, he was just being James. I will not crucify him I am damn glad he's on our team and not a raven, or any other team for that matter.

I have no beef about what he said about "Go To Hell" in fact I totally agree with everything he said on that front. I don't like what he said about Ben and Mendy, but I don't think his words will split the team. Oh and like Ben he made a mistake in the past but he learned from it and did not repeat it I have no doubt he will not speak out against his team mates again either.

steeldawg
07-20-2011, 08:44 PM
Guess I haven't made that "Perfectly Clear".

My beef with the reporter is how he singled out James. He stated that he was concerned about all the fines levied on James so what did he expect James to say that he wanted to tip toe through the tulips with the "Go To Hell"??? IMHO this was all hog wash in an attempt to make a name for himself a proverbial Wolf in Sheeps clothing. Cheap tactics by s douchebag who has to resort to making a name by trying to bring someone else down.

Hey James didn't shoot or stab anybody. He wasn't doing illegal drugs or driving under the influence, he wasn't dog or cock fighting or even causing trouble by punching someone in a strip club or throwing money into the air and making it rain. He wasn't hanging out with a posse, he was just being James. I will not crucify him I am damn glad he's on our team and not a raven, or any other team for that matter.

I have no beef about what he said about "Go To Hell" in fact I totally agree with everything he said on that front. I don't like what he said about Ben and Mendy, but I don't think his words will split the team. Oh and like Ben he made a mistake in the past but he learned from it and did not repeat it I have no doubt he will not speak out against his team mates again either.

I do not think the lockeroom will be effected at all either. I also have no problem with james being critical of goodell. What I have taken issue with is the fact that he made himself look like an ignorant fool with his comments and set himself up for a possible suspension. Also I do think much of a guy who attacks another man behind his back in a magazine article. If you have a problem with him you set up a meeting and talk about it like 2 civilized professionals instead of calling him names behind his back.