PDA

View Full Version : Bad News Steelers: Meet the NFL's Newest Outlaw Team

SteelerEmpire
07-14-2011, 07:08 PM
Their running back, Rashard Mendenhall, went to Twitter and defended Osama bin Laden, simultaneously morphing into a 9-11 truther.

Their wide receiver, Hines Ward, a possible Hall of Famer, recently failed a series of sobriety tests while driving in Georgia, police said. According to reports, Ward's Aston Martin hit a curb and Ward himself smelled of alcohol. He was arrested for driving under the influence.

LINK: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/15318563/bad-news-steelers-meet-the-nfls-newest-outlaw-team?source=rss_teams_Pittsburgh_Steelers

stillers4me
07-14-2011, 07:10 PM
What a crock of shit.

salamander
07-14-2011, 07:14 PM
I wasn't aware that we have become the Bengals...

zulater
07-14-2011, 07:16 PM
What a crock of shit.

Maybe, but at the same token don't think this sort of sentiment isn't becoming widespread outside of Steelers nation. Also don't think that the Rooney's aren't taking notice , aren't quitely seething about it, and wont take action when the time is right.

I predict James Harrison wont be a Steeler in 2012.

fansince'76
07-14-2011, 07:21 PM
Maybe, but at the same token don't think this sort of sentiment isn't becoming widespread outside of Steelers nation.

We've had that rep for quite a while with a number of other fanbases anyway (see all the rules named after Steelers players recently enacted to make the game "safer"). But the latest events are reinforcing it.

tube517
07-14-2011, 07:32 PM
I don't care what it says, I'm not going to read it. CBS Sports is worthless.

86WARD
07-14-2011, 08:00 PM
Kind of disappointed they didn't mention Cedric Wilson or Harrison "smacking" his girl around...lol.

86WARD
07-14-2011, 08:00 PM
I don't care what it says, I'm not going to read it. CBS Sports is worthless.

CBSSports >>>> ESPN. lol...

BigNastyDefense
07-14-2011, 09:56 PM
No big deal. Most other fan bases look at the Steelers as that rich kid bully. The fact that we have more Lombardi Trophies than anyone else make us the rich kid, and the fact that we hit hard and don't play a pretty boy style of football make us a bully.

But honestly, no team is filled with choir boys. If you looked at any roster, there is going to be a player with a history. Nobody is perfect.

Fuck them all. We are the Pittsburgh fucking Steelers. I don't give a shit what anyone has to say.

tube517
07-14-2011, 10:49 PM
CBSSports >>>> ESPN. lol...

Neither of them are worth a damn. Randy Cross, Dan Dingledorf, Boomer Esiason, Shannon Sharpe, need I go on? CBS SPORTS SUCKS (Except Coach Cowher)

stillers4me
07-14-2011, 11:02 PM
No big deal. Most other fan bases look at the Steelers as that rich kid bully. The fact that we have more Lombardi Trophies than anyone else make us the rich kid, and the fact that we hit hard and don't play a pretty boy style of football make us a bully.

But honestly, no team is filled with choir boys. If you looked at any roster, there is going to be a player with a history. Nobody is perfect.

Fuck them all. We are the Pittsburgh fucking Steelers. I don't give a shit what anyone has to say.
:applaudit:

SteelerFanInStl
07-14-2011, 11:14 PM

Agreed. They all cry about the Steelers anyway.

Lambert_Loonie
07-15-2011, 10:56 AM
Only Hines has broken the law (... well, this offseason).

:applaudit:

Neither of them are worth a damn. Randy Cross, Dan Dingledorf, Boomer Esiason, Shannon Sharpe, need I go on? CBS SPORTS SUCKS (Except Coach Cowher)

I'd sure as hell take CBS over FOX. Shannon I can spot you since he was a Raven. Boomer, I actually respect the hell out of because he's the only Bungal from their "hey-day" (and I use that term loosely) that's more than willing to call out the Bengals out on their bullshit. And for someone who lives in this hellhole (well, only on Sundays during football season - Northern Kentucky is great otherwise! :) ) it's a breath of fresh freakin' air.

Dino 6 Rings
07-15-2011, 11:00 AM
I hope we play even angrier this year. I hope we play every week as if the other team has just kicked one of our children in the face with cleats and go out there to destroy their hopes and dreams and even consider selling their franchise because they recognize they will never ever be as great as we are.

That's the Dream.

7 in 11 baby!

SteelerSal
07-15-2011, 11:06 AM
I hope we play even angrier this year. I hope we play every week as if the other team has just kicked one of our children in the face with cleats and go out there to destroy their hopes and dreams

THIS!!!!!!!!!!

86WARD
07-15-2011, 11:08 AM

I was referring to cbssports.com...where the article was.

86WARD
07-15-2011, 11:09 AM
I hope we play even angrier this year. I hope we play every week as if the other team has just kicked one of our children in the face with cleats and go out there to destroy their hopes and dreams and even consider selling their franchise because they recognize they will never ever be as great as we are.

That's the Dream.

7 in 11 baby!

+1

memphissteelergirl
07-18-2011, 01:18 PM

What he said.

Edman
07-18-2011, 02:07 PM
I embrace the image. Even before these past offseasons, the media didn't like the Steelers that much anyway. The Pats and the Colts were the golden boys. Even the Chargers and Ravens tended to get more credit and hype than the Steelers.

steelerdude15
07-18-2011, 02:09 PM
Let the haters hate. This article once again strengthens my argument that the American media just scrutinizes everything.

st33lersguy
07-18-2011, 02:22 PM
Dozens of Bungals have been arrested over the last few years and sign any criminal that is an NFL free agent, and the Ravens have two murderers on their squad. Sorry cbssportrs but the steelers are still far behind in the criminal department

O'Malley
07-18-2011, 02:51 PM
We should take the bad boy rep and run with it. Fuck the fines and go head hunting. Take all this bullshit press and turn it in to tackling fuel. Hit to hurt on both sides of the ball and make every team every week wish their schedule did not say Pittsburgh Steelers on it! Fuck just making the tackle I want to see people carted off the field every fucking play. Give the media something to really talk about. The Rooney's in turn should hand out bonuses every time a Steelers puts someone on the IR !

shutdown
07-18-2011, 06:13 PM
In other news 3 Bengals have been arrested in the span of one week.

I guess they read that article and felt jealous someone was taking away the one thing they're good at.