PDA

View Full Version : Ed Bouchette...the voice of reason

stillers4me
07-14-2011, 01:29 PM
Ed talks about Jamesgate...

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2011/07/14/steelers-insider-reacts-to-james-harrison-explosive-comments/#.Th8xpNEIly0.tweet

zulater
07-14-2011, 01:43 PM
In the end the only voices that will matter belong to the Steelers hiearchy and the commisioners office. I anxiously await their take on things.

stillers4me
07-14-2011, 01:58 PM
In the end the only voices that will matter belong to the Steelers hiearchy and the commisioners office. I anxiously await their take on things.

They'll do the customary and expected. Ed always seems to ave a good handle on the pulse of the organization and he doesn't seem too worried. The Rooney's have seen alot over the years and they have a good perspective on what drives these kind of players. They know James is a good guy under the rough surface and I believe his teammates like him....Santonio was ticking time bomb. I don't believe in the so called "zero tolerance" policy the world thinks the Rooney's have. The take each incident case by case. If they part ways with James, there will more reason than just this. We as fans, really don't have a clue about inside that locker room.

I don't think Hines' DUI will have any effect at all. Even if gets a one game suspension, we'll be fine. The guys won't care at all, other than "hey, that really sucks, dude. Ya need a ride to the game?" And Mendy...meh. I don't think they'll really care about that either. The whole team will get a lecture about responsible social media if there's even time for it once the lockout ends. There's way more important issues to address once the doors open this year.

I do have to say that the very last thing Steelers Nation needs right now is for Ben's civil case to rear it's ugly head right now. That would be alittle too much for even me to handle. :chuckle:

SteelerSal
07-14-2011, 02:10 PM
Listening to it right now...at the point where Ed is talking about past players of the Steelers and what they did negatively (Ernie shooting at police helicopters, Blount sueing Noll).... Harrison talking bad about the Commish, Ben and Mendy seems so minial. :lol:

stillers4me
07-14-2011, 02:27 PM
Listening to it right now...at the point where Ed is talking about past players of the Steelers and what they did negatively (Ernie shooting at police helicopters, Blount sueing Noll).... Harrison talking bad about the Commish, Ben and Mendy seems so minial. :lol:

Exactly. It's the Goodelloship that's taken over the league that has me worried.

This new generation of fans think it's perfectly normal for players to get fined and suspended for just about anything.

SteelerSal
07-14-2011, 02:38 PM
Exactly. It's the Goodelloship that's taken over the league that has me worried.

This new generation of fans think it's perfectly normal for players to get fined and suspended for just about anything.

Goodell is trying to further (excuse my terminology women) pussify the league and for all of us that grew up and remember how the game was and should be played..it's sickening. Lambert (QB's should wear skirts) and Blount ( no chuck rule) saw what was coming way before Goodell thought he was God...

86WARD
07-14-2011, 02:43 PM
James has always had mental issues...lol. Since punching his high school coach in the face. Part if the reason he wound up at Kent State instead of a major program. If not for Bill Cowher, who knows what would've happened to Harrison. He's far from normal. Which is probably why he's bad ass on the field and I love him for that. But off the field? He's not all there.

stillers4me
07-14-2011, 02:44 PM
Oh for the good ole days when our players shot at helicopters, spit at reporters, sued their coach and got shot in the ass. :heh:

86WARD
07-14-2011, 02:47 PM
Oh for the good ole days when our players shot at helicopters, spit at reporters, sued their coach and got shot in the ass. :heh:

Lol...right?!? Too funny.

SteelerSal
07-14-2011, 02:57 PM

And thats when everything was going smoothly. :thumbsup:

SteelGhost
07-14-2011, 04:59 PM
They'll do the customary and expected. Ed always seems to ave a good handle on the pulse of the organization and he doesn't seem too worried. The Rooney's have seen alot over the years and they have a good perspective on what drives these kind of players. They know James is a good guy under the rough surface and I believe his teammates like him....Santonio was ticking time bomb. I don't believe in the so called "zero tolerance" policy the world thinks the Rooney's have. The take each incident case by case. If they part ways with James, there will more reason than just this. We as fans, really don't have a clue about inside that locker room.

I don't think Hines' DUI will have any effect at all. Even if gets a one game suspension, we'll be fine. The guys won't care at all, other than "hey, that really sucks, dude. Ya need a ride to the game?" And Mendy...meh. I don't think they'll really care about that either. The whole team will get a lecture about responsible social media if there's even time for it once the lockout ends. There's way more important issues to address once the doors open this year.

I do have to say that the very last thing Steelers Nation needs right now is for Ben's civil case to rear it's ugly head right now. That would be alittle too much for even me to handle. :chuckle:

This is the voice of reason, nice post Sue :thumbsup:

HometownGal
07-15-2011, 01:30 PM
Goodell is trying to further (excuse my terminology women) pussify the league and for all of us that grew up and remember how the game was and should be played..it's sickening. Lambert (QB's should wear skirts) and Blount ( no chuck rule) saw what was coming way before Goodell thought he was God...

BINGO. I'd pay good money to see Goodumbo sitting across his desk (altar) from a pissed off Mean Joe and a frothing-at-the-mouth Lambert had he pulled the same shit on them as he pulled on James this season. :lol: :lol:

oneforthetoe
07-15-2011, 05:26 PM
Ed Bouchette...the voice of reason

Who needs Maya to predict the end of times? I have seen the 7th sign.

memphissteelergirl
07-18-2011, 01:14 PM
BINGO. I'd pay good money to see Goodumbo sitting across his desk (altar) from a pissed off Mean Joe and a frothing-at-the-mouth Lambert had he pulled the same shit on them as he pulled on James this season. :lol: :lol:

LOL...I know, right? He'd probably pee his pants! :lol:

zulater
07-18-2011, 11:58 PM
Thanks to the NFL lockout, the James Harrison insanity won't have a conclusion for days. We'll be rehashing it a bit longer. Hines Ward owes Harrison a drink.

Just don't drive after.

Some feel Harrison is beyond punishment because he conducted his maniacal interview with Men's Journal during a work stoppage. I disagree. Harrison has an active, binding contract with the Steelers. When the NFL resumes, Harrison has the same job, in the same place, he previously had.

Harrison will likely be fined a substantial amount, perhaps six figures, for his homophobic slur. The NBA set that precedent with Kobe Bryant. That's a serious offense, and causes problems with powerful special interest groups.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell won't take further action. He won't want to be seen as indulging a grudge. Disciplining Harrison for his gay remark is safe. No one besides Harrison will gripe. Goodell will be universally backed.

The Steelers should punish, too. Harrison should be suspended for a game. Yes, I know the Steelers open at Baltimore. Winning should be the first priority, but it can't be the only priority. It can't erase concepts like decency and humanity. At what point have you sold your soul?

The ultimate upshot comes following the season, when LaMarr Woodley and Lawrence Timmons get long-term, big-money deals and Harrison gets ditched. Harrison is 33. He faded at the end of each of the last two seasons. He had just one tackle in the Super Bowl, a game he blamed Ben Roethlisberger and Rashard Mendenhall for losing.

Read the entire article...

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/monday-madden-an-embarrassment-for-pittsburgh/article_3398c379-1a88-5033-a49f-8dbf8c5b5ff0.html

Actually I think Mark Madden is more of the voice of reason in this case than Bouchette.

steelerdude15
07-19-2011, 12:58 AM
The more I think about this, the more I could care less and I really don't find this a big deal. You should be able to say what you want, but with the lovely American media you can't.

zulater
07-19-2011, 04:45 AM
The more I think about this, the more I could care less and I really don't find this a big deal. You should be able to say what you want, but with the lovely American media you can't.

James Harrison's stupidity isn't a media creation. If you equate the commisioneer to a corporate head or CEO, how many people that you know could go on a public rant claiming the CEO of the company that employs them is a faggot and the devil and not suffer consequences?

steelerdude15
07-19-2011, 10:55 AM
James Harrison's stupidity isn't a media creation. If you equate the commisioneer to a corporate head or CEO, how many people that you know could go on a public rant claiming the CEO of the company that employs them is a faggot and the devil and not suffer consequences?

I'm not saying it is a media creation. What I am saying is that the media is making this into a bigger thing then what it is. While it wasn't right to say what he said about Ben and Mendy, most NFL fans agree with James when it comes to Goodell. I personally believe that Goodell might be the most hated commissioner the NFL has ever had. Your second point is valid because a smart person wouldn't do it, but we must remember that James and the rest of the NFL players were unemployed during this lockout. Any player could have said whatever they wanted and shouldn't be punished by the NFL when the lockout ends. The NFLPA has already said that if Harrison is punished for what he said, they would have a problem with this.