PDA

View Full Version : Questions for E Sanders

Prok
06-21-2010, 10:10 AM
If you're interested in the Q&A with him post your questions here.

Twitter has a 140 char limit so i think your name plus short questions will work cool.

I'll paste them and send 'em as i get time.

He say's he'll get in touch with me when he's ready. Presumably one evening this week.

Edit: If anyone has better idea on how 2 do it, it would be helpful.

solardave
06-21-2010, 10:52 AM
Prok,

Do you have the link to follow him?

Texasteel
06-21-2010, 11:01 AM
Just tell him that we have a guy here from Mesquite that has been tell y'all how luck we were to get him.

Prok
06-21-2010, 11:35 AM
Prok,

Do you have the link to follow him?

If you have a twitter account go to find people then type in @ESanders88

I've got a few questions lined up.

We always here about the family vibe in the locker room, whats youre early impressions?

Could ya go in depth about the moments after ya found out Steelers drafted you?

Who was your idol and fav teams growing up?

What's youre early impression on the Steelers fanbase?

I got about 50 thousand more but i won't hog him up. LOL

Psycho Ward 86
06-21-2010, 11:41 AM
Who do you compare yourself to, past or present as a wide receiver?

Prok
06-21-2010, 12:11 PM
Tony's got a great idea to put SteelUniverse in with the questions from this mb. OK by you guys?

tony hipchest
06-21-2010, 12:30 PM
also, if you dont have an account, you can go here --- http://twitter.com/SteelerUniverse

i am trying to follow all steelers (current and past + other relevant news and information outlets) on behalf of our messageboard.

hopefully the admin will add a direct link to network and further push exposure.

X-Terminator
06-21-2010, 01:14 PM
also, if you dont have an account, you can go here --- http://twitter.com/SteelerUniverse

i am trying to follow all steelers (current and past + other relevant news and information outlets) on behalf of our messageboard.

hopefully the admin will add a direct link to network and further push exposure.

We can do that, sure. We can also link our Facebook page to the Twitter account, which hopefully can give us even more exposure.

stillers4me
06-21-2010, 01:24 PM
We can do that, sure. We can also link our Facebook page to the Twitter account, which hopefully can give us even more exposure.

I was going to do that but I don't understand Twitter at all. XT, I made you and HTG admins on the FB page so you can go ahead and do that. I think it's at the top of the admin page.

tony hipchest
06-21-2010, 01:26 PM
cool. i dont know too much about it but for example- hines ward doesnt "tweet" per say, but any entry he puts into his facebook is automatically added to his twitter account also.

even though i dont facebook, i can see what he is up to on twitter which is a direct link to his page.

this would be good for steeluniverse members who have no interest in searching or being members on facebook or twitter but would always have the direct links at their disposal.

the "retweet" deal can spread like chainmail and bound to get us exposure the more it is used

7willBheaven
06-21-2010, 01:36 PM
If you're interested in the Q&A with him post your questions here.

Twitter has a 140 char limit so i think your name plus short questions will work cool.

I'll paste them and send 'em as i get time.

He say's he'll get in touch with me when he's ready. Presumably one evening this week.

Edit: If anyone has better idea on how 2 do it, it would be helpful.

Just an idea...questions/etc can be longer than 140 characters...if you go to twitlonger.com and log into your account from there and post longer tweets what it does is it shows the first 140 characters and then puts a link you click on to see the rest. Its really handy when its hard to do 140 characters.

7willBheaven
06-21-2010, 01:53 PM
also for those wondering...Keenan Lewis has an FB at http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=19709664

Chidi29
06-21-2010, 04:13 PM
Direct link to his twitter if you don't have an account.

http://twitter.com/Esanders88

Chidi29
06-21-2010, 04:14 PM
How different is the route tree in a pro style compared to the spread you had at SMU?

Prok
06-21-2010, 05:37 PM
Who do you compare yourself to, past or present as a wide receiver?

I flipped a coin. SU was heads PS was tails. it came up heads.

This'll be the very first question asked.

BTW i think this is just awesome. We don't have to read the PG or Trib in this instance. We, the fans, get to make our own Steelers news !!

steeldevil
06-21-2010, 06:00 PM
How do you see yourself fitting in the Steelers offense this upcoming season? How do you like your chances of being the #4 or even #3 WR?

Prok
06-21-2010, 06:48 PM
Just an idea...questions/etc can be longer than 140 characters...if you go to twitlonger.com and log into your account from there and post longer tweets what it does is it shows the first 140 characters and then puts a link you click on to see the rest. Its really handy when its hard to do 140 characters.

Done. And thank you very much for the advice. Now if i can do the Q&A right i'll be happy camper. lol

tony hipchest
06-21-2010, 06:57 PM
Done. And thank you very much for the advice. Now if i can do the Q&A right i'll be happy camper. loljust have your questions typed out already on a separate page. cut and paste them into your tweets real quick in succession. then sanders can easilly take 5 minutes (or even a day) to answer them in succession.

twitter followers will have to go page to page to match the Q's with the A's. you can cut the answers and paste them into your original page of questions, and then post that single page of text up on the 2 boards.

Prok
06-21-2010, 07:04 PM
Thanks Tony. Should i post answers in this thread or start a new thread?

Prok
06-21-2010, 07:07 PM
Oh, and also. Is this how i should have the questions formatted:

@Esanders88 @SteelerUniverse: <insert question here>

??

Devilsdancefloor
06-21-2010, 07:10 PM
also for those wondering...Keenan Lewis has an FB at http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=19709664

that looks like his "official page for friend" and not a fan page

tony hipchest
06-21-2010, 07:35 PM
Oh, and also. Is this how i should have the questions formatted:

@Esanders88 @SteelersUniverse: <insert question here>

??that would be the best for questions from this sites members, but remember that cuts into 30 of your 140 characters, which shouldnt matter as the questions should be rather short and sweet.

example-

@Esanders88 @SteelerUniverse: What was the impact of your rookie mates not only seeing 6 Lombardis in Pgh, but also rich history in the HOF?

solardave
06-21-2010, 07:55 PM
If you have a twitter account go to find people then type in @ESanders88

I've got a few questions lined up.

We always here about the family vibe in the locker room, whats youre early impressions?

Could ya go in depth about the moments after ya found out Steelers drafted you?

Who was your idol and fav teams growing up?

What's youre early impression on the Steelers fanbase?

I got about 50 thousand more but i won't hog him up. LOL

i'm not real good with Twitter so my question is: How does it feel to be the newest member of the GREATEST TEAM ON EARTH?

7willBheaven
06-21-2010, 10:43 PM
that looks like his "official page for friend" and not a fan page

I think its just his page...it dont seem he has different things for everyone. He friended me (plus tons of other people) that dont know him personally.

Prok
06-25-2010, 04:22 PM
Well i've had a busy week but logged in to twitter every night hoping for him to message me that he's ready. So far he hasn't. Hopefully he'll be ready soon.

kielbasasteeler
06-25-2010, 04:57 PM
Use direct messaging i bet its longer.

He was a charger fan growing up but now he says he's steeler boy.

ALLD
06-25-2010, 06:47 PM
Would you take Ben's sloppy seconds?

stillers4me
06-25-2010, 06:51 PM
Well i've had a busy week but logged in to twitter every night hoping for him to message me that he's ready. So far he hasn't. Hopefully he'll be ready soon.

When he answers, could you please start a separate thread so I can link that page on the FB page? It will be the first SU exclusive interview!!!

Prok
06-25-2010, 08:07 PM
lol... now he tells me he was waitin on me when his last message to me says otherwise... i'm goin' out tonight. we set it up for tomorrow. i'll start a thread when we start

Butch
06-25-2010, 09:09 PM
Here are some for you to mull over.

What and/or who has impressed you the most so far?

What intrigues you the most about the Steeler organization?

What does it mean to you to be a Steeler?

Wallace108
06-25-2010, 11:15 PM
We, the fans, get to make our own Steelers news !!

:thumbsup:

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/2376/presshat.jpg

Prok
06-26-2010, 05:32 PM
He sent me a direct message with his email addy so i just copied all the questions and sent them to him. I think there were over 20 questions total. He's gonna answer in return email. I'll post em when i get them in.

He had some personal stuff goin' on today so we decided to just do the Q & A through email.
I formatted them as "via SteelUniverse.net"
Took me a while to find and copy all the questions. Gawd i hope i didn't leave anybody out!

stillers4me
06-26-2010, 09:42 PM
This is really cool!

Steely McSmash
06-26-2010, 11:50 PM
Way to go Prok!

My question if this continues would be what part of his skill set as a receiver does he need to work on the most after the spring OTA's and minicamp.

Prok
06-28-2010, 06:58 PM
He direct messaged me today. He's in San Diego (i believe) for the rookie symposium (sp?), say's he has read over all the questions and should have all answers provided to me by wedsnday.

And ANYONE who feel's that one of their questions have been accidentally left out for whatever reason PLEASE let me know. I have his personal email addy plus can contact him on twitter and will get it to him.

And youre welcome. I'm just happy to be able to contribute something for fellow Steelers fans.

P.S. I even added Tony's example question. LOL

Chidi29
06-28-2010, 09:31 PM
Prok for President!

Psycho Ward 86
06-28-2010, 09:58 PM
:thumbsup:

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/2376/presshat.jpg

lol

7willBheaven
06-28-2010, 11:31 PM
I was actually talkin to him the other day on his FB page...very cool guy.

Wallace108
06-28-2010, 11:41 PM

Prok or Sanders? Don't know about Sanders, but Prok is awesome.

Prok
06-29-2010, 06:47 AM

Been a Steelers fan over 30 years. This young man is one of the most personable Steelers players i have ever met. I'm praying he makes this team and becomes one of our greats. He's definately got the character aspect well covered.

Stlrs4Life
06-30-2010, 08:11 AM
Emmanuel Sanders Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Emmanuel-Sanders-When-a-Dream-Becomes-Reality/116887828336765?v=wall

blackandgoldman
07-05-2010, 11:32 PM
????????????????????????????

Prok
07-07-2010, 05:54 PM
yes i'm stilllllllll waiting for him to send me back his answers. starting to lose patience with you Emmanuel....

RuthlessBurgher
07-08-2010, 12:36 PM
Hey, SU folks...this is RuthlessBurgher, one of the mods from over at PlanetSteelers. Nice site y'all got going here.

Prok posted his Q&A session with Emmanuel Sanders on our site about a half hour ago.

He said that he, for the life of him, cannot get this website to load for him.

He said that as soon as he is able to log on to SteelUniverse, he will post it here ASAP.

fansince'76
07-08-2010, 12:39 PM
Hey, SU folks...this is RuthlessBurgher, one of the mods from over at PlanetSteelers. Nice site y'all got going here.

Prok posted his Q&A session with Emmanuel Sanders on our site about a half hour ago.

He said that he, for the life of him, cannot get this website to load for him.

He said that as soon as he is able to log on to SteelUniverse, he will post it here ASAP.

Welcome! Is it OK if we posted a link to your board on our frontpage listing you as a "friendly site?"

Our host was having a problem and needed to reboot our server - the board was inaccessible for a bit.

RuthlessBurgher
07-08-2010, 12:46 PM
[QUOTE=fansince'76;22278]Welcome! Is it OK if we posted a link to your board on our frontpage listing you as a "friendly site?"[QUOTE]

Absolutely! Our constituents are certainly aware of this site's existance after the massive influx that followed the sudden downfall of SteelersFever. I have a feeling that many of our shared posters will be spending a good deal time on both sites once the season starts.

[QUOTE=fansince'76;22278]Our host was having a problem and needed to reboot our server - the board was inaccessible for a bit.[QUOTE]

I'll let Prok know. Thanks.

fansince'76
07-08-2010, 12:57 PM
Absolutely! Our constituents are certainly aware of this site's existance after the massive influx that followed the sudden downfall of SteelersFever. I have a feeling that many of our shared posters will be spending a good deal time on both sites once the season starts.

Awesome - I didn't think you would mind, but I wanted to ask anyway. And thanks for your hospitality toward our members who also spend time on your site as well - the Planet's highly spoken of by many here. :drink: