PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: Police Release Hines Ward DUI Arrest Report

stillers4me
07-11-2011, 02:23 PM
Channel 11’s Rich Walsh has uncovered new details on the traffic stop and arrest of Steelers receiver Hines Ward.

Sources said Hines Ward didn’t drive his Aston Martin into a curb, as originally reported.

Walsh reported that Ward was followed by an Atlanta Transit Police officer for four miles early Saturday morning before he was pulled over outside of Atlanta and charged with driving under the influence.........

Read more @ http://www.wpxi.com/news/28511903/detail.html

stillers4me
07-11-2011, 02:24 PM
Ah hah!

the plot thickens........

stillers4me
07-11-2011, 02:37 PM
Police told the AJC that Ward's car was not impounded because another person in it was not drunk and was allowed to drive it away.

So if Hines was really "drunk", why wasn't his friend driving? There's just something fishy about this whole thing.

fansince'76
07-11-2011, 02:47 PM
Looking more and more like a "DWB" case to me....

HometownGal
07-11-2011, 02:50 PM
I heard Roger Goodell was spotted in the back of the popo car just wringing his hands with delight, kicking his fat little feet and frothing at the mouth.

Texasteel
07-11-2011, 03:01 PM
I looks like it's a major crime in Georgia to be a Steelers football player. They are going to just keep arresting one every chance they get until they can get something to stick.

Count Steeler
07-11-2011, 03:29 PM
Police told the AJC that Ward's car was not impounded because another person in it was not drunk and was allowed to drive it away.

So if Hines was really "drunk", why wasn't his friend driving? There's just something fishy about this whole thing.

My thoughts exactly stillers4me. This story is twisting in the wind and something is not right with this story.

Mtn.Steel
07-11-2011, 03:48 PM
I read that article three times and did not see that he took 3 breathalyzers. In fact it says he refused one. Not that it matters I suppose, just sayin.

stillers4me
07-11-2011, 03:59 PM
I read that article three times and did not see that he took 3 breathalyzers. In fact it says he refused one. Not that it matters I suppose, just sayin.

They updated the story. It originally said that he actually took 3. who knows what to believe. Just like in Ben's case, the story changes hourly.

Nadroj 20
07-11-2011, 04:24 PM
I hope it comes out the he didn't refuse the breathalyzer test because isn't that automatic DUI? I think its something like that in Ohio anyway.

SteelerEmpire
07-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Followed him for 4 MILES !?!?!?!? You gotta be kiddin me !!! That C.o.p (Coward or punk ?) was gonna find something on him if it was the last thing he did ! I'm willing to bet they falsified some of the facts in this as well !

steeldawg
07-11-2011, 04:35 PM
I hope it comes out the he didn't refuse the breathalyzer test because isn't that automatic DUI? I think its something like that in Ohio anyway.

Its not automatic in fact most attorney's will tell you if your going to beat a DUI charge you shouldnt blow. The risk is in most states if your found guilty you automatically lose your license for a year or 6 months.

steeldevil
07-11-2011, 04:41 PM

Yep...

Nadroj 20
07-11-2011, 04:47 PM
Its not automatic in fact most attorney's will tell you if your going to beat a DUI charge you shouldnt blow. The risk is in most states if your found guilty you automatically lose your license for a year or 6 months.

Ok thanks for clearing that up for me.

New information does indeed make this sound fishy so we will see what else comes up within these next few days.

SteelerEmpire
07-11-2011, 05:13 PM

I still hear of stories that when you drive down certain remote roads at night in Georgia you can see large crosses burning in the distance. And also, if your a minority, do not let your car break down in certain areas... sigh !? Some people just won't change.

steeldevil
07-11-2011, 05:52 PM
I still hear of stories that when you drive down certain remote roads at night in Georgia you can see large crosses burning in the distance. And also, if your a minority, do not let your car break down in certain areas... sigh !? Some people just won't change.

Oh yeah that stuff still goes on here in NC, so I can only guess about the further south... Not everyone is like that though, but you better believe there are still people that would do those kind of things...

And about "DWB", my sociology professor, who is black, did an experiment with a white graduate student. They took turns driving around campus at midnight. It took the white grad student an average of 10 laps driving around campus to be pulled over by police. It took my black professor an average of 2 laps driving around campus to be pulled over. So "DWB" definitely does exist.... And its pathetic...

86WARD
07-11-2011, 06:43 PM
.128! That's more like it. Fuck that .046 report.

Seriously though...why isn't their a straight story on all this coming from the legal side?

fansince'76
07-11-2011, 07:38 PM

$200K Aston Martin with Pennsylvania plates being driven by a black man in Georgia at 3 AM. Just sayin'....

stillers4me
07-11-2011, 07:40 PM
Doesn't it seem odd to anyone else that if Hines was drunk, the sober guy was just sitting in the passenger seat letting him drive? :noidea:

Texasteel
07-11-2011, 07:56 PM
Doesn't it seem odd to anyone else that if Hines was drunk, the sober guy was just sitting in the passenger seat letting him drive? :noidea:

The whole thing stinks to high heaven. Still there will be some that automatically jump to condemn Ward no matter how questionable the stories are.

Shoes
07-11-2011, 08:04 PM

Maybe they were texting each other... :chuckle:

steeldevil
07-11-2011, 08:12 PM
$200K Aston Martin with Pennsylvania plates being driven by a black man in Georgia at 3 AM. Just sayin'....

Why would his car have PA plates? Doesn't he live in Georgia?

Devilsdancefloor
07-11-2011, 08:14 PM
Followed him for 4 MILES !?!?!?!? You gotta be kiddin me !!! That C.o.p (Coward or punk ?) was gonna find something on him if it was the last thing he did ! I'm willing to bet they falsified some of the facts in this as well !

all the stories ihave read say he was STOPPED 4 miles from the club was the cop in the parking lot of the club? this is getting stranger and stranger

fansince'76
07-11-2011, 08:19 PM
Why would his car have PA plates? Doesn't he live in Georgia?

The police report (http://www.wpxi.com/download/2011/0711/28512502.pdf) listed Pennsylvania plates. :noidea:

steeldevil
07-11-2011, 08:27 PM
The police report (http://www.wpxi.com/download/2011/0711/28512502.pdf) listed Pennsylvania plates. :noidea:

Guess its nice to be rich and live in multiple states and have multiple cars at each of your homes... :violin:

SteelerEmpire
07-11-2011, 09:15 PM
So is this the mug shot ??? From NFL.com:

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/ward_070811_IA.jpg

Or is this the mug shot ??? From TMZ.com:

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2011/07/09/0709-hines-ward-mug-ex.jpg

One has a blue shirt, the other black ???

stillers4me
07-11-2011, 09:47 PM
Exactly as I brought up in another post. Which one is it? And why did his sober passenger let him drive "drunk".

Things that make you go "hmmmm........?"

Count Steeler
07-11-2011, 09:52 PM
Perhaps I was too quick on the draw. I am waiting to see more details come out of Georgia. The more I see, the more I suspect this cop is not a Steelers fan, nor a fan of "diversity".

salamander
07-11-2011, 09:58 PM
Steelers haters are rejoicing as we speak. :rolleyes:

NCSteeler
07-11-2011, 11:35 PM

Seriously. Maybe you should get the fuck out of the small town every once in a while. How about huge sections of Georgia/Atlanta where breaking down while white means a minimum giving up your wallet and possibly your life.

It goes both ways don't believe every damn thing you see in the movies about the south. I've lived all over and the behind the scenes racism in the north is way worse then those that let their feelings show in the south.

NCSteeler
07-11-2011, 11:48 PM
Officers told Channel 11’s news exchange partners at the Atlanta Journal Constitution that Ward failed a field sobriety test and refused to take a Breathalyzer. Police said he told them he was at a downtown club and had two drinks.
The officer who wrote the report said he conducted five field sobriety tests on Ward, including what is called an Alco-Sensor test, which indicated that Ward had a blood alcohol reading of .128. The legal limit is .08.

Any cops or drunks here that can explain how one can refuse a breathalyzer and they can still determine BAC ??? I looked up ALCO Sensor meters online and all the manufacture says they can do is determine if alcohol is present on the breath while someone is talking, with a result of pos or neg not and actual BAC number, HMMM??

SteelerEmpire
07-12-2011, 12:16 AM
Seriously. Maybe you should get the fuck out of the small town every once in a while. How about huge sections of Georgia/Atlanta where breaking down while white means a minimum giving up your wallet and possibly your life.

It goes both ways don't believe every damn thing you see in the movies about the south. I've lived all over and the behind the scenes racism in the north is way worse then those that let their feelings show in the south.

Woe buddy, calm down NCSteeler... this is well documented from several reputable sources. You don't think Jewish organizations keep up with this stuff ? And I didn't get my info from the "movies"... And we are aware of what goes on in areas like "Georgia/Atlanta", but the subject was on our WR Hines Ward's situation. And please tell me what small town did I said I was in ? I don't understand ? And it almost sounds like your defending that type of behavior (in Georgia) 'in some way' ? Are you ?

steelerdude15
07-12-2011, 12:51 AM
This story is getting worse. We're getting a number of different results and the media can't even get anything straight. Doesn't sound right at all.

katmandu
07-12-2011, 12:52 AM
I hope it comes out the he didn't refuse the breathalyzer test because isn't that automatic DUI? I think its something like that in Ohio anyway.No, it's not an automatic DUI.

A refusal to submit is an automatic (1) YEAR Suspension of one's Driving Privileges (Driver's License). Hines reportedly possesses a PA DL.

katmandu
07-12-2011, 01:00 AM
Any cops or drunks here that can explain how one can refuse a breathalyzer and they can still determine BAC ??? Former-LEO here.

Hines reportedly did blow on the field handheld, screening type meter. Most BTW, can give a BAC in numbers.

However, since these field (in the cruiser) are ONLY SCREENING devices and NOT made to the rigorous standards of the real Breathalyzer, LEOs are only allowed to report if Alcohol was present or not.

Now, the real Breathalyzers (stationary type) are Calibrated and QC'd to much tighter standards than the handheld field screening units. Hines refused to blow thru the stationary Breathalyzer.

So the #s we're seeing are basically BS #s that can NOT be used in a Court of Law.

SteelerSal
07-12-2011, 06:28 AM
This was the officer that pulled Hines over...witnesses say he was reffering to Hines as the, "Dancing Bandit"..plus overheard saying several times, "I'm gonna barbeque your ass" Hmmm. :huh:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-4BhmHpNrLyY/TggCW4r2M7I/AAAAAAAALXI/33U4KMGzVC8/s320/SmokyBandit21.jpg

venom
07-12-2011, 06:38 AM
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh319/contour66/hines-ward-crying.gif?t=1264215021

86WARD
07-12-2011, 07:26 AM
Regardless. Fine and slap on wrist. No suspension. No worries. Next story.

NCSteeler
07-12-2011, 11:43 PM
Woe buddy, calm down NCSteeler... this is well documented from several reputable sources. You don't think Jewish organizations keep up with this stuff ? And I didn't get my info from the "movies"... And we are aware of what goes on in areas like "Georgia/Atlanta", but the subject was on our WR Hines Ward's situation. And please tell me what small town did I said I was in ? I don't understand ? And it almost sounds like your defending that type of behavior (in Georgia) 'in some way' ? Are you ?

If drving while black is a crime in GA, then there wouldn't be many people left.

NCSteeler
07-12-2011, 11:44 PM
Former-LEO here.

Hines reportedly did blow on the field handheld, screening type meter. Most BTW, can give a BAC in numbers.

However, since these field (in the cruiser) are ONLY SCREENING devices and NOT made to the rigorous standards of the real Breathalyzer, LEOs are only allowed to report if Alcohol was present or not.

Now, the real Breathalyzers (stationary type) are Calibrated and QC'd to much tighter standards than the handheld field screening units. Hines refused to blow thru the stationary Breathalyzer.

So the #s we're seeing are basically BS #s that can NOT be used in a Court of Law.

Thanks, never knew that.

steelreserve
07-14-2011, 02:01 AM
To clear things up: In most places, refusing to take the field sobriety test or blow into the field alco-sensor is an automatic arrest that gets you hauled down to the station, where they give you the REAL test. That can be a stationary Breathalyzer or (in most places) you can refuse it and ask for a blood test or a piss test. They will push you to do the breath test because it's quicker; for a piss test, a second cop has to come down to be an uninvolved witness, and for a blood test, they often have to get an EMT or a lab tech, and in the middle of the night, either of those things can take 45 minutes. However, if you really didn't drink a lot, any smart lawyer will tell you to refuse the breath test because it's the least accurate, and also if you've been drinking within the past hour or so, the results can be inflated by the alcohol you recently drank. The blood test is the most accurate, so if you're actually drunk, you're better off taking your chances with one of the other tests.

Anyway. That's what all that is. So maybe the guy was drunk. Wotta bummer.

KATK9
07-14-2011, 03:16 AM
I just don't see how 2 bottles of Coronas to have been consumed by 12:00 midnight, 2 hours and 23 minutes before the incident would hold such a high reading.