PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Running Backs: Mendenhall All By Himself- nice pick, Cowher

SteelerSal
07-08-2011, 01:05 PM
Steelers Running Backs: Mendenhall All By Himself

AUTHOR: Adam 7-8-2011

http://nicepickcowher.com/files/2011/07/rashard-mendenhall-300x205.jpg

Rashard Mendenhall has proven to be a solid back on the field. Other than the fumble in the Super Bowl, and all of the fair whether fans that cast him out after, Rashard has been a consistent weapon in the Steelers’ offense, and helped lead the Steelers to a 3-1 start in the 2010 season during Ben Roethlisberger’s 4 game suspension.

I talk a lot about Big Ben being a great passer, and how we have much to see from this passing offense in years to come, but there is no pass game without a run game. The Steelers live by the old-school philosophy that the run sets up the pass, and it is not the other way around. Whether that sentiment is changing in Pittsburgh is still up for debate, but what isn’t in question is how important it is to have a strong rushing game.
Unfortunately, where it stands, the Steelers only have one productive running back. Rashard Mendenhall has been a go-to player for the Steelers ever since he won the job from an injured Willie Parker in 2008. Where Rashard has had some less than spectacular moments (twitter antics, Super Bowl Fumble etc.) he has shown that he is a reliable player on the field. He’s been carrying the bulk of the load for the last two seasons, (2009: 242 carries for 1,108 yds, 2010: 324 carries for 1,273 yds). Over three seasons he averages 4.2 yards per carry and seems to only be getting stronger. read more.... (http://nicepickcowher.com/2011/07/08/steelers-running-backs-mendenhall-all-by-himself/)

Psycho Ward 86
07-08-2011, 02:41 PM
im not bitter about that fumble. Mendenhall was holding it high and tight, and all credit goes to Clay Matthews, he read that play PERFECTLY and laid the wood in just the PERFECT spot. He's going to have himself a legendary career just like his father and uncle.

ALLD
07-08-2011, 02:58 PM
It's no secret that Mendy was forced to carry the ball around training camp outside of practice and anybody who knocked it out made him pay a $500 penalty.

polamalubeast
07-08-2011, 05:44 PM
It must be remembered that Mendenhall was incredible against the jets.,,Mendenhall had 121 yards rushing against the Jets and before that game, he had never had a RB who had 100 rushing yards against the Jets since Rex Ryan is head coach.

Unfortunately, he had a fumble against the Packers,But it is not the only Steelers player to have made mistakes against Green Bay.

steeldevil
07-08-2011, 05:58 PM
Unless he disappoints in TC, I expect Redman to get more carries this year. He showed he can make things happen last season. Dwyer can still become a good back too, guy was a beast in college. I am assuming he is still learning the playbook,which is probably harder for him because he ran an option offense in college. Moore is likely gone and the 3rd spot will be either Dwyer or Batch. Probably Dwyer. Unless we sign Tiki or Bush....LOL

polamalubeast
07-08-2011, 06:19 PM
I would say yes for Reggie Bush if the right price, but I never want to have Barber on the team!.. I would take a Burress instead!

Psycho Ward 86
07-08-2011, 06:24 PM
It must be remembered that Mendenhall was incredible against the jets.,,Mendenhall had 121 yards rushing against the Jets and before that game, he had never had a RB who had 100 rushing yards against the Jets since Rex Ryan is head coach.

Hell, he was only ONE YARD away from doing it twice in the same year.

Nadroj 20
07-08-2011, 07:08 PM
Personally I would love to have Reggie Bush, who can bring more to the table other then a compliment at RB. He can catch well out of the back field, we could play him in the slot a little and would be an awesome addition to the return game.

However one thing matters....the price has to be nice.

The Duke
07-08-2011, 07:28 PM
Hell, he was only ONE YARD away from doing it twice in the same year.

and didn't he come close to breaking it in 09 against baltimore too? That's two very tough defenses to run against

polamalubeast
07-08-2011, 07:44 PM
The Steelers never good game by running against the Ravens.

The last time a RB steelers had made over 100 yards against the Ravens, it's Jerome Bettis in 2004!

But at least Mendenhall is good in the red zone against the Ravens.

Psycho Ward 86
07-08-2011, 09:39 PM
and didn't he come close to breaking it in 09 against baltimore too? That's two very tough defenses to run against

with Dixon at the helm too! Beast mode!

steel striker
07-08-2011, 10:59 PM
Mendy is a good solid back and, I know lately he needs to shut his mouth. Having said that he is a good threat in the running game for us.