PDA

View Full Version : 'Looks Like' Good News On Lockout

SteelerEmpire
07-06-2011, 09:00 PM
This article states their now working on the terminology of the agreement... and that's the word to focus on: "agreement"! Usually in a negotiation, once your at the actual terminology phase, an agreement has already been made... Lets hope the NFL's lawyers and leaders are following the usual negotiation protocol.... (fingers crossed) ...[my bad mods, should have put in 'around the nfl' section...]

--------------------
Article:

Lawyers address details, language issues in labor talks

By Albert Breer NFL Network
NFL Network Reporter
Published: July 6, 2011 at 03:21 p.m. Updated: July 6, 2011 at 07:49 p.m.

NEW YORK -- The legal teams and staffs for NFL owners and players went through their second consecutive day of meetings in Manhattan, slogging through the details and language of a potential agreement...

LINK: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d820a33a1/article/lawyers-address-details-language-issues-in-labor-talks?module=HP_headlines

HometownGal
07-07-2011, 06:30 AM
I'm sure these legal teams are racking up the dough with their high hourly rates fine tuning the "language". They are the only ones right now making any money.

Seeing is believing. Get a damned deal done already and let's get the season going!!!

Texasteel
07-07-2011, 08:05 AM
I'm sure these legal teams are racking up the dough with their high hourly rates fine tuning the "language". They are the only ones right now making any money.

Seeing is believing. Get a damned deal done already and let's get the season going!!!

Amen and Amen!!!!

86WARD
07-07-2011, 11:17 AM
My theory as well. Hammered out the basics last week. Lawyers language and details this week. Goddell and Smith go over today/tomorrow. Present to the owners. Vote next week. Pass.

memphissteelergirl
07-07-2011, 11:17 AM
:pray::pray::pray:

TMC
07-07-2011, 11:41 AM

Last week, the NFLPA* renegotiated with its lawyers and a flat fee was in the deal. Lawyers usually get paid in one of three ways. First, is billable hours where they get a per hour rate. Second is a contingency fee which is a percentage of the outcome. Third is the flat fee, where they get a set amount regardless of the outcome.

It could be why you see the jump in progress. They have no need to continue to drag it out and since a deal looks inevitable, the smart move for them is to get it done.

I think there are a couple areas left to hash out. First will be the benefits split for retired players (NFL pays what percent, NFLPA pays what percent). The second will be the amounts paid to rookies. The other big hurdle will be the years before free agency (should revert back to 4) and if teams will have some right of first refusal to players with 4 or 5 seasons accrued or a chance to place the tag on said players.

kmsteelerwr15
07-07-2011, 12:38 PM
My theory as well. Hammered out the basics last week. Lawyers language and details this week. Goddell and Smith go over today/tomorrow. Present to the owners. Vote next week. Pass.

I hope you're rght