PDA

View Full Version : Colon's career has several paths when lockout ends

LLT
06-30-2011, 09:59 AM
Colon's career has several paths when lockout ends
By Scott Brown, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, June 30, 2011

His future has not generated as much speculation as Ike Taylor's but Willie Colon finds himself in a similar situation as the Steelers cornerback.

Colon wants to stay in Pittsburgh. But, like Taylor, Colon acknowledges that a decision he may have to make in the near future is a business one, too.

Colon is expected to be an unrestricted free agent once the NFL lockout ends. And a number of factors could complicate his returning to the team for which he started 54 consecutive games at right tackle from 2006-09.

Read more: Colon's career has several paths when lockout ends - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_744505.html#ixzz1Qltw2Seo

Craic
07-01-2011, 05:35 PM
i wonder if there's going to be any kind of one year suspension on FA, or a changed/muted FA thsi year

GBMelBlount
07-01-2011, 06:08 PM
First, I wonder if many other teams would consider him more than an average lineman. Second, he is coming off a major injury. Third we made it to the superbowl without him last year. Fourth, I think our line will be better this year with or without him.

Willie has a great attitude and I really like him BUT all things considered I certainly hope we don't get into a bidding war to keep him.