PDA

View Full Version : Legursky's handiness helps him stick in Pittsburgh.

LLT
06-28-2011, 08:29 AM
Legursky's handiness helps him stick in Pittsburgh.
June 24, 2011 @ 3:14 p.m. ET
By Mike Wilkening
Senior editor

When Steelers C-OG Doug Legursky ponders a season that began with him as a reserve and ended with him starting in Super Bowl XLV, he thinks of the wide range of perspective he received.

"I've seen every angle you can approach a game from," he said. "… I guess out of anything, that's the most valuable thing."

Legursky's versatility and readiness were put to the test multiple times a season ago, and never more so than when the Steelers needed him most. He got the call in the Super Bowl in place of the injured Maurkice Pouncey, whom he relieved early in the AFC title game after the star rookie suffered a high ankle sprain.

Read More:
http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/06/24/legurskys-handiness-helps-him-stick-in-pittsburgh

86WARD
06-28-2011, 08:44 AM
I'm a fan of the big guy. Definitely a nice versatile player to have on the team. His play in the Super Bowl was impressive and I think it got him a little more recognition than he had in the past.

Devilsdancefloor
06-28-2011, 10:10 AM
I really like him a lot i kind of see him as the hoke of the Oline. I hope to see him to years to come in B&G

SteelerSal
06-28-2011, 10:31 AM
Legursky is a favorite of mine also...I love the underdog players who step up and contribute...

LLT
06-28-2011, 10:35 AM
"I'm going in there and battling to be a starter," Legursky said of his outlook.

Gotta love Legursky.

Texasteel
06-28-2011, 11:36 AM
Legursky is a favorite of mine also...I love the underdog players who step up and contribute...

Legurske quickly became a site favorite, maybe because one of us mentioned his names about every 2 minutes about 2 years ago. You know who you are.:wink02:

Craic
06-28-2011, 12:01 PM
Legurske quickly became a site favorite, maybe because one of us mentioned his names about every 2 minutes about 2 years ago. You know who you are.:wink02:

?? Now who would that be? (And I think it was three years ago for me :chuckle: )

fansince'76
06-28-2011, 12:02 PM
I'm a fan of the big guy. Definitely a nice versatile player to have on the team. His play in the Super Bowl was impressive and I think it got him a little more recognition than he had in the past.

Agreed. I thought he really played well in the SB.

SteelerSal
06-28-2011, 12:05 PM
I feel it needs to be mentioned that he is the best blocking FB on the team also. :)

Troyfan
06-28-2011, 01:38 PM
He is a great player. Too bad that with Pouncey will not be at the same time on the track.

SteelerSal
06-28-2011, 01:50 PM
He is a great player. Too bad that with Pouncey will not be at the same time on the track.

Ah, but Legursky is not just stuck behind Pouncey..he is able to play at OG also. :thumbsup:

from the article;

In the regular season, Legursky started four games, all at right guard, in place of the injured Trai Essex. With Pouncey the surefire starter at center, Legursky's best shot at competing for a starting spot this season could be at guard, though whether that happens could be tied to whether the Steelers bring in someone else who can play center, as Legursky and Pouncey are the only two centers on the roster.

"I'm going in there and battling to be a starter," Legursky said of his outlook.

Count Steeler
06-28-2011, 02:59 PM
Love the name, Legursky. Glad that he is in the B&G. Hope he gets a starting role in the near future.

KeiselPower99
06-29-2011, 08:27 PM
LEGURSKY!!!!!!!!

GBMelBlount
06-29-2011, 09:22 PM
I really like him a lot i kind of see him as the hoke of the Oline. I hope to see him to years to come in B&G

Great thought. Though nothing would make me happier than to see him reach his potential and earn a starting spot.

What I LOVE about Legursky is that although he may not be overflowing with natural talent, he is hard nosed, strong as hell and works his ass off in good 'ol Steelers fashion.

The Duke
06-29-2011, 11:22 PM
What I LOVE about Legursky is that although he may not be overflowing with natural talent, he is hard nosed, strong as hell and works his ass off in good 'ol Steelers fashion.

This

and it's an attitude I wish more players would emulate

Hope Legursky is with us for a long time. Starter or backup, he's simply a guy you've got to have on your roster