PDA

View Full Version : If You Really Think "The Fix Was In", Why Do You Even Watch Sports?

stillers4me
06-25-2011, 01:05 PM
I was at my local laundromat the morning of the Steelers' 2005 season opener when I overheard a couple of guys talking. They were discussing the Rooney family's involvement with horse racing. The one guy said to the other guy, "you ever notice how the Steelers of the 70's never won any of their Super Bowls as convincingly as they should have?" The man, of course, was insinuating that the Steelers could have and should have won each of their four Super Bowls by larger margins but didn't because the Rooneys wanted to earn a little more cash, if you know what I mean? Wow, I always knew the 70's Steelers were good, but I never realized they were so gosh-darn dominant. They were so good, they were able to control the margin of even their Super Bowl victories................

read more @ http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2011/6/24/2242951/if-you-really-think-the-fix-was-in-why-do-you-even-watch-sports#storyjump

Count Steeler
06-25-2011, 02:19 PM
This should be in the Comedy section.

fansince'76
06-25-2011, 02:33 PM
The one guy said to the other guy, "you ever notice how the Steelers of the 70's never won any of their Super Bowls as convincingly as they should have?" The man, of course, was insinuating that the Steelers could have and should have won each of their four Super Bowls by larger margins but didn't because the Rooneys wanted to earn a little more cash....

Yep, that certainly explains why the Rooneys are the poorest owners in the league, relatively speaking - it was all that point shaving they did back in the day. :coffee: