PDA

View Full Version : Secret Superstar: Emmanuel Sanders, Pittsburgh Steelers

stillers4me
06-25-2011, 05:28 AM
It was so close yet so far for the Steelers, ending one touchdown drive shy of their third Super Bowl championship since 2006. Though the season ended with Steelers players being ushered off the field as if they were strangers crashing a Packers party, it’s important to focus on the many positives of their season.
After a tumultuous offseason that saw the Steelers get rid of Santonio Holmes – their leading receiver from 2009 – and Ben Roethlisberger get suspended for the first four games of the year, the outlook for 2010 wasn’t promising. With the combined efforts of Dennis Dixon and Charlie Batch, however, the Steelers managed to win three of their first four games without Roethlisberger and after starting better than anyone though imaginable, they appeared as a team with the potential to be Super Bowl champions.

Pittsburgh finished the season with a 12-4 record and an AFC North championship behind strong play on both sides of the ball. Their run to the Superbowl saw them beat their rival Ravens in a slugfest and hold off a late charge by the Jets in the AFC championship game. Unfortunately for Steelers fans, the season would end 67 yards short of Lombardi trophy glory.

Though pain may remain, it’s time for the Steelers to focus on avoiding the Superbowl hangover that has prevented seven of the past ten Super Bowl runners-up from even making the playoffs. One player they will be relying on playing a greater role in their offensive attack is second-year receiver Emmanuel Sanders, the Steelers’ Secret Superstar............

Read more @ http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/04/19/secret-superstar-emmanuel-sanders-pittsburgh-steelers/

Galax Steeler
06-25-2011, 06:22 AM
I think Sanders is going to be a good receiver for us. I am really excited to see what our recveivers will do this year if Ben can get time to throw then it will be look out.

43Hitman
06-25-2011, 10:05 AM
I'm excited for this kid. Lets hope he keeps his head on his shoulders and continues to develop.

86WARD
06-25-2011, 10:06 AM
Same here...looking forward to seeing Sanders and Brown grow with Ward and mostly Wallace.

steeldevil
06-25-2011, 10:45 AM
Can't wait to see our young WRs develop further this season!!!

Count Steeler
06-25-2011, 11:01 AM
Sanders may be the one to fill the hole that will be left from Ward, when he retires. Looking forward to another good season from all the WR.