PDA

View Full Version : Burress a more likely option than Barber

stillers4me
06-21-2011, 06:39 PM
Tiki Barber, the former Pro Bowl running back who is coming out of retirement, has been linked to the Steelers.

But he may not even be the most likely former New York Giant to sign with the Steelers once the lockout ends.

Ben Roethlisberger has been in touch with Plaxico Burress since the latter was released from prison. And he sounds enamored with the idea of adding the one thing that is missing from the Steelers receiving corps: a rangy wideout that can actually catch..........

read more @ http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-the-press-box/2011/06/21/burress-a-more-likely-option-than-barber/

86WARD
06-21-2011, 07:06 PM
Definitely take Burress over Barber. There's about 50 running backs I'd take before I'd take Tiki. However, I'd take Tiki if you could guarantee I get Plax.

Psycho Ward 86
06-21-2011, 07:06 PM
in other news, im more likely to slide down rainbows with fairies than ride the beaches of Florida on a purple dinosaur

HometownGal
06-21-2011, 07:10 PM
in other news, im more likely to slide down rainbows with fairies than ride the beaches of Florida on a purple dinosaur

:lol: :applaudit: :lol:

Personally, I don't want either of them. The guys we have helped to get us to the Super Bowl last season and I'm quite satisfied with who we have.

ALLD
06-21-2011, 07:26 PM

That is a Salvador Dali.

86WARD
06-21-2011, 07:41 PM
You're insane if you think El is a better player to have on the team than Burress. Barber is a waste, but Burress >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> El.

zulater
06-21-2011, 09:15 PM
I'm sure Ben does want Burress, but Rooney or Colbert wont ever allow it.

SteelGhost
06-22-2011, 12:23 AM
Thanks but NO THANKS, lol

steelerdude15
06-22-2011, 01:11 AM
No thanks, I'm fine with the receivers we have now.

suitanim
06-22-2011, 08:19 AM
Barber has had his problems, but A) He's never spiked a live football in the middle of a play and B) He's never shot himself and C) been imprisoned for it.

Nadroj 20
06-22-2011, 09:20 AM
Plax is an upgrade over EL.

SteelerEmpire
06-22-2011, 09:52 AM
If the Steelers went after him, I say cut Sweed and bring in Burress. I would keep El.

Nadroj 20
06-22-2011, 09:56 AM
If the Steelers went after him, I say cut Sweed and bring in Burress. I would keep El.

Not a bad option either.

X-Terminator
06-22-2011, 10:22 AM
I don't understand why some fans insist on the Steelers bringing in certain guys who have been known to be locker room headaches. Let Burress go somewhere else, and leave the dynamic of the locker room alone. As HTG said, the Steelers got to the Super Bowl with the guys they have now. Why fix what isn't broken?

SteelerSal
06-22-2011, 10:33 AM
I don't understand why some fans insist on the Steelers bringing in certain guys who have been known to be locker room headaches. Let Burress go somewhere else, and leave the dynamic of the locker room alone. As HTG said, the Steelers got to the Super Bowl with the guys they have now. Why fix what isn't broken?

:amen: I'd like to add that most of us have been wanting to see more touches from Sanders and Brown...add Burress and you take away from both of these guys...same goes for adding Barber, takes away from Redman and Dwyer. I would love to see what Batch has to offer and I'd personally would rather give him the reps over Barber also.

Heck both players on topic have been out of football for a combined six years....alot of cobwebs there.

oneforthetoe
06-22-2011, 11:15 AM
I don't see why we need another receiver when we have SWEEEEEEEEEED :grin:

HometownGal
06-22-2011, 01:44 PM
Heck both players on topic have been out of football for a combined six years....alot of cobwebs there.

Spot on. :applaudit:

pepsyman1
06-22-2011, 04:39 PM
Barber has had his problems, but A) He's never spiked a live football in the middle of a play and B) He's never shot himself and C) been imprisoned for it.

LMAO... Now THAT is entertainment!

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Nadroj 20
06-22-2011, 05:03 PM
Almost everytime there is a new player mentioned about possibly joining the steelers all I see is no no no.

Why not give people a chance??

SteelerSal
06-22-2011, 05:05 PM
Almost everytime there is a new player mentioned about possibly joining the steelers all I see is no no no.

Why not give people a chance??

NO NO NO!!!! :lol:

Nadroj 20
06-22-2011, 05:15 PM
NO NO NO!!!! :lol:

:lol: WHY SAL??

I mean its all good, we all have our own opinions but I see it a lot.

I actually want Reggie Bush more then these two (not that I want these two very bad or anything) but people are screaming NO to him. Do we honestly think we can't get any better?

tube517
06-22-2011, 08:34 PM
Brett Favre has been rumored to a comeback with Pittsburgh.

Huey Richardson, Jamain Stephens, Bruce Davis, and Alonzo Jackson will also be invited back.

Craic
06-22-2011, 09:07 PM
IMO, the truth of the matter is that their vet salaries, even at minimum, out prices both of them. Who would you rather take a flyer on? Assuming that vet minimums stay relative close to the same, and that Burress signs for that (a MAJOR assumption), would your rather have 820K (as of 4 years ago, I think it's quite a bit higher now) locked up in Burress, or half that locked up in two or three rookies vying for the last spot on the roster? Because there is no way I'd want to replace our top three WR's right now.