PDA

View Full Version : Burress in B & G?

Devilsdancefloor
06-21-2011, 01:51 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Report-Steelers-want-Burress-back;_ylt=AgGbRUWfP01V3FmpajcmxSxDubYF?urn=nfl-wp2777

is the lockout over yet?

SteelerSal
06-21-2011, 01:57 PM
According to Gerry Dulac, who covers the Steelers for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the Steelers would like to put the unholy Ward/Burress/Wallace threesome together. Here's the tweet:

#Steelers coaches are interested in Burress but depends on price. They would release randle el to make room.

That's a nice little poke to the ego of Antwaan Randle-El: Sight unseen, the Steelers are willing to cast him aside for a guy who spent the last 21 months telling Goldmouth he can't have his cornbread.

LMAO!! :lol:

Pristas
06-21-2011, 02:20 PM
I'd welcome Plax back. They say that "Old Man Rooney is Rolling over in his grave", but the truth is, he'd be rolling over if we didn't give people second chances. Especially people who have paid dearly for their wrongs, know the Steeler's system and are talented beyond belief.

salamander
06-21-2011, 02:52 PM
IF he can prove that he has redeemed himself and can stay out of trouble and we can get him at the right price, why not? If he can still play then I'd be for it. I know it would go against what the Steelers normally do with free agents but anything that helps the team.

HometownGal
06-21-2011, 04:41 PM
No thank you to Plex. I'm all for second chances in life but let him have his second chance somewhere else. I'm very happy with the WR unit we currently have.

Count Steeler
06-21-2011, 04:43 PM
Burress, Barber perhaps would love to come play for the next Super Bowl champs, but I would think they have 2 chances to make this team, slim and none and I believe slim has left town. Seriously, lets get the CBA done and get back to real football. Have to continue to develop the kids. Dwyer needs some reps in the backfield and the WR are already in good standing. Just hope Sweed can find a roster spot.

SteelerEmpire
06-21-2011, 05:00 PM
Boy. This is getting more exciting every day... so many players may be wanting to become Steelers. Gonna be a short time to try out though if the lockout ends within the next couple weeks... exciting.

oneforthetoe
06-21-2011, 05:26 PM
No thank you to Plex. I'm all for second chances in life but let him have his second chance somewhere else. I'm very happy with the WR unit we currently have.

We disagree to an extent on a certain hockey player, but with this one I agree 100%. WR is not a position of concern. Pass.

ALLD
06-21-2011, 06:22 PM
Plax looks like a jailbird.

86WARD
06-21-2011, 07:02 PM
Would absolutely LOVE IT. Bye bye El. The height and targets Ben would have to work with would be sick. Burress and Wallace on the outside. Ward, Sanders and Brown inside. Look out. It wouldn't take long for Burress and Ben to gel. If Burress can get into football shape and knock the rust off...he'd be sick in a Steelers uniform. Definitely an upgrade over El.

Count Steeler
06-22-2011, 05:07 AM
Would absolutely LOVE IT. Bye bye El.

But who is going to fair catch? No one does it quite like El.

86WARD
06-22-2011, 06:34 AM
good point...

polamalubeast
06-22-2011, 08:17 AM

Limas Sweed

EDIT::sarcasm2:

suitanim
06-22-2011, 08:37 AM
We forgot about another high-character former Giant: Why don't we invite Lawrence Taylor into camp, too, while were at it?

fansince'76
06-22-2011, 10:21 AM
Limas Sweed

Burress is just as adept at alligator-arming otherwise sure TD catches in conference championship games. Besides, I thought Pittsburgh was too "racist" for him.

Count Steeler
06-22-2011, 04:44 PM
Limas Sweed

The key part of the phrase is "catch".

tube517
06-22-2011, 08:37 PM

:rofl2:

He is "Mr. Fair Catch" thank you very much.

86WARD
06-24-2011, 01:08 PM
We forgot about another high-character former Giant: Why don't we invite Lawrence Taylor into camp, too, while were at it?

I'd take him before I take Tiki. Since when is Burress such a character problem? Lol...Shooting himself in the leg...which is only a big deal in NY...what else?

knucklehead
06-24-2011, 02:24 PM
I would love to see Plaxicio back in Black and Gold oppisite wallace.Big Ben could just close his eyes and throw the pigskin as far as he can.It's time Pittsburgh had that kind of deep intimidation.

fansince'76
06-24-2011, 02:39 PM
I'd take him before I take Tiki. Since when is Burress such a character problem? Lol...Shooting himself in the leg...which is only a big deal in NY...what else?

How many times was he fined by the Giants for being late to meetings, falling asleep in meetings, or just simply not showing up at all? 50? 60? Then there's this little gem:

For five years, it seemed like Steelers fans had a love-hate relationship with Burress. But why? He thinks he has the answer.

Burress: "You've got to admit, I was never really liked in that city. I mean, I don't think I was liked as a person. I was kind of seen as a black kid, young African-American, cornrows, drives fancy cars, wears diamond earrings, things like that. They just kind of based their perception off of what I drove and what I did and things like that. All those things were never a part of any other player on that team but me."

Now, Plax is in the Big Apple. He says he feels right at home.

Burress: "I'm over here in New York, happy. I fit New York more than what I fit Pittsburgh. Nobody's worrying about my big truck or my Rolls-Royce or what I have on. That makes me feel good. People just accept me how I am instead of looking at me and judging me."http://www.wtae.com/r/4872563/detail.html

A few more examples of his "high character":

Burress has had restraining orders placed against him due to domestic disturbances in the past, and numerous other legal issues. In 2009, Burress was the defendant in a lawsuit brought against him by a Lebanon County, PA, car dealer who claimed that Burress took a leased Chevy Avalanche in return for promises of public appearances. Burress allegedly never returned the vehicle, nor did he do public events for the dealership. After the vehicle was wrecked and impounded by police in New York City, Burress appeared in court and admitted responsibility for some damage to the vehicle. A jury was required to determine his liability, and on January 15, 2009, they handed down a verdict which awarded the dealer $1,700. Burress was involved in a civil lawsuit in Broward County, Florida, where a woman claimed he crashed his Mercedes-Benz into the rear of her vehicle. The suit was filed in December of 2008. Burress hadn't paid his car insurance premiums and was un-insured as of three days prior to the accident. Since joining the NFL, Burress has been sued a shocking nine times. His self-inflicted gunshot wound with a handgun he'd tucked into the waistband of his pants simply added icing to a cookie that was all ready crumbling.http://www.prosportsgroup.com/Sports_Agent_News/Why+the+Steelers+should+keep+former+receiver+Plaxi co+Burress+in+their+rear+view

Hell, we traded away a SB MVP for basically a six pack of beer for less than all that.

Let him go back to NY (or anywhere else), I say.

HometownGal
06-24-2011, 03:45 PM
How many times was he fined by the Giants for being late to meetings, falling asleep in meetings, or just simply not showing up at all? 50? 60? Then there's this little gem:

http://www.wtae.com/r/4872563/detail.html

http://www.prosportsgroup.com/Sports_Agent_News/Why+the+Steelers+should+keep+former+receiver+Plaxi co+Burress+in+their+rear+view

Hell, we traded away a SB MVP for basically a six pack of beer for less than all that.

He's a real piece of work and I couldn't agree more - let his overinflated head fly him to any city but Pittsburgh. Like a couple of other former Pittsburgh athletes, he set fire to the bridge and burned it completely down with me.

Craic
06-24-2011, 04:31 PM

http://www.prosportsgroup.com/Sports_Agent_News/Why+the+Steelers+should+keep+former+receiver+Plaxi co+Burress+in+their+rear+view

He's a real piece of work and I couldn't agree more - let his overinflated head fly him to any city but Pittsburgh. Like a couple of other former Pittsburgh athletes, he set fire to the bridge and burned it completely down with me.

The problem with posts like these. . .

Is that I now have nothing to add, except that I completely agree.

st33lersguy
06-24-2011, 07:09 PM
No thank you

Shoes
06-24-2011, 07:20 PM
Not going to happen.......

86WARD
06-25-2011, 10:13 AM

Every player pretty much has that problem with Coughlin...lol. I mean look at the guys in Jacksonville, same issue. You post all "this" about Burress' character yet he hasn't been accused of beating his girlfriend wife, hasn't been accused of rape once or twice, hasn't been in any bar fights, hasn't filed for bankruptcy...I mean seriously, you're going to call him a "character problem" with what is and has been on the Steelers roster? That stuff...mild compared to what is on the current roster alone.

Glass Houses.

I'd take him in a second over ARE...he'd instantly help this team more than El would...if you don't think he would, you're drinking too much Kool-Aid.