PDA

View Full Version : Talkin' Ball: LaMarr Woodley

polamalubeast
06-16-2011, 10:00 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/09000d5d8204d11b/Talkin-Ball-LaMarr-Woodley?module=HP_video

zulater
06-18-2011, 12:24 PM
There's a little piece in this month's ESPN magazine about LaMarr new workout regime to improve his core strength. He's working with Ed Downs a fifth degree blackbelt who consulted with the Navy Seals with their conditioning in the past. Anyway according to Mr Downs LaMarr's "torque force wasn't that good" when he first started working with Woodley in April, he further elaborated, "He'd been focusing on brute strength, but now he'll have his hips under him when he sticks someone."

The story is illustrated with pictures of LaMarr working out with inflatable balance disks while doing one handed push ups, makes me tired just looking at it. :chuckle: Anyway LaMarr's been so impressed with his results to date that he wants to introduce this method to his teammates. Mr downs predicts that based on his clients improvement, "he's going to be scary this season."

Can't link it, sorry.

Anyway for those that questioned the Steelers keeping LaMarr, I think his dedication to task is one of the reasons they tagged him over Ike.

Don't get me wrong, that's no knock on Ike who's equally commited, but if you've got two players, one has been very good but is getting old, and the other is just coming into his prime and looks to be a budding All Pro, you keep the younger guy.