PDA

View Full Version : Vancouver Canuck Fans Riot after loss

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-16-2011, 12:49 PM
I thought Seahawk fans and Cardinal fans were sore losers.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YllDi5IjJuk&feature=related

SteelerSal
06-16-2011, 01:01 PM
What a waste of a perfectly good sofa. :lol:

At like the 3:30 mark it shows some idiots beating up an overturned Smart car...well equivalent in size. Ohhhh....tough guys. LMAO!

X-Terminator
06-16-2011, 01:07 PM
Apparently this was going to happen whether the Canucks won or not. Real nice fans up there. Now I'm actually glad Boston won, because wastes of human skin like them don't deserve a championship.

HometownGal
06-16-2011, 02:18 PM
Apparently this was going to happen whether the Canucks won or not. Real nice fans up there. Now I'm actually glad Boston won, because wastes of human skin like them don't deserve a championship.

I agree that the Canucks fans don't deserve jack shit but neither do those arrogant beanheads in Baahston. :upyours:

What a bunch of ass weasels. :doh:

st33lersguy
06-16-2011, 02:19 PM
These losers should calm down, it is a hockey game not life or death

oneforthetoe
06-16-2011, 02:37 PM
I got this pic from SteelCityMan786's link in the Pens' thread.

This is classic.

10 years from now: "Mommy, where did I come from?" Or, even better, what happens when that kid is looking at pictures of the 2011 NHL Vancouver Riot because of the recent 2028 riot precipitated by the Vancouver loss in game 7 to the Pens, and he/she stumbles across a this picture of their parents?

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/4957990.bin?size=620x400

There seems to be some information that this picture is photo shopped. And that, in fact, the women is Megan Fox. Oh well, black panties are still black panties.:)

oneforthetoe
06-16-2011, 03:31 PM
On a more serious note, idiot riots can happen anywhere. So, I'm not going to pretend this couldn't happen in Pittsburgh or any other American city. However, I'm stunned at how unprepared Vancouver seemed to be, especially considering its history. Were their the appeals shown on TV from the home teams stars, before the game, for fans to act responsibly? Those may not stop the professional rioters, but it might have an effect on those who stand around egging them on. And that is an issue, because if you get rid if the "eggers-on" the police can then move in against the real malcontents.

Also, it didn't seem like they had much control over the number of people in the fan-zones, or had much of a police presence early enough in those zones. I don't know maybe they did. It is not an easy situation for law enforcement. In the USA we are much more "law and order." Therefore, our police agencies probably have much more latitude to crack down on the "idiot boy" factions.

The scary thing is that a terrorist group could take advantage of such chaos very easily. One would hate to think that families would be afraid to take their kids to a professional sporting event.

Count Steeler
06-16-2011, 04:40 PM
Shame on Vancouver. Maybe they got complacent after the Olympics last year, but that is a poor display of sportsmanship and poor planning by the Vancouver police. They should have had more cops ready to go.

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-16-2011, 06:40 PM
Vancouver was prepared for this. The cops contained it to a focal area of the city. The problem is that if you have 100,000 fans on the street and 2% of them are doing this in the middle of a mob of people, then its tough to weed them out.

Ray Ferraro lives in vancouver and was on Jim Rome today.....gave a good account of it.

Vancouver is a city of haves and have nots. It was just a good excuse for the poor heroin junkies to do some looting.

HometownGal
06-16-2011, 07:38 PM
On a more serious note, idiot riots can happen anywhere. So, I'm not going to pretend this couldn't happen in Pittsburgh or any other American city.

We lost last year's Super Bowl and there were only a couple of minor incidents and a dozen or two arrests, mainly drunks. These morons in Vancouver need to get lives and realize that losing in a championship game really isn't the end of the world and life really does go on. :doh: EH???????? :heh:

memphissteelergirl
06-16-2011, 08:25 PM
Funny....I live in a city that's perceived to be one of the most violent in America, and yet when the Grizzlies lost to OKC in the NBA playoffs, there was not one single related incident (and we LOVE our basketball here). And yet in Vancouver, a city that is supposed to be soooo "cosmopolitan", people act like they don't have the good sense the Good Lord gave a goose.

Dang...it's a frikken hockey game! Get a life, Vancouver!

oneforthetoe
06-17-2011, 01:29 AM
We lost last year's Super Bowl and there were only a couple of minor incidents and a dozen or two arrests, mainly drunks. These morons in Vancouver need to get lives and realize that losing in a championship game really isn't the end of the world and life really does go on. :doh: EH???????? :heh:

I don't disagree that it is less likely to happen in the burgh than many other places. For one thing, I don't think the Pittsburgh area has that young anarchist demo (some of whom probably are Canucks fans) that seems to be prevalent in Vancouver. If you look at the pictures there seemed to be some young trouble makers who were all prepared for rioting, with surgical masks for the tear gas apparently on hand. It seemed to me like they had a similar modus operandi to many of the rioters at a G8 or G20 summit. I'm not denying that there were regular Canucks' fans rioting. To the contrary, I bet when they identify some of these idiots they are going to find some school teachers, off-duty police officers and other professionals. I'm just saying that anarchist element seemed to stoke the flames.

However, given the right circumstances, I still believe it could happen in any city because while Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life (thank you Dean Wormer) it certainly describes a lot of us.

oneforthetoe
06-17-2011, 01:39 AM
Vancouver was prepared for this. The cops contained it to a focal area of the city. The problem is that if you have 100,000 fans on the street and 2% of them are doing this in the middle of a mob of people, then its tough to weed them out.

Ray Ferraro lives in vancouver and was on Jim Rome today.....gave a good account of it.

Vancouver is a city of haves and have nots. It was just a good excuse for the poor heroin junkies to do some looting.

I think part of being prepared is knowing how many people you can handle in one place. Obviously 100,000 is not the number.

steelerdude15
06-17-2011, 02:07 AM
This happened the last time they lost the Stanley Cup against the Rangers in '94.

fansince'76
06-17-2011, 01:22 PM
I thought Seahawk fans and Cardinal fans were sore losers.......

Wonder if the Canucks fans will be whining and crying years down the road that the Bruins "payed" the refs too.

oneforthetoe
06-17-2011, 02:22 PM
Wonder if the Canucks fans will be whining and crying years down the road that the Bruins "payed" the refs too.

In 2026 the cryhawks will be 50 years old. I'm actually expecting the Super Bowl loss to the Steelers to be the center piece of the celebration . The football gods are not going to let Seattle win an actual Super Bowl because there is no crying in football. So the highlight of their, mostly pathetic existence, will be the Super Bowl "the refs screwed them out of.":sofunny:

Chidi29
06-17-2011, 02:32 PM
I got this pic from SteelCityMan786's link in the Pens' thread.

This is classic.

10 years from now: "Mommy, where did I come from?" Or, even better, what happens when that kid is looking at pictures of the 2011 NHL Vancouver Riot because of the recent 2028 riot precipitated by the Vancouver loss in game 7 to the Pens, and he/she stumbles across a this picture of their parents?

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/4957990.bin?size=620x400

There seems to be some information that this picture is photo shopped. And that, in fact, the women is Megan Fox. Oh well, black panties are still black panties.:)

This article says it's real and identified the couple in the picture.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/The-identity-of-Vancouver-8217-s-famous-kissing?urn=nhl-wp7436

oneforthetoe
06-17-2011, 02:41 PM
This article says it's real and identified the couple in the picture.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/The-identity-of-Vancouver-8217-s-famous-kissing?urn=nhl-wp7436

Yea thanks I did see that. They claim in the article that she was injured and he was just "helping her." Really? I need to learn me how to do first aid.

"Excuse me miss ... I'll help you. Why yes .... it is a new technique, but recent research suggests that the breasts are in fact the best place to feel for a pulse.":)

Chidi29
06-17-2011, 03:19 PM
Yea thanks I did see that. They claim in the article that she was injured and he was just "helping her." Really? I need to learn me how to do first aid.

"Excuse me miss ... I'll help you. Why yes .... it is a new technique, but recent research suggests that the breasts are in fact the best place to feel for a pulse.":)

That's what always happens on TV. That situation makes up 95% of Grey's Anatomy.

oneforthetoe
06-17-2011, 04:19 PM
That's what always happens on TV. That situation makes up 95% of Grey's Anatomy.

I used to like" E.R." back in the day with the original cast. "Greys Anatomy" is a soap opera set in a hospital. They need to do a new modern version of "Emergency." I loved that show as a kid.

touchdownward
06-18-2011, 08:50 AM
I used to like" E.R." back in the day with the original cast. "Greys Anatomy" is a soap opera set in a hospital. They need to do a new modern version of "Emergency." I loved that show as a kid.
I loved Emergency when I was a kid, I even had the Emergency board game. If you get netflix, you can watch the Emergency episodes instantly on your computer. I've watched quite a few. Just a heads up.

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-18-2011, 09:12 AM
I loved Emergency when I was a kid, I even had the Emergency board game. If you get netflix, you can watch the Emergency episodes instantly on your computer. I've watched quite a few. Just a heads up.
Sweet...I'm gonna start an IV with ringers after hearing that and maybe see if Adam12 is responding to a 211 in progress.

oneforthetoe
06-18-2011, 02:30 PM

I had that board game as well. Thinking back the that show seemed so high tech, with the portable phone the paramedics used to talk to the hospital. And then the ticker tape with the EKG reading (or what ever it was) was like modern marvel stuff.

oneforthetoe
06-20-2011, 12:17 PM
Riot kissers hire agent to handle fame

The couple caught kissing by a photographer during the Vancouver Stanley Cup riot have hired an agent and are heading to Australia to kickstart a comedy career. ......Jones and Thomas were already planning to head Down Under to work before they were caught up in the riot .......

http://www.cbc.ca/news/offbeat/story/2011/06/20/bc-kissing-couple-agent.html

What a fortunate coincidence that they just happened to get caught kissing in the street.

Welcome to 2011. If this post gets more that two responses, I am going to hire an agent and move to "St. Thomas."