PDA

View Full Version : Surveying the NFL Free Agent Landscape

stillers4me
06-14-2011, 05:36 AM
By now it’s no secret that the Steelers need to make a strong push to resign Ike Taylor, and depending on how the new CBA works out they may also need to worry about resigning LaMarr Woodley and Willie Colon too. But I’m not here to talk about that. Those issues have been talked about to death. This also won’t be an argument in favor of why the Steelers should sign former Oakland Raiders cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha. Well all know that’s never going to happen. The Steelers don’t shell out big bucks on high-priced free agents, it’s just not their style, but they do sign the occasional free agent to fill out the roster, especially ones they think may contribute as starters at some point.

Looking over the free agent landscape, and comparing it to the Steelers needs, I can see three realistic possibilities that they should consider depending on how everything shakes out. Below the jump I’ll deluge into breaking down the need and the player I think could fit in well...................

read more @ http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2011/6/13/2209304/nfl-lockout-free-agency-pittsburgh-steelers-carlos-rogers-alan-branch-derrick-dockery#storyjump

BnG_Hevn
06-14-2011, 11:41 AM
I'm not an English / grammar teacher or writer, but you can bet your arse that if I were to write something for the masses to see I'd have sense enough to make sure the verbiage is correct.

"... strong push to resign Ike Taylor ..." - "resign"??? How many brain cells does it take to realize you need a hyphen in there?