PDA

View Full Version : Best Buy hooks up PNC Park and Consol Center

BPS3akaWirels3
06-10-2011, 09:33 PM
'Tech' Me Out to the Ballgame

The song "Take me out to the ballgame" has taken on a whole new meaning for Best Buy For Business (BBFB) and Geek Squad. Over the years, Best Buy has "tech'd out" more than 10 ballparks/stadiums/arenas around the country - the most recent being the Pittsburgh Pirates' PNC Park.

BBFB and Geek Squad played a major role during PNC Park's stadium technology refresh of 100 televisions in the main concourse and public viewing areas of the stadium. BBFB provided the LCD flat-panel TVs and mounting hardware, while the service (taking down 126 tube TVs and installing more than 100 new flat-panel TVS) and TV integration was handled by the pros at Geek Squad USO 1812. The project was on an aggressive schedule and required long shifts in frigid and wet weather conditions. Plus there was a lot of collaboration with outside vendors who were also working on the project. But thanks to the team's flexibility, everything was ready to roll prior to opening day in early April.

One highlight of the project was BBFB engineering a specialized peerless outdoor enclosure that was customer adapted to an existing mount infrastructure at the ballpark. Despite the tight timeframe, the project paid off by creating some serious high margin biz for Best Buy along with a lasting relationship with the Pirates (who recognized Best Buy as vendor of record). That's what we're talking about when we say, "Go B2B!"

Next time you're at any of the following ballparks or stadiums, take a look at the technology and know that Best Buy played a role in bringing the game closer to fans:

•Target Field (home of the Minnesota Twins)
•TCF Bank Stadium (University of Minnesota)
•Fenway Park (Boston Red Sox)
•Progressive Field (Cleveland Indians)
•Consol Energy Center (Pittsburgh Penguins)
•Sun Life Stadium (Miami Dolphins)
•RBC Center (Carolina Hurricanes)
•Edward Jones Dome (St. Louis Rams)
•Rice Eccles Football Stadium (University of Utah)
•Duluth Entertainment Convention Center (Duluth, MN)

That's my company.. Yeah!!