PDA

View Full Version : Woodley: Flacco's Ravens won't go to Super Bowl 'in this lifetime'

SteelerSal
06-10-2011, 06:09 AM
Steelers OLB LaMarr Woodley is becoming a man more than willing to share his opinions. He aired a few more regarding his AFC North competition on Thursday night's NFL Total Access on NFL Network and was particularly pointed about Pittsburgh's archrivals.

Asked if Ravens QB Joe Flacco can lead Baltimore to the Super Bowl, Woodley responded: read more. (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/06/steelers-olb-lamarr-woodley-joe-flaccos-ravens-wont-go-to-super-bowl-in-this-lifetime/1?csp=34)

SteelerEmpire
06-10-2011, 06:49 AM
Tell it like it is...

43Hitman
06-10-2011, 07:12 AM
oh snap. Woodley seems to be channeling his inner Porter here of late. lol

X-Terminator
06-10-2011, 07:14 AM
Well, this is bound to get the Ravens fired up, but I really don't care. They've had no problem talking smack about the Steelers (I'm looking at you, Terrelle Suggs), so they'll take their medicine and like it.

HometownGal
06-10-2011, 07:18 AM
Personally, I think Flacid is a decent QB but until the Rats can get Ben and the Steelers out of their heads and actually beat them, all they are going to win is a free trip to their sofas to watch the Steelers in the playoffs and hopefully the Super Bowl.

Edman
06-10-2011, 07:27 AM
The Ravens have no problem telling us all the time how much the Steelers suck, how supposedly inferior and less talented than they are and how they "outplay us" (Harbaugh, Suggs, Ownership, this offseason) even though we've been beating them for years. So what's the difference?

That said, Flacco has his flaws, but he's a decent QB and should not be underestimated. Don't count him out of anything.

The Duke
06-10-2011, 10:42 AM
While Flacco can't seem to beat ben, I think the real problem with that team is Harbaugh. Until that man starts displaying some accountability for their losses instead of always finding an excuse, Flacco won't flourish enough for them to win the super bowl, let alone beat the steelers with Ben playing

fansince'76
06-10-2011, 10:50 AM
http://www.pittsburghmagazine.com/Best-of-the-Burgh-Blogs/Pulling-No-Punches/January-2011/The-Supreme-Hater-039s-Guide-to-the-Baltimore-Ravens-Playoff-Edition/Baltimore-Ravens-head-coach-John-Harbaugh-leads-his-team-against-the-the-Washington-Redskins-in-Baltimore.jpg

B-b-b-but we've got it all figured out!

:chuckle:

ALLD
06-10-2011, 01:23 PM
+1 Harbaugh should be more disliked by everybody not a Rat fan than James Harrison as a Steeler. Harbaugh is a douche' bag.

st33lersguy
06-10-2011, 03:16 PM
Flacco seems like another Niel O Donnell, relies on his supporting cast to get to the playoffs but incapable of making plays in the clutch and winning a Super Bowl

tube517
06-10-2011, 04:51 PM
Flaccid + Harbaugh = A crybaby Bert from Sesame Street

SteelerEmpire
06-10-2011, 05:09 PM
Well, this is bound to get the Ravens fired up, but I really don't care. They've had no problem talking smack about the Steelers (I'm looking at you, Terrelle Suggs), so they'll take their medicine and like it.

Yep. Woodley was successful in pushing their buttons.... he he... LINK: http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2011/06/10/late-for-work-610-woodley-flacco-wont-win-super-bowl-in-this-lifetime/

salamander
06-10-2011, 05:11 PM
Uh-oh, the Ravens fans are getting agitated. Better hide the children! :toofunny:

polamalubeast
06-10-2011, 05:33 PM
JohnJohnson

Pro Bowler

.Group:
Members Posts:
1,247 Joined:
09-December 09 Posted Today, 11:26 AM

This is such an absurd claim, because Woodley presumes that the Ravens will always have to beat the Steelers in the playoffs. We didn't in 2000. The Steelers weren't even IN the playoffs in 2009, the Colts ended that journey for us. And we split with them last season, and should have been the #2 seed if it wasn't for Steve Johnson dropping that TD pass in OT and the ref from Pittsburgh handing the Steelers a big, fat, gift wrapped win in Miami.

JO_75

Hall of Famer

.Group:
Members Posts:
6,642 Joined:
12-October 08 Gender:Male Location:Concord, North Carolina Posted Today, 01:21 PM

Reality Check for Woodley:

1. If Cam doesn't get conservative and keeps scoring points, Ravens beat the Steelers in the Divisional Round and host the AFC Title Game.

2. Joe Flacco has done something Ben can NEVER say, Joe has led the Ravens to the Playoffs in every year he has been in the NFL, and it will be 4 straight this season.

3. If the Steelers let Ike Taylor go, it won't matter what he does in Week 1 because their secondary be will be even more vulnerable and it could get worst than what Tom Brady & Aaron Rodgers did to the Steelers defense last year.

4. To think Ben has led the Steelers to the Super Bowl is an under statement, it all has been the Steelers defense so that's another thing Joe has done that Ben hasn't. At least Joe has been able to lead the Ravens to the playoffs and playoff victories by himself.

read more

http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/topic/37103-lamarr-woodley-quote/

polamalubeast
06-10-2011, 05:42 PM
ellicottvaWoodley is blowing smoke and he knows it. When you are scared you show great bravado to conceal your fear. The Steelers are clearly intimidated by the Ravens, although they have been lucky to play against some inexperienced signal callers and gotten lucky with small margin victories. Well, with Flacco into his fourth year and the reins being taken off him much like Ben RBurger, he will excel because he has more arm than Ben will ever have and clearly he now has weapons that can grow with him!

read more

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/28452/woodley-flacco-wont-win-a-super-bowl

HometownGal
06-10-2011, 05:55 PM
OMFG - this one made me laugh so hard I thought my shorts would never dry! :lol: :rofl: :lol:

2. Joe Flacco has done something Ben can NEVER say, Joe has led the Ravens to the Playoffs in every year he has been in the NFL, and it will be 4 straight this season.

And how many AFC Championship wins and Super Bowl rings does Flacid have again? :doh: :der:

Ben has done something that Flacid has never done - - trimmed his eyebrows.

fansince'76
06-10-2011, 06:08 PM
If the Steelers let Ike Taylor go, it won't matter what he does in Week 1 because their secondary be will be even more vulnerable and it could get worst than what Tom Brady & Aaron Rodgers did to the Steelers defense last year.You mean like getting absolutely burnt by a rookie WR on 3rd-and-19 with an entire season on the line? :coffee:

At least Joe has been able to lead the Ravens to the playoffs and playoff victories by himself.Like his awesome 4-10 for 34 yards and 1-INT performance in a playoff game blowout win against the the Pats in '09, I presume? :rolleyes:

Go back to spanking it to your Joe Flacco fathead already. :coffee:

steeldevil
06-10-2011, 06:10 PM
JohnJohnson

Pro Bowler

.Group:
Members Posts:
1,247 Joined:

This is such an absurd claim, because Woodley presumes that the Ravens will always have to beat the Steelers in the playoffs. We didn't in 2000. The Steelers weren't even IN the playoffs in 2009, the Colts ended that journey for us. And we split with them last season, and should have been the #2 seed if it wasn't for Steve Johnson dropping that TD pass in OT and the ref from Pittsburgh handing the Steelers a big, fat, gift wrapped win in Miami.

JO_75

Hall of Famer

.Group:
Members Posts:
6,642 Joined:
12-October 08 Gender:Male Location:Concord, North Carolina Posted Today, 01:21 PM

1. If Cam doesn't get conservative and keeps scoring points, Ravens beat the Steelers in the Divisional Round and host the AFC Title Game.

3. If the Steelers let Ike Taylor go, it won't matter what he does in Week 1 because their secondary be will be even more vulnerable and it could get worst than what Tom Brady & Aaron Rodgers did to the Steelers defense last year.

4. To think Ben has led the Steelers to the Super Bowl is an under statement, it all has been the Steelers defense so that's another thing Joe has done that Ben hasn't. At least Joe has been able to lead the Ravens to the playoffs and playoff victories by himself.

read more

There are Ravens fans in NC? That's news to me. I have only ever encountered ONE. And it was a girl....(No offense to our lovely SU ladies :grin:)

fansince'76
06-10-2011, 06:25 PM
And we split with them last season, and should have been the #2 seed if it wasn't for Steve Johnson dropping that TD pass in OT and the ref from Pittsburgh handing the Steelers a big, fat, gift wrapped win in Miami.

If, if, if. And if my aunt had a Johnson she'd be my uncle. Seems to me they could've gotten the 2 seed by simply manning up and winning the second game at home instead of stepping on their own peckers in crunch time again. Gotta love all the excuse making. Harbaugh is the perfect HC for them. :coffee:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T6tJIcV4m4

HometownGal
06-10-2011, 06:40 PM
http://www.penguinpride.com/i08/CryingRavensFan.jpg

SteelerEmpire
06-10-2011, 06:44 PM
If, if, if. And if my aunt had a Johnson she'd be my uncle. Seems to me they could've gotten the 2 seed by simply manning up and winning the second game at home instead of stepping on their own peckers in crunch time again. Gotta love all the excuse making. Harbaugh is the perfect HC for them. :coffee:

Wow I love that play ! As the Ravens say: Priceless ! Do you guys realize that pre-season kick off is supposed to be 'less than' 2 months away !!!

Edman
06-10-2011, 06:48 PM
The Ravens fans reactions are absolutely hilarious. Nothing but excuses for coming up small.

SteelerEmpire
06-10-2011, 06:52 PM
Wow I love that play ! As the Ravens say: Priceless ! Do you guys realize that pre-season kick off is supposed to be 'less than' 2 months away !!! (i say that with a nervous tone).

fansince'76
06-10-2011, 06:54 PM
When you are scared you show great bravado to conceal your fear.Wow, pot, kettle. Missed this gem before. :lol:

Speaking of which....

http://insidecharmcity.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/suggsshirt.jpg

Edman
06-10-2011, 07:10 PM
<i>If Cam doesn't get conservative and keeps scoring points, Ravens beat the Steelers in the Divisional Round and host the AFC Title Game</i>

Or...if the unflappable Flacco doesn't shit his pants.
Or...if Ben Roethlisberger doesn't carve up your defense.
Or...if your secondary was worth anything.
Or...Boldin and Housh didn't suck.

<i>Joe Flacco has done something Ben can NEVER say, Joe has led the Ravens to the Playoffs in every year he has been in the NFL, and it will be 4 straight this season.</i>

Wow, just lol. Talk about low standards.

<i>If the Steelers let Ike Taylor go, it won't matter what he does in Week 1 because their secondary be will be even more vulnerable and it could get worst than what Tom Brady & Aaron Rodgers did to the Steelers defense last year.</i>

Yeah, falling on what other teams have done against the Steelers, not what the Ravens do to them.

<i>To think Ben has led the Steelers to the Super Bowl is an under statement, it all has been the Steelers defense so that's another thing Joe has done that Ben hasn't. At least Joe has been able to lead the Ravens to the playoffs and playoff victories by himself.</i>

Baltimore is reaching Cleveland levels of delusion, huh?

Because it wasn't like Flacco went 4-10 in that playoff win against New England and not Ray Rice and Defense doing anything. Flacco won a QB duel with Tom Brady in that game totally.

Oh, the Ravens losing to the Colts a week after. That was an illusion. Flacco certainly wasn't useless in that game either.

BigNastyDefense
06-10-2011, 09:43 PM
While there are worse quarterbacks in the NFL than Flacco....he doesn't even make my top 10.

My top 10 in no particular order:

1. Ben Roethlisberger
2. Aaron Rogers
3. Peyton Manning
4. Drew Brees
5. Matt Ryan
6. Tony Romo
7. Matt Shuab
8. Phillip Rivers
9. Michael Vick
10. Tom Brady

Not to mention, as long as Troy Polamalu is playing defensive back for the Steelers, he will put an end to any Ravens-Steelers playoff game that is close.

Joe Flacco checks under his bed for LaMarr Woodley and his closet for James Harrison before he goes to bed. Then when he finally falls asleep, he has nightmares about Troy Polamalu.

Count Steeler
06-10-2011, 10:19 PM
Time to rebuild Ratbirds. Lewis will retire soon and Flacco just does not have "IT".

steeldawg
06-11-2011, 02:26 AM
JohnJohnson

Pro Bowler

.Group:
Members Posts:
1,247 Joined:

JO_75

Hall of Famer

.Group:
Members Posts:
6,642 Joined:

read more

Should you really start a blog of "what if's " and opinons with, "Reality check" ?

st33lersguy
06-11-2011, 09:41 AM

Remember when Flaccid also short armed the fourth and 2 pass on the drive after the TD aswell? They could also have gotten the #2 seed had Flacco not thrown 5 interceptions in a week 2 loss against the Bungles.

Edman
06-11-2011, 08:45 PM
As long as the Ravens have Hairball as their head coach, they won't amount to anything great even if the Steelers aren't in their way. Harbaugh is a mentally weak whiner that pisses and moans when things don't go his way and makes nothing but excuses. He gives off the impression that he's some hard-nosed coach, but he's soft.

Count Steeler
06-12-2011, 08:43 AM

Is this guy for real? Ben 3 Super Bowl appearances, 2 victories. Joe, not so much.

Is he dissing the Ratbirds defense? Ratbirds are who they are because of Flaccup and not the defense?

Refresh my memory, please. What is Ben's record in the playoffs and Flaccups? More importantly, what is their records head to head?

Flaccup does not belong in any discussion in comparing great quarterbacks. Period.

tube517
06-12-2011, 11:49 AM
Why is any Steelers fan concerned about what a Raven fan writes or thinks. :yawn:

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk

polamalubeast
06-12-2011, 12:04 PM
Why is any Steelers fan concerned about what a Raven fan writes or thinks. :yawn:

It's just funny to read the Ravens fans!

st33lersguy
06-12-2011, 06:32 PM

Humor

steelerdude15
06-12-2011, 07:52 PM
http://www.oddjack.com/wp-content/ben_roethlisberger1.jpg

:chuckle:

SteelGhost
06-13-2011, 09:24 PM
These Ratbird fans are FREAKIN' hilarious :toofunny::rofl2:

oneforthetoe
06-13-2011, 10:39 PM
Ratbird fans are delusional.

Still, I would rather our guys "act like they have been there." When you are above someone in skill and accomplishment, trash talking them is almost like bringing them up to your level, even if you are actually stating otherwise (And I say that having enjoyed many of J Peasy's better rants). Don't get me wrong, I'm not putting this in the Mendy category. I just believe that the Ratbirds need to measure themselves against the Steelers, while the Steelers measure themselves against the Lombardi Trophy.

polamalubeast
06-21-2011, 08:27 AM
ravens626
Posted
Yesterday, 10:15 AMFlacco, play with some fire, game one go out and put up 300 yards and 3 tds on them and blow em out. let your play prove them wrong.

OrganizedChaos2052
Posted
Yesterday, 12:25 PMYoung offense (ravens) against an old defense (steelers), get ready for a beatdown this year, TWICE in the regular season and once in the playoffs. The Steelers' reign over this rivalry is DONE!

scrock
Posted
Yesterday, 05:44 PMOh man, they P#ssed off Flacco....4,000 yards, 40 TDs this year fellas...haha, seriously though Ravens got it in em to get past the Steelers, we had the lead in all 3 games last year and gave up 2 of em

ravensman10
Posted
Yesterday, 04:46 PMRavens are going to win Super Bowl 46! Maybe Ravens Defence will brake Ben Hamburger's Nose again or brake his arm! That would be nice!

read more

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2011/06/20/late-for-work-620-flacco-ticked-off-by-woodley-comments/?module=HP_headlines#commentSystem

polamalubeast
07-02-2011, 01:45 PM
Is Flacco a Super Bowl-caliber QB?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d82093617/Is-Flacco-a-Super-Bowl-caliber-QB

Boh
01-26-2013, 04:24 PM
cough

salamander
01-26-2013, 04:27 PM
cough

We stand corrected. Now whether or not they can win one, is yet to be seen. :chuckle:

GBMelBlount
01-26-2013, 04:28 PM
I guess we'll know what Flacco is really made of soon enough....

Dwinsgames
01-26-2013, 04:52 PM
Ravens Fans have Ben Envy

vasteeler
01-26-2013, 08:25 PM
i was wondering when this thread would be brought back up

SteelerFanInStl
01-26-2013, 10:09 PM
Flacco is in the SB and Woodley sucked this year. Maybe Woodley will now start paying more attention to his own game and keep quiet.

salamander
01-26-2013, 10:34 PM
Flacco is in the SB and Woodley sucked this year. Maybe Woodley will now start paying more attention to his own game and keep quiet.

Yepp.

katmandu
01-27-2013, 12:58 AM
coughFinally coughed that hair ball up did ya ?

Crow-Magnon
01-27-2013, 10:50 AM
i was wondering when this thread would be brought back up

I thought about it, but figured I would pass unless they come back with the Lombardi.

GBMelBlount
01-27-2013, 12:55 PM
I thought about it, but figured I would pass unless they come back with the Lombardi.

I wonder if Boh is feeling confident enough to change his user name to "Doh!" for a few months if Flaccid is bested? :grin:

Crow-Magnon
01-27-2013, 01:24 PM
I wonder if Boh is feeling confident enough to change his user name to "Doh!" for a few months if Flaccid is bested? :grin:

Only Boh knows! :grin:

GBMelBlount
01-27-2013, 01:39 PM

Raven made a funny. :chuckle:

43Hitman
01-27-2013, 06:00 PM

Raven made a funny. :chuckle:

:toofunny:

st33lersguy
01-27-2013, 10:00 PM
I would love to see some pressure put on Flacco in the Super Bowl and how he responds to it

LLT
01-27-2013, 11:02 PM
cough

Further proof that The Steelers fans focus on winning a Lombardi.....Ravens fans will always focus on beating the Steelers.

zulater
01-28-2013, 11:29 AM
Joe Flacco: "I know I have the unconditional support of Ravens fans unless I suck again"

Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco said today that he appreciates the love and support of Ravens fans as he prepares to quarterback his team in Super Bowl XLVII.
"Their support of me has never wavered dating all the way back to two weeks ago when we beat Peyton Manning and the Broncos," said Flacco. "And the win over Tom Brady and the Patriots made it back-to-back weeks of not being seen as the only thing preventing this team from winning a Super Bowl. I've never felt so loved. It feels great."

Flacco says he is confident that as long as he doesn't go out and "really suck it up" in the Super Bowl, Ravens fans "will continue to support me unconditionally."

"Granted, I've never played well this many games in a row in my life, so the wheels are likely to come off at any moment," said Flacco. "Still, though. And, heck, even if I do play well and we still happen to lose, I'll probably be blamed for the loss. But the opportunity is there for me to not forever be seen as the weak link."

Ravens season ticket holder Jim Chamboski, who is in New Orleans to attend the Super Bowl, says he has supported Flacco 100-percent since the final minute of the divisional round win over Denver.

"I've always known Joe has what it takes to win a Super Bowl, despite pretty much everything I've ever said and all of the booing I've done of him and all the times I've called into local sports radio to say he blows," said Chamboski. "That was just, you know … whatever. But when Denver blew that coverage … I mean, when Joe threw that amazing pass, it clinched all of my feelings about him that he truly is the best quarterback in the NFL."

Chamboski says he has purchased fireworks to set off "when Joe Cool wins the Super Bowl for the Ravens."

"They were expensive, but I figure I'll get to use them either way," he said. "If Joe blows it, I'll drive out to the suburbs and shoot them at his house, the loser. But I'm fairly confident it won't come to that. He's the best. I wouldn't have any other quarterback in the NFL, as long as he wins the Super Bowl. If not, I hope he dies."
http://www.sportspickle.com/news/15323/joe-flacco-i-know-i-have-the-unconditional-support-of-ravens-fans-unless-i-suck-again

:toofunny:

Crow-Magnon
02-05-2013, 12:23 AM
Well, I guess Woodley is eating his own crow now. Not only did Flacco make it to the Super Bowl, he was named the SB MVP. Sometimes words come back to haunt you.

zulater
02-05-2013, 12:44 AM
Well, I guess Woodley is eating his own crow now. Not only did Flacco make it to the Super Bowl, he was named the SB MVP. .

Wow, really?! Didn't know that! :sarcasm:

Sometimes words come back to haunt you.

Hopefully they motivate him to put Flacco back in his place.

In the end Woodley should have accounted for the fact that a team that has far and away the best overall offensive talent in the league doesn't need a super star at quarterback to win big.

GBMelBlount
02-05-2013, 05:05 AM
I think this next year will be very telling for Woodley.

If he comes into camp out of shape again I would imagine we have already seen his best days as a Steeler.