PDA

View Full Version : Arians tops AFC North coordinaters list.

zulater
06-10-2011, 06:05 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/28359/afc-north-offensive-coordinator-rankings-5

1. Bruce Arians

Team: Pittsburgh Steelers

Skinny: Arians has been a lighting rod in Pittsburgh for several years. Some say he passes too much. Some say the Steelers' offense looks too disorganized at times. But the Steelers were No. 14 in total offense in 2010 and have been to two Super Bowls the past three years with Arians calling the shots. As long as the team is yielding those kind of results, I will continue to stay off the "bash Bruce Arians" bandwagon that seems to be very popular in Pittsburgh.

2. Cam Cameron

Team: Baltimore Ravens

Skinny: Despite Baltimore winning 12 games, Cameron had a tough year on offense that involved chemistry and consistency issues. Baltimore had the talent but was never able to put it together and finished 22nd in total offense. That is unacceptable for a team that is deep at receiver, tight end and running back. Offensive line issues also hurt, but Cameron and the Ravens failed to make the proper adjustments. This is a big year for both Cameron and quarterback Joe Flacco.

3. Pat Shurmur

Team: Cleveland Browns

4. Jay Gruden

Team: Cincinnati Bengals

SteelerSal
06-10-2011, 06:23 AM
Well if you look at the other 3 teams....it's not hard to pick Arians...how does he stack up with the whole league...thats the question.

HometownGal
06-10-2011, 06:48 AM
Thanks for the info, Zu, but like every other "ranking", I don't really pay much attention to or put much credence in it. As long as the Steelers O puts points on that scoreboard under BA's helm and the O plays a role in the Steelers getting into the playoffs and winning Super Bowls, that's what I really pay attention to. :tt03:

suitanim
06-10-2011, 11:38 AM
How could he be the best in the AFCN when he's the worst OC in all of football, for all time? I mean there are literally DOZENS of posters here who (cough! cough!) Know more about football then he does!

st33lersguy
06-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Airhead Arians is a moron and the Steelers have won despite him. If they should keep Arians because they have went to 2 Super Bowls in 3 years with him on the roster then apparently they should keep every marginal player who was on those Super Bowl teams

The Duke
06-10-2011, 04:31 PM
Arians is good, but certainly not a lot of competition for the top stop in this division

I will say this though, what Shurmur did last year with Bradford is better than anything Cameron has done in the last few years. His days with LT were too long ago to be relevant in his in how good he is today

Psycho Ward 86
06-10-2011, 05:47 PM
Not like he has much competition haha

HometownGal
06-10-2011, 05:51 PM
I mean there are literally DOZENS of posters here who (cough! cough!) Know more about football then he does!

A-fookin-MEN! :applaudit: Didn't you get the memo, Suit, that BA was responsible for Mendy fumbling the ball in the Super Bowl? :doh:

I don't even get upset at the haters anymore. I just laugh at them. :lol:

I should make a recording of "send in your resume" for the upcoming season (if there is one). :lol:

Count Steeler
06-10-2011, 10:14 PM
I thought Arians was to blame for the lockout?

Steeldude
06-11-2011, 02:11 AM
I mean there are literally DOZENS of posters here who (cough! cough!) Know more about football then he does!

that's true. the grab-bag offense isn't exactly elite. good point

HometownGal
06-11-2011, 06:13 AM
I thought Arians was to blame for the lockout?

Don't forget - he's to blame for all of the tornados over the past few weeks too.

steelerdude15
06-12-2011, 08:05 PM
Don't forget - he's to blame for all of the tornados over the past few weeks too.

What a jagoff. :chuckle:

suitanim
06-13-2011, 11:23 AM
that's true. the grab-bag offense isn't exactly elite. good point

Yes. That's true. MUCH better to be predictable, and either run-run-pass (then punt), or pass, run, pass (then punt) on every possession rather than be a little unpredictable and mix it up and score

Of course, it really doesn't matter because Arians only calls the plays that don't work, and Ben calls the plays that do.

Seriously, the argument that the Steelers finished 12th in points scored, 14th in yards per game, 11th in rushing yards per game and 14th in passing yards per game IN SPITE of Arians is a complete fallacy.

Why?

Because the Steelers easily had the worst offensive line in football last year, and certainly the worst offensive line to ever play in a Super Bowl (2005's being second worst). It is ONLY through a combination of excellent skill players and very good play-calling that kept the Steelers in the top 1/2 to 1/3rd in all the key categories.

HometownGal
06-13-2011, 05:06 PM
Of course, it really doesn't matter because Arians only calls the plays that don't work, and Ben calls the plays that do.

I'm glad to see you have awakened and smelled the coffee, Suit. Did you get your official BA haters kit in the mail yet? :heh: ;)

Because the Steelers easily had the worst offensive line in football last year, and certainly the worst offensive line to ever play in a Super Bowl (2005's being second worst). It is ONLY through a combination of excellent skill players and very good play-calling that kept the Steelers in the top 1/2 to 1/3rd in all the key categories.

Shush!!!!! You make too much sense! :horror:

Let 'em keep on hating. BA is well respected by those who actually matter.