PDA

View Full Version : Richard Marshall and Carlos Rogers, Steelers free agent cornerback possibilities

zulater
06-09-2011, 07:31 PM
Earlier this week, the AFC North blog broke down a list of top free-agent cornerbacks. Two players we identified were Richard Marshall and Carlos Rogers, who could be intriguing options for the Pittsburgh Steelers if they do not re-sign veteran Ike Taylor.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/28411/scouts-inc-on-steelers-cb-options

Devilsdancefloor
06-09-2011, 07:56 PM
i dont Wanna talk about ike leaving he is stayin! But of the 2 id like rodgers

86WARD
06-09-2011, 08:15 PM
wouldn't mind having Rogers along with Ike...

steeldevil
06-09-2011, 09:57 PM
Don't know who Rogers is, but I know that Marshall is good.

Psycho Ward 86
06-09-2011, 10:34 PM
"Rogers drops a lot of interceptions, which would fit right in with how the Steelers have been with Taylor. "

:chuckle:

zulater
06-10-2011, 10:17 AM
I don't know if the Steerlers will retain Ike Taylor or not? I hope they do, but suspect they wont. Ike is a good player, but far from irreplacable, as he and his agent seem to think. I think the Steelers will make a strong run at and get either Rogers or Marshall, and in the end, whichever one it is will flourish in the Steelers defense, and the Steelers wont miss a beat.

I further think that Ike will be exposed if he goes elsewhere, looking slightly better than mediocre, and will wish he had taken less money to stay with the Steelers in the end.

43Hitman
06-10-2011, 05:18 PM
I don't know if the Steerlers will retain Ike Taylor or not? I hope they do, but suspect they wont. Ike is a good player, but far from irreplacable, as he and his agent seem to think. I think the Steelers will make a strong run at and get either Rogers or Marshall, and in the end, whichever one it is will flourish in the Steelers defense, and the Steelers wont miss a beat.

I further think that Ike will be exposed if he goes elsewhere, looking slightly better than mediocre, and will wish he had taken less money to stay with the Steelers in the end.

Just like most of our FA's that have left for greener pastures only find that they made a huge mistake.

JayC
06-11-2011, 09:50 AM
Ike + Marshall would be great

zulater
06-13-2011, 05:22 AM
I can't wait until the free agent season begins so we can get some answers here.

suitanim
06-13-2011, 11:26 AM
The reason why Ike is currently considered "irreplaceable" is BECAUSE the players the Steelers are looking to replace him with are either only equal, or inferior to him. The position needs an upgrade, specifically ACROSS from Ike. B-Mac is not the answer (although I would certainly accept him and Ike for another year as our corners over B-Mac and a CB from outside our system), and we already all know how disastrous it was with Gay playing over there. I think the Steelers should sign Ike AND another FA CB.

SteelGhost
06-13-2011, 09:13 PM
The reason why Ike is currently considered "irreplaceable" is BECAUSE the players the Steelers are looking to replace him with are either only equal, or inferior to him. The position needs an upgrade, specifically ACROSS from Ike. B-Mac is not the answer (although I would certainly accept him and Ike for another year as our corners over B-Mac and a CB from outside our system), and we already all know how disastrous it was with Gay playing over there. I think the Steelers should sign Ike AND another FA CB.

That makes A LOT of sense to me suit :applaudit: