PDA

View Full Version : Troy Polamalu can't cover and is Overrated

venom
06-09-2011, 03:51 PM
They love the signature hair flying out from his helmet. They love the highlight hits that make the fools on some four-letter network swoon and yell "jacked up."
They love his name. They love his game. Troy Polamalu is an NFL Darling.
He's also the league's most-overrated player.

Sons of Bitches !!

http://www.cbssports.com/#!/nfl/story/15215764/overratedunderrated-polamalu-cant-cover-but-packers-williams-can

Count Steeler
06-09-2011, 03:53 PM
Aww. The offseason. How else to make a name for yourself.

fansince'76
06-09-2011, 03:58 PM
It's Prisco. 'Nuff said. Since when the hell is an ACL a "groin injury?" Idiot.

Devilsdancefloor
06-09-2011, 04:14 PM
this guys is a idiot! some i can agree with, but most of his overrated players are really good players some in the twilight of their careers.

X-Terminator
06-09-2011, 04:29 PM
Sports writer + anti-Steelers article = instant traffic.

Come on, we should all know this by now. There is nothing else to write about with the lockout going on and these guys need to earn their paychecks, so this is what they do. Stir up the hornet's nest. Prisco is just another media whore like the rest of them.

polamalubeast
06-09-2011, 04:38 PM
Since 2008

Steelers with Polamalu:27-7 and 5-1 in playoffs(one super bowl win and two super bowl apparence)

Steelers without polamalu:6-8 and 0-0 in playoffs

Yes,Polamalu is very overrated:coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:

ALLD
06-09-2011, 05:22 PM
He has been recently ranked the #1 player in the NFL. Okay, maybe that might make him technically overrated, but who else can impact a game like him? When he is healthy he can win a game or close it out by himself.

SteelerEmpire
06-09-2011, 06:14 PM
And who the hell is Pete Prisco ? I've heard of "Crisco lard"... it appears they may be one in the same.

wvsportsman
06-09-2011, 06:24 PM
He ought to make like the "Cisco Kid" and ride off into the sunset!!! Awwwwwww Poncho

SMR
06-09-2011, 06:56 PM
He has been recently ranked the #1 player in the NFL. Okay, maybe that might make him technically overrated, but who else can impact a game like him? When he is healthy he can win a game or close it out by himself.

To be blunt, "the #1 ranked [defensive] player in the NFL" and "overrated" shouldn't be used in the same sentence!

st33lersguy
06-09-2011, 07:32 PM
This guy doesn't watch football, he gets his information from drunken Ravens fans.

dislocatedday
06-09-2011, 07:46 PM
Sports writer + anti-Steelers article = instant traffic.

Come on, we should all know this by now. There is nothing else to write about with the lockout going on and these guys need to earn their paychecks, so this is what they do. Stir up the hornet's nest. Prisco is just another media whore like the rest of them.

+1........and Prisco couldn't even come up with an original thought this week. Peter King bascially condemned Polamalu earlier this week in his player ranking list as well, so Prisco decided to try and ride on the coattails of that. I really wonder how in the world King is revered as a great football writer, and Prisco............ well he is just an annoying prick. While I am on this subject, NBC Sports really needs to dump King, Florio, and Olbermann from their Sunday night broadcasts.

Craic
06-09-2011, 10:47 PM
Well. Troy P. has never been the person that I have thought about when talking about "Big Hits." I have no clear what he is talking about. Now, great interceptions, leaping over the O line to make tackles, tackling a guy while being backwards, open field tackles, etc? I think about Troy P.

over rated? Based off of one game that he played hurt against one of the best throwing qb's around?

What a joke.

If he wants to make an argument that Troy is overrated based on the overall impact on a season since he has been injured, then let's discuss. But this article is idiotic.

suitanim
06-10-2011, 11:36 AM
(Yawn)

SteelerFanInStl
06-10-2011, 12:19 PM
Well. Troy P. has never been the person that I have thought about when talking about "Big Hits." I have no clear what he is talking about. Now, great interceptions, leaping over the O line to make tackles, tackling a guy while being backwards, open field tackles, etc? I think about Troy P.

over rated? Based off of one game that he played hurt against one of the best throwing qb's around?

What a joke.

If he wants to make an argument that Troy is overrated based on the overall impact on a season since he has been injured, then let's discuss. But this article is idiotic.

I agree 100%. Prisco is an idiot and I told him so.

steelerdude15
06-10-2011, 12:56 PM
Yet another article ripping a Steelers player, what else is new? Troy has done more for our secondary than any other safety has done for theirs.

st33lersguy
06-10-2011, 03:27 PM
The only reason this guy gives for why Troy is overrated is for 3 games in the playoffs.
1. Everyone has bad games, no one is perfect, human beings make mistakes and have off days
2. Troy had an ankle injury that obviously was effecting his performance

fansince'76
06-10-2011, 03:30 PM
The only reason this guy gives for why Troy is overrated is for 3 games in the playoffs.

Ironic considering the guy is still a giant Manning dick rider after his Super Bowl-losing pick six in SB XLIV along with the rest of his YEARS of lackluster play in the postseason overall.

O'Malley
06-10-2011, 04:27 PM
With greatness comes haters............ They always hate the teams that are always successful.

steel striker
06-11-2011, 02:47 PM
Ironic considering the guy is still a giant Manning dick rider after his Super Bowl-losing pick six in SB XLIV along with the rest of his YEARS of lackluster play in the postseason overall.

It cracks me up that when Brady or Manning has a bad game or sub par game no one says a word but, when Troy or Ben has one there are haters at every turn. These guys like King/Prisco/Florio ect don't have a freaking clue about anything that is related to common sense or football.

polamalubeast
06-19-2011, 09:11 PM
I just heard Pete Prisco to networth and should be fired.......It's completely disrespectful to Troy Polamalu...... I am completely insulted.

I think it is not reminds of the 2009 season when Polamalu was injured.......The only reason why the Steelers missed the playoffs is because of the injury to Polamalu......The Steelers were 4-0 with Polamalu and 5-7 when not playing in 2009...... In 2008 and 2010, the Steelers have to participate in the Super Bowl and the Steelers missed the playoffs between his two seasons when Polamalu was injured.

And Warren Sapp, stop talking about the super bowl in 2005 to evaluate Ben Roethlisberger.....The Steelers had to win three games on the road to participate in the Super Bowl and the Steelers have made ​​thanks to Roethlisberger(125 QB rating in 3 road playoffs game) and Polamalu.