PDA

View Full Version : MSP Pittsburgh Steelers 2011 Annual Preview- Behind the Steel Curtain

SteelerSal
06-08-2011, 01:29 PM
MSP Pittsburgh Steelers 2011 Annual Preview

by Michael Bean on Jun 8, 2011 2:49 AM EDT

Since I've been so MIA the past few weeks while I toil away at putting together this year's edition of the preseason publication about the Pittsburgh Steelers for Maple Street Press, I thought I at least owed it to you all to share the contents of this year's edition. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this mysterious publication I've mentioned recently, here's a quick overview: for the past two years, I've edited a preseason magazine about our beloved Steelers for a small publishing outfit. Unlike national preview magazines that try to cram previews of 32 teams into one publication (amidst all the annoying ads), MSP annuals are devoted to one team and one team only, and they're 128 glossy, ad-free pages of Steelers content without all the other crap you don't want to read about. The annuals are essentially broken down into three sections -- a look at the upcoming year's roster and schedule (a tough take this year with the ongoing lockout), a series of feature articles about current players, coaches or statistical trends, and a history section.
So, here's what's lined up to be in this year's edition.

Article 1: Roster and Positional Analysis (Michael Bean)

A tough task that's being held for the last minute while we wait for lockout news to hopefully unfold in the forthcoming weeks. The hope is a deal gets done this month and that this article, plus the one that follows can be tended to in the final week before heading to press.

Article 2: Opponents and Schedule Preview (Michael Bean)

Ditto. Hard to talk intelligently about the Steelers' opponents in 2011 without knowing what their final rosters will look like. I enjoy writing this piece each year though. It's a nice way to really get familiarized with the Steelers' upcoming schedule.

Article 3: 2010 Season Recap (Michael Bean + Rebecca Rollet)

Including Rollett in this puppy was an obvious choice after seeing the fine work she began doing with the game-by-game breakdowns earlier this offseason.

Article 4: Welcome Back Carnell Lake (Neal Coolong)

Coolong writes about the return of Lake to the Steelers. A nice piece about what Lake will bring to the table as the team's new secondary coach, with some personal memories and stories sprinkled in about one of Coolong's absolute favorite players growing up. Read more.. (http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2011/6/8/2212905/nfl-lockout-steelers-publications-2011-nfl-previews)

Pristas
06-09-2011, 07:13 AM
I would really like to know where I could order one of these from? I live in North Carolina, so I would need to have it shipped.