PDA

View Full Version : Why the Steelers Won Super Bowl XL

stillers4me
06-06-2011, 11:15 AM
When I wrote my last article previewing the upcoming match-up between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Seattle Seahawks, I never thought I would get the kind of reaction I have gotten. Five years later and Seahawks fans are still upset about calls that were made in the game and how they were “jobbed” out of a Super Bowl win.

I’ve even read comments that the NFL fixed the game to allow the Steelers to win because more money would be made if the Steelers won than if the Seahawks did.
Were there bad calls made? Maybe, maybe not. Are there bad calls made in many football game played every week in the NFL. Yes, there are. Because of the subjective nature of some calls (pass interference, holding) it is impossible to say that every call made is correct or incorrect. A lot of calls are judgement calls, interpretations in the minds of the officials.

Blaming the refs, however, is the easy way out and always comes off sounding like sour grapes.

With that, I would like to present my case as to why the Steelers won SB40 and the Seahawks lost it, through no collusion by the NFL or the game officials...........

Read more @ http://nicepickcowher.com/2011/06/06/pittsburgh-steelers-vs-seattle-seahawks-why-the-steelers-won-super-bowl-xl/

polamalubeast
06-06-2011, 11:42 AM
The super bowl of 2005 proves that the Seahawks did not deserve to participate in the Super Bowl, since it was not a good team.....The Seahawks were one of the easiest schedules in NFL history, and the NFC in 2005 was very bad.

The better team than the steelers beat the playoffs in 2005, have the Colts and that's not even close.

They only had 3 seasons of 10 wins or more since 1990.....This is really bad ...... They were lucky to make the playoffs several times with less than 10 Wins(1999,2004,2006 and .....2010:yuck2:)......The last time the Steelers made ​​the playoffs with a record of 9-7, it was in 1993.....The Steelers had a record of 9-7 in 2000 and 2009, but they missed the playoffs........ The Seahawks had a record of 9-7 in 1999,2004,2006 and a record of 7-9 in 2010 and they made ​​the playoffs.:ranger::ranger::ranger::ranger::ranger:

Cryhawks :upyours:

fansince'76
06-06-2011, 11:51 AM
Yep, the NFL is fixed in the Steelers favor. That's why the Packers won SB XLV. :coffee:

Godfather
06-06-2011, 12:35 PM
It was obviously rigged. Pushing a defensive back so hard he flies through the air with both feet off the ground? Perfectly legal, because refs used to let Michael Irvin do it in the 1990s. Putting a linebacker in a half-nelson? Nothing wrong with that, holding technically happens on every play.

But the most clever part was a few weeks earlier. The refs cheated in the divisional playoffs by taking away Troy's interception. That was to try to divert suspicion. Only problem is Seasquawk fans didn't fall for it.

steeldevil
06-06-2011, 12:51 PM
Because the refs helped us of course.

stillers4me
06-06-2011, 12:57 PM
It's ridiculous how we have to keep defending our superbowl wins and justify Ben's place in the NFL.

Pristas
06-06-2011, 01:06 PM
That video really tells the whole story. They Seahawks have nothing to complain about. Calls were made, and they were based on something that the refs saw. There were no ghosts in that video, every call was based on a foul being committed. Maybe their argument is that too many calls went against them... even if they were justified. It's sad that we even have to talk about this, at this time of year. Normally we would be getting incredible camp details about our rookies.

st33lersguy
06-06-2011, 03:33 PM
Steelers made the plays Seawhiners didn't. Steelers had what it took to overcome adversity, Seawhiners didn't. This Steeler team has proven to be a championship team that overcomes adversity, Seawhiners are just an average team who benefited from a weak schedule to win a bunch of games in a row and take an easy ride to the championship and has benefited from a weak division to win their division. Anyone else remember in 2008 when the Seahawks suffered a bunch of injuries? They used it as an excuse to quit and finished 4-12

SMR
06-06-2011, 04:38 PM
It's ridiculous how we have to keep defending our superbowl wins and justify Ben's place in the NFL.

That's because success breeds contempt.

steel striker
06-06-2011, 07:37 PM
I guess those same people are still trying to figure a way to dispute Willie Parkers 77 yard td run and, the trickeration td pass from El to Hines for the other td. Like mentioned above you can call holding on just about every play and pi calls as well. I know as a long time steeler fan I have sure seen plenty of calls against us as well. Sea hags it is time to move on. Just like we have moved on from the 95 sb against the cry boys that was painfull but, move on. Last year in the sb was a tough loss but, again we moved on.

st33lersguy
06-06-2011, 07:40 PM
The Steelers proved outright who the better team truly was when the Steelers pounded the Seahawks 21-0 in the 2007 rematch without Hampton, Polamalu, Hines, and Sansmokio

steelerdude15
06-07-2011, 12:33 AM
Did the refs give up Willie's TD run, did the refs give up a TD pass from EL to Hines, did the refs have horrible clock management in the last couple of minutes, did the refs throw a late interception, no, no, no, and no. You know, if you were to minus Ben's touchdown and gave the touchdown to the Seahawks for the "pass interference" call, it would have been 17-14 with the Steelers still the winner.

tube517
06-07-2011, 12:31 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_lXeGPHzfsRI/TSs3UimXtBI/AAAAAAAAAls/KzZLs1wa1VY/s1600/dawson-crying.jpg

polamalubeast
06-07-2011, 05:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohmwkWGw-UM&feature=related

But the Steelers were able to win this game, even if it was a bad decision of referee......The Seahawks are not capable of winning in adversity and they are a really bad team on the road.

steel striker
06-07-2011, 07:29 PM
Yep excuses are the nails that built the house of failures.

SteelGhost
06-07-2011, 08:06 PM

Yup, and in the offseason it gets worse :doh: