PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger No. 41

st33lersguy
06-05-2011, 08:04 PM
Just watched the NFL Players countdown and Roethlisberger was voted No. 41 for some reason. I am hesitant to watch the list because I cringe to see some of the guys who were ranked ahead of Big Ben. No way that 40 players are better than Big Ben, his accomplishments should put him in the top 20.

Dodt
06-05-2011, 08:19 PM
i rather have a unpopular qb with 2 rings and a almost super bowl mvp performance , than the face of the nfl and labeled a cheater.

zulater
06-05-2011, 08:30 PM
Sorry in advance, and meaning no offense to the learning disabled. But that's simply retarded! Ben is easily one of the league's top 15 players, must have been a group of total morons who put that list toegther. :doh:

stillers4me
06-05-2011, 08:32 PM
Morons did create it. Cam Newton made the list. :noidea:

Carolina Steelers
06-05-2011, 08:35 PM
The group of morons would be the current players their the ones that voted they must have no respect for him:crazy:. I dont understand why hes not at least in the top 20-25.

86WARD
06-05-2011, 08:37 PM
I threw that list out the window once I heard Eli Manning wasn't on it...he's better than a lot of players on that list.

41 is quite laughable...

zulater
06-05-2011, 08:38 PM
It pretty much invalidates everything that comes foward on the list from here on out. Wont be waisting any of my time over on that site now.

Psycho Ward 86
06-05-2011, 08:39 PM

lol wtf wat what slot???

st33lersguy
06-05-2011, 08:59 PM
Sorry in advance, and meaning no offense to the learning disabled. But that's simply retarded! Ben is easily one of the league's top 15 players, must have been a group of total morons who put that list toegther. :doh:

Morons did help make this list. Morons like Pacman Jones, Vince Young, Albert Haynesworthless among other airheads made this list and it shows

The Duke
06-05-2011, 09:00 PM

wait, seriously?

I threw that list out the window once I heard Eli Manning wasn't on it.

and seriously? So basically Newton is better than a super bowl winning qb? And a two time super bowl winning qb not even in the top 20?

NFL Network is made up of absolute idiots

st33lersguy
06-05-2011, 09:07 PM
As voted by the NFL players Ben has unofficially been ranked the most underrated player in the NFL

kmsteelerwr15
06-05-2011, 09:07 PM
Just another reason to laugh at this list

steeldevil
06-05-2011, 09:47 PM
Newton didn't make the list LOL

Was Rivers on the last show? If he is ranked higher than Ben I am calling BS. If Vick is ranked higher than Ben I am calling BS.....

stillers4me
06-05-2011, 09:48 PM
Newton didn't make the list LOL

Was Rivers on the last show? If he is ranked higher than Ben I am calling BS. If Vick is ranked higher than Ben I am calling BS.....

well, I read articles last week about him making th list.

steeldevil
06-05-2011, 09:58 PM
well, I read articles last week about him making th list.

I've been loosely keeping up with it. Newton didn't make it, I would hope the NFL players are not that stupid. Perhaps he made some list of best rookies? IDK

Nadroj 20
06-05-2011, 10:46 PM
So how many QB's finished ahead of him? That is what I'm more concerned with.

steeldevil
06-05-2011, 11:23 PM
So how many QB's finished ahead of him? That is what I'm more concerned with.

I didn't watch the entire show, but if Ben was the only QB on the shoe then apparently Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, RIVERS, AND VICK are ahead of him. The ones in caps are UNACCEPTABLE IMO!!!!!!

Nadroj 20
06-05-2011, 11:33 PM
I didn't watch the entire show, but if Ben was the only QB on the shoe then apparently Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, RIVERS, AND VICK are ahead of him. The ones in caps are UNACCEPTABLE IMO!!!!!!

Yeah no way Rivers and Vick should be ahead of him, and I think he is right up there with the other four for sure.

steeldevil
06-05-2011, 11:39 PM
Yeah no way Rivers and Vick should be ahead of him, and I think he is right up there with the other four for sure.

Agreed. I have Ben at #5 QB in the league. But the only one I would teade Ben straight up for would be Rodgers. He and Ben are a lot alike but I think Rodgers is a little better. That guy has a VERY promising future....

Count Steeler
06-06-2011, 05:46 AM
Just goes to show you there is no accounting for stupidity. I guess even the NFL players don't know what it takes to win. Given the track record of all QB's in the past 5 years, taking into account regular season wins and playoff runs, there is only 1 QB that I would pick to run my team. Rodgers may be my second choice, we'll have to see what he does over the next 3 years.

Bluecoat96
06-06-2011, 01:13 PM
Gotta give James Walker over at espn.com some props for sticking up for our players.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/28293/roethlisberger-polamalu-are-snubbed

steeldevil
06-06-2011, 01:20 PM
I guess Ben at #41 would be okay if it wasn't for the fact that they said that there will be 6 QBs in front of him...

I can understand having 4 in front of Ben: Brady, Manning, Brees, and Rodgers. But also having Rivers and Vick in front of him is completely absurd....

stillers4me
06-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Eve LaMarr finds it absurd...

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/187927_132914193393180_5328187_q.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/LaMarrWoodley)
[/URL]

[URL="http://www.facebook.com/LaMarrWoodley"]LaMarr Woodley (http://www.facebook.com/skirbypollard?ref=name#)
All i can see about this is LOL LOL and LOL.. agreed?

http://external.ak.fbcdn.net/safe_image.php?d=5fd63ff7a5e102a6c85e8d188521c56e&w=90&h=90&url=http%3A%2F%2Fa.espncdn.com%2Fi%2Fblog%2Fafc.pn g (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/28293/roethlisberger-polamalu-are-snubbed)Roethlisberger ranked #41 in NFL, Polamalu #50 (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/28293/roethlisberger-polamalu-are-snubbed)
espn.go.comThe hits keep coming against the Pittsburgh Steelers this offseason. Recently the NFL made new rules to crackdown on big hits, which is commonly know

Edman
06-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Brady, Brees, and Rodgers I'm fine with being ahead of Ben.
Manning? Not really.
Rivers and Vick? Absolute LOL.

zulater
06-06-2011, 07:07 PM
The fact that Vick is rated ahead of him isn't surprising considering it's the players rankings. Let's face it black players love Mike Vick and truly believe he's an elite quarterback, despite all evidence to the contrary. And since the overwhelming majority of players are black, hence your vote.

steel striker
06-06-2011, 07:20 PM
I watch it last night and, wtf Ben has been a very consistant player through is entire career. Rivers has not played well hardly in any playoff games. Vick had one good season and, now he is ranked ahead Ben. I know I heard the nfl players mad this list but, as far as I'm concerned espn/nflnw as all the same know as the I hate the steelers network. Not to mention the fact of the make shift o-line the last 4-5 years. If Eli Manning is on there somebody should be shot. Maybe I can borrow a gun from Burris he just got released today. I know it is another bs list just to get us fired up well it work for me to get pissed off. Rodgers has one good season and now people will compare to Joe freaking Montana. Drew Brees is a good qb but, his o-line gives 5-6 seconds to throw the ball. Nothing wrong with that just speaking the truth. We all know the golden boy/girl chump & Peyton Manning will be the top two. The NFL will always protect them on the field and in these stupid rankings. Sorry for being long winded here but, enough is enough. Plus it does not look good for football this year. I'm out.

zulater
06-06-2011, 07:42 PM
Gotta give James Walker over at espn.com some props for sticking up for our players.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/28293/roethlisberger-polamalu-are-snubbed

Walker is underutilized by the network, the guy is pretty much spot on with everything he writes.

steelerdude15
06-06-2011, 08:30 PM
What an absolute BS list. Ben at 41 and Troy at 50? Ben is a top five QB and Troy is the best safety in the game. :rolleyes: to that list.

steeldevil
06-06-2011, 08:40 PM
What an absolute BS list. Ben at 41 and Troy at 50? Ben is a top five QB and Troy is the best safety in the game. :rolleyes: to that list.

Troy isn't #50 on this list. That is a different list made by just 1 reporter I think that Troy is #50. Troy will likely be top 5 in this list because it is made by the players votes. But then again apparently the players think Rivers and Vick are better than Ben so IDK.......

steelerdude15
06-06-2011, 08:45 PM
Troy isn't #50 on this list. That is a different list made by just 1 reporter I think that Troy is #50. Troy will likely be top 5 in this list because it is made by the players votes. But then again apparently the players think Rivers and Vick are better than Ben so IDK.......
O yes yes yes, I just noticed. Thank you for pointing that out to me!

JayC
06-07-2011, 09:13 AM
i can understand ben getting snubbed cause no one likes him outside of pittsburgh really but what is peter king smoking? polamalu at 50 is that a joke or something?

tube517
06-07-2011, 12:26 PM

Uh, this only confirms why I did not and will not watch this stupid ass list.

As Mike "Hocus Pocus" Tomlin says,"I don't see NFL Network player rankings when I walk into the offices of Heinz Field"

polamalubeast
06-07-2011, 05:48 PM
I love Michael Vick, but it is ridiculous to put Michael Vick in front of Roethlisberger...... It's a joke.

And it's not the only joke in this list.....Mike Williams of Buccanner is a very good young WR .... but it's ridiculous that Williams is on the list and that Mike Wallace is not after a season of 1,250 yards.

SteelGhost
06-07-2011, 08:26 PM
It just CONFIRMS NFLN is a joke :ranger:

O'Malley
06-08-2011, 03:51 PM
Who cares what rank some ass-hats gave Roethlisberger. As long as he keeps winning Super Bowls I could care less where all of these morans rank Ben

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-08-2011, 06:19 PM
I'm OK with Ben being #40. You gotta remember that a lot of these guys were ranked high because of this seasons accomplishments and Ben sat out 25% of the season because of a bathroom in Georgia.

Look how high Brandon Lloyd is. He had a good year, but not a great career by any means.

Another note, I love how they players have Vontae Leach and Carl Nicks ranked so high.

HometownGal
06-08-2011, 06:36 PM
Who cares what rank some ass-hats gave Roethlisberger. As long as he keeps winning Super Bowls I could care less where all of these morans rank Ben

Exactly. No one to my knowledge ever got into the HOF based on where some titstick jock ranked them. :doh:

O'Malley
06-08-2011, 07:16 PM
Exactly. No one to my knowledge ever got into the HOF based on where some titstick jock ranked them. :doh:

When all is said and done there will be no denying the greatness of Ben Roethlisberger IMO.