PDA

View Full Version : On the Steelers: Museum being considered at Heinz Field

stillers4me
06-05-2011, 07:37 AM
The Steelers do not have a Hall of Fame, they do not have a Ring of Honor, they do not erect statues, they officially have retired just one jersey number, and they do not sign players to one-day contracts and let them retire as a "Steeler" if they had played elsewhere.

At least one of those things could change.

The Steelers are considering opening a Hall of Fame or, more aptly, a museum as part of a Heinz Field reconstruction that will add 4,000 to 5,000 seats and improvements in other areas in 2012 or 2013. At the moment, the expansion or reconstruction is estimated to cost around $30 million..........................

read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11156/1151502-66.stm

86WARD
06-05-2011, 08:24 AM
Heinz Field isn't big enough!! :grin:

steeldevil
06-05-2011, 10:53 AM
That would be epic!!

SteelCityMan786
06-05-2011, 12:09 PM
I'd go for something to accompany the Great Hall. Plus, 65K was too few for Heinz Field as is. Hopefully they can touch 70k with this. But one thing I'd like to see change is opening the rotundas to SRO sales.

zulater
06-05-2011, 12:25 PM
One word to descibe this. Overdue!

Godfather
06-05-2011, 12:30 PM
This is a great idea. We have too much history to not have a museum. It would also serve as a great tourist attraction for Steeler fans from other parts of the world.

Maybe Hines can loan them his mirror ball trophy.

st33lersguy
06-05-2011, 02:09 PM
They should also add field turf and replace the bog with it

SMR
06-05-2011, 02:15 PM
This is a great idea. We have too much history to not have a museum. It would also serve as a great tourist attraction for Steeler fans from other parts of the world.

Maybe Hines can loan them his mirror ball trophy.

FAN-tastic!

XxKnightxX
06-05-2011, 05:32 PM
They should also add field turf and replace the bog with it

Wont happen, dont want it to happen. I just pulled my hamstring today and got rug burn from the field turf. And that thing will and doesnt benefit our veteran players. If they can do a project where they replace the grass like the last winter classic, then wed be fine.

As far as that, man I gotta send a PSL request, I want season tickets so badly. Besides that , I just wish that we once played in a stadium the size of Happy Valley stadium. The stadium would fill and the crowd would be overwhelming.

Count Steeler
06-05-2011, 06:59 PM
This would be long overdue. I would visit for sure. They should also set up a tailgating party atmosphere where tourists can experience the tailgating feel and share food and a beer with some hometown Steelers fans.

We certainly have the history for a museum, starting with 6 Lombardies.