PDA

View Full Version : Elder Rooney to stay out of NFL labor dispute

stillers4me
06-04-2011, 07:23 AM
Dan Rooney, a key figure in maintaining labor peace in the NFL for more than two decades, has no plans to try and broker a Collective Bargaining Agreement between the owners and players.

"Nope," the Steelers chairman emeritus said today after a screening of the Steelers` 2010 highlight film at Heinz Field. "Art`s involved. He knows what to do.".............

read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_740335.html

HometownGal
06-04-2011, 07:31 AM
I dunno - I think Dan Rooney could do wonders with this bunch of hardheaded mules. It's nice to see that Dan has so much faith in Art II, but let's face it - Art II aint his Dad.

Bluecoat96
06-04-2011, 07:32 AM
I have this picture in my head of Dan Rooney taking D. Smith and Goodealio by the ears, sitting them down like children, and saying, "Now you two be nice and work this out!!!!"

ALLD
06-04-2011, 08:50 AM
...or it is a futile situation and he wants no part of it. If I reach his age I certainly would not want to waste time dealing with a bunch of a-holes. I would not even buy green bananas past the age of 80.

SMR
06-04-2011, 09:31 AM
...or it is a futile situation and he wants no part of it. If I reach his age I certainly would not want to waste time dealing with a bunch of a-holes. I would not even buy green bananas past the age of 80.

LOL, you read my mind. Great minds...er old minds think alike? lol

I shouldn't say that since I'm not even 40 yet.

:behindsofa:

steeldevil
06-04-2011, 01:22 PM
Can't blame him. I'm not keeping up with it either.

The only part of it I care about is the end result: We will have football, or we will not have football. I don't care about all the other BS....

tube517
06-05-2011, 06:20 PM
Dan Corleone Rooney says Art is handling it then art is handling it. No questioning the Man from me

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk

steelreserve
06-05-2011, 11:09 PM
Too bad. He's probably one of the few people who could shut up the two or three leading assholes who are making this so difficult.

It pretty well illustrates the shift that's taken place in ownership over the past 20 years ... from football people who were involved in the game since the '50s or '60s and really helped advance the league, to a bunch of tycoons who bought in late, with no loyalty or investment beyond trying to cash in on the popularity that others had built up previously. It's no wonder that shit like this happens when you have Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder running the show. (If they're not "running the show," they can at least hold the show hostage.) Is anyone surprised? In that light, I'm getting pretty pessimistic that they're going to have the season uninterrupted.

Well, I hope Mr. Rooney is at least enjoying his Irish whiskey over there. After that long, he's certainly earned it.

steelerdude15
06-06-2011, 08:36 PM
I wish he would get involved because he'd probably save the NFL season. It's going to be sometime until I can look at the NFL the same way again.

BigNastyDefense
06-06-2011, 10:24 PM
I think he sees things this way:

The players hired a guy who's background is all litigation. The players aren't going to really negotiate until they have exhausted all litigation possibilities. Only then will the players truly sit down at the table willing to negotiate a new CBA.