PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin Fits Right In

stillers4me
06-03-2011, 02:56 PM
Chalk it up as yet another Minnesota Vikings mistake of which the people in Pittsburgh get to reap the benefits. Now, just a few years after coming to Pittsburgh, it seems like this is where Tomlin was always meant to be. I love Mike Tomlin. It’s fun to watch him coach and it’s always fun to listen to him speak to the media. Most importantly though, the players love Tomlin, and they love to play for him.

I’ll riddle you with a few stats to back up my claims, but I think you already know all about Mike Tomlin. You’ve lived it. Just like I have. In the 2008 season, Mike Tomlin became only the 3rd African American coach in history to coach a team in the Super Bowl joining Lovie Smith and Tony Dungy. After beating the Cardinals, he kept that winning tradition alive by becoming only the second African American coach in history to win a Super Bowl, and more impressively, the youngest head coach to win a Super Bowl ever. That’s right. Black, yellow, white, green…he’s the youngest head coach to win a Super Bowl ever. Now that’s something.

It just goes to show you how great the people at the top of our organization are...........

read more @ http://nicepickcowher.com/2011/06/03/tomlin-fits-right-in/#more-7775