PDA

View Full Version : Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger One Of The NFL’s Best?

stillers4me
06-02-2011, 05:51 PM
When you think of the greatest all-time NFL quarterbacks to ever play the game, Johnny Unitis and Joe Montana are usually first that come to mind.

Precision, arm strength, quarterback rating, completion percentage, total passing yards, touchdowns to interceptions ratio, number of sacks, mobility and the ability to get outside of the pocket and weave through traffic are all important. But leadership, determination, wins and Super Bowl rings will always trump everything else.

But what about Big Ben? For all of his off-the-field troubles from getting involved in a motorcycle accident (http://www.wpxi.com/sports/9356102/detail.html) to allegedly sexual assaulting a Nevada hotel employee (http://www.wpxi.com/sports/20124273/detail.html) and a Georgia college student (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4970050), Ben Roethlisberger’s on-the-field play makes for a compelling case for him to be considered one of the all-time best............

Read more @ http://gridirongrit.com/nfl-is-it-time-to-consider-pittsburgh-steelers-qb-ben-roethlisberger-one-of-the-best/

SMR
06-02-2011, 08:38 PM
THAT was a fantastic article and a compelling one! Roethlisberger is way too under-rated- its annoying!

Bluecoat96
06-03-2011, 08:33 AM
Someone needs to forward this article to that fat-ass, Steeler hating Warren Sapp over at the NFL Network.

Butch
06-03-2011, 01:11 PM
Wow I didn't know he was tied with manning on the perfect passer games.

Also Ben has something else that Tom does not. He has led a game winning Touchdown producing Drive to win a Superbowl. Tom had a great kicker.

I'm sure the haters (ESPN) will continue to ignore this article and put people like rogers and brees ahead of Ben on the all times greats list. Don't get me wrong these 2 may turn out to be greats and even have better careers than Ben but they haven't gotten there quite yet.

st33lersguy
06-03-2011, 01:16 PM
The media will continue to ignore those stats gush over Brady, Peyton Manning and the last QB not named Roethlisberger to win the Superbowl while dismissing Ben as a rapist

kmsteelerwr15
06-03-2011, 01:44 PM
That was a great article and I agree with it 100% but of course everyone needs to flip-flop between stats and Super Bowl rings to determine who is better.

Count Steeler
06-03-2011, 05:51 PM
Keep telling Ben he is not the best, keep him hungry. I want him to win 5 Super Bowls. He wants to win at least 5. Everyone else can just shut up, especially Crybaby Sapp.

Iron Steeler
06-03-2011, 06:28 PM
What did sapp say?

SMR
06-03-2011, 07:42 PM
What did sapp say?

No offense, but who cares what sappy Sapp said or has to say. That "qbkilla" sux big time!

Galax Steeler
06-04-2011, 06:16 AM
Ben has been underated for a long time he needs to get more respect from these guys.

steel striker
06-04-2011, 08:34 AM
It seems there will always be Ben haters but, we know the truth. Ben is usually clutch and, to be fair look at our make shift o-line the last several years. Sapp always says stupid things and, Cooley from the skins did not even mention Ben as one of the best qb's
on the nfl network which is now known as the I hate Ben network. To me Ben I'll take Ben over all of the others because, he is tough and he does not worry about stats. He plays to win the game! This was a good article. I know people will always question Ben's off the field stuff but, you have to give him props for what he does on the field. He is a winner and, he does not get rule changes because of an injury. Nothing against Peyton Manning but, his playoff record is 9-10 not good.

SMR
06-04-2011, 08:44 AM
It seems there will always be Ben haters but, we know the truth. Ben is usually clutch and, to be fair look at our make shift o-line the last several years. Sapp always says stupid things and, Cooley from the skins did not even mention Ben as one of the best qb's
on the nfl network which is now known as the I hate Ben network. To me Ben I'll take Ben over all of the others because, he is tough and he does not worry about stats. He plays to win the game! This was a good article. I know people will always question Ben's off the field stuff but, you have to give him props for what he does on the field. He is a winner and, he does not get rule changes because of an injury. Nothing against Peyton Manning but, his playoff record is 9-10 not good.

So true that people too often overlook Peyton's not-so-impressive playoff record. It's rather sucky in comparison to Big Ben's.

memphissteelergirl
06-04-2011, 08:57 AM
Keep telling Ben he is not the best, keep him hungry. I want him to win 5 Super Bowls. He wants to win at least 5. Everyone else can just shut up, especially Crybaby Sapp.

:amen::thumbsup::applaudit: