PDA

View Full Version : "Belichick Is Lebeau's Daddy"

SteelerEmpire
05-30-2011, 08:11 PM
Yes it's the off-season so here is a lil flashback (some off-season fodder...lol) to a few months ago. As most of the Steeler's 12th man (Steeler Nation) knows there is one mountain that our beloved Dick LeBeau has not yet reduced to ashes: the big brain/head of Bill Belichick ! So let me post a reminder of a "should be personal" (sound familiar) clash that's been going on but that is possibly the most under-rated rivalry in all of sports... the 'General' warfare between LeBeau and Belichick ! I could go on and on... but the astute Steeler 12th man already knows what I'm talking about ! For me, outside of LeBeau winning another 1-3 SB's, going out with the bonus of owning "'Belicheat' the Great" would be the ultimate "Payback".... but that's just me... so here:

Article:

There are a lot of fingers to point after this debacle, but I think the blame for this one lies squarely on the coaching staff. This was by far the worst coaching performance in the Dick LeBeau-era...

LINK: http://thehammerspeaks.blogspot.com/2010/11/belichick-is-lebeaus-daddy-others.html

ALSO: If this knuckle-head can do it, who shouldn't be able to... but I already knew this had to be going on... Rex Ryan Steals from Lebeau and Belichick: LINK: http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/12954/Rex-Ryan-admits-he-steals-from-Belichick--LeBeau/Default.aspx

Chidi29
05-30-2011, 08:19 PM
Ryan shouldn't be able to steal from LeBeau? Was that what you were saying?

SteelerEmpire
05-30-2011, 08:49 PM
Ryan shouldn't be able to steal from LeBeau? Was that what you were saying?

Well. For one thing... If Ryan can figure out how to shut down BB... and Ryan copies off of Lebeau, then Lebeau 'should' be able to shut down BB !

Chidi29
05-30-2011, 09:01 PM
Well. For one thing... If Ryan can figure out how to shut down BB... and Ryan copies off of Lebeau, then Lebeau 'should' be able to shut down BB !

Ryan's defense is different than LeBeau's. You get a lot more press and man coverage with Rex than you do with LeBeau. That is one thing that BB is able to take advantage of against us.

Psycho Ward 86
05-30-2011, 09:48 PM
No doubt about the title. Hate to say it.

steeldevil
05-31-2011, 10:33 AM
If this is true then I have to give BB some credit, he does a great job of covering up his age. He doesn't look at all like he is around 100 years old.... :old:

:grin:

fansince'76
05-31-2011, 10:51 AM

Just a reminder - the Pats beat the Jets 45-3 a month before they lost to them in the playoffs.

LLT
05-31-2011, 12:40 PM
Until BB wins a playoff game...outside of the spygate era....He is no ones "daddy".

suitanim
05-31-2011, 04:16 PM
Until BB wins a playoff game...outside of the spygate era....He is no ones "daddy".

We STILL don't know what Belichick had on tape, what playbooks he had, what he was hearing via intercepted frequencies, etc, etc...

Please keep in mind this guy had like a .305 winning percentage as an NFL HC prior to cheating. If you were making several million a year for cheating, and knew that if you stopped that would dry up, what would you do? Quit cheating and lose it all, or find NEW ways to cheat?

HometownGal
05-31-2011, 04:22 PM
The title of this thread should be . . .

"Belidick* Is A Pompous, Cheating Assbag".

That is all.

LLT
05-31-2011, 04:23 PM

That is all.

This.

SMR
05-31-2011, 06:51 PM

That is all.

You won't get no argument from me, miss!

Iron Steeler
05-31-2011, 08:19 PM
Our Defense plays right into the hands of Bellicheck and the Patriots. Like most are saying above, you have to have a strong man and press coverage. Which we rarely do. The other thing is that we predominately like to run a 3-4 or nickel, and like to try to send the heat which means that our secondary is mostly taking care of there zones. When you send one pass rusher to many Brady is able to find the soft spot in our zone, usually (where Wes welker is floating).

Now!... Maybe if we can some how incorporated a strong pass rush with our DEs , yes out DE! We can put a man coverage on them. I think Heyward could eventually help in that department. And Ziggy i feel is going to blow up this year.

Now man coverage is not just the answer to beating them. example 2nd Jets/Pats game this year. They just motioned the hell out of there TEs and WR to clear up space for Danny Woodhead on swing screens and such.

But whatever we are doing now on defense , wont work for certain teams (patriots/packers)

Edman
06-01-2011, 04:05 PM
The Beliprick Offense and what it does best is attacking the Zone. To beat that offense you have to play man and press coverage, something the Lebeau Defense doesn't do. Looking at that game the Steelers played a very conservative gameplan.

Of course, there is the idea that Lebeau and the Steelers were not showing New England anything just in case they would see them again. Beliprick may be a cheater but he's not stupid. Just because he got caught once doesn't mean he won't try it again. Remember, The Pats creamed the Jets 45-3 then lost to that very same team in the playoffs. Brady got frustrated, and that high-powered Offense that rolled up 45 couldn't click all game. A case of showing their hand too much to the Footman in that blowout a month earlier? You decide.

I went into the playoffs still holding on to that belief that if the Steelers saw the Pats again, it would've been a much different game. But we'll never know for sure since once again, New England couldn't take care of their business while the Steelers did.

Oh by the way, Beliprick is still a conniving cheater and Brady is still a *****.

oneforthetoe
06-01-2011, 04:31 PM
If Belichick is Lebeau's "Daddy," I think I know when it happened:

http://www.desipio.com/images/parcells-belichick.jpg:bananadoggywow:

Sorry Coach Dad ... forgive me for that one.

It isn't Belecheat who has torched Lebeau's "D" as much as it is Brady. Cassell got smoked by the Steelers' "D" a few years back. It is the metro-sexual one's ability to read our "d" schemes and his willingness to then take what the scheme is giving him, rather than try and force big plays (like Manning at times) that has hurt us most of the time.

suitanim
06-01-2011, 05:04 PM
I still think there's a real chance that it's simply that Brady KNOWS what our plays are at the same time we do. They HAVE stolen playbooks. They HAVE stolen signals. They HAVE intercepted radio frequencies. It's really not a huge leap to think that the reason there is only ONE team in the NFL that seems to have their way with us is also the ONE team that got caught doing all that stuff.

And a sympathetic commissioner burned the evidence.