PDA

View Full Version : On the Steelers: Players doing little during lockout

stillers4me
05-29-2011, 07:09 AM
The Steelers generally have not followed the practice of some other teams, except for some informal and sporadic gatherings led by Ben Roethlisberger with his wide receivers and a few linemen at a local high school.

There have been no organized gatherings by the defense, and safety Ryan Clark believes this long rest from football will benefit that unit.

"The good thing for us," Clark said, "is there are no spring chickens on defense. This time's been good for healing of your bodies. The mental part? We know how to play football. We know how to run cover 3. That dog blitz will still be deadly. We'll be fine."........

read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11149/1149994-66.stm

BigNastyDefense
05-29-2011, 04:37 PM
As long as they are working out and not getting lazy and fat, I am fine with what they are doing.

This is a team full of vets who just played in the Super Bowl. We're not the Cleveland Browns who are installing a brand new West Coast Offense and transitioning a 3-4 defense to a 4-3 defense.

zulater
05-29-2011, 05:24 PM
I think it's so much bullshit with these quarterback led players OTA's that some teams are having. Just going through the motions for appearances sake with nothing of value being accomplished.

Count Steeler
05-29-2011, 05:26 PM
We will see when the season starts, if it does.

steelerdude15
05-30-2011, 11:32 PM
Only time will tell I suppose.

Iron Steeler
05-31-2011, 08:01 PM
As long as they are working out and not getting lazy and fat, I am fine with what they are doing.

Like Big Snack Casey Hampton... lord knows he likes to eat during the off season!... Put him on the treadmill now!!