PDA

View Full Version : Fine system on hits unlikely to deter Steelers

Bluecoat96
05-25-2011, 08:10 AM
INDIANAPOLIS – Give the NFL a lot of credit for devising a new Rooney Rule.
It’s just not the type of legislation in which Pittsburgh Steelers (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/pit/) co-owner Dan Rooney would want to be associated

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-cole_nfl_fine_system_unlikely_to_deter_steelers_05 2411

I especially love this quote

You can also be sure Pittsburgh coach Mike Tomlin will use the new rules as fodder for his players, feeding their perception that the NFL is after them and the only way to prove their greatness is to hammer everyone in their path.
In other words, the NFL just fired up the league’s defending runners-up. Everyone enjoy.

salamander
05-25-2011, 08:11 AM
Just gives them even more motivation to go out kick everyone's ass en route to Lombardi #7! :thumbsup:

ALLD
05-25-2011, 03:21 PM
They are turning it into the NHL with NBA rule benefits for favorite players. Where else can one QB get a glancing touch giving the defender a 15-yd. penatly and another QB getting his nose broken and told to suck it up. "S-u-c-k" being the keyword.

KeiselPower99
05-25-2011, 03:23 PM
Piss us off more and youll pay for it later.

steelersfan425
05-25-2011, 03:46 PM
the steeler hate is already starting fuck them

43Hitman
05-25-2011, 05:59 PM
"In addition to the plan laid out by Birch, the league upgraded the rule on hits on defenseless players, making it so that receivers would have a chance to gather themselves and make a move before the defender could hit them, Atlanta president and NFL Competition Committee Chairman Rich McKay explained."

You got to be fucking kidding me with this shit.

fansince'76
05-25-2011, 06:03 PM
"In addition to the plan laid out by Birch, the league upgraded the rule on hits on defenseless players, making it so that receivers would have a chance to gather themselves and make a move before the defender could hit them, Atlanta president and NFL Competition Committee Chairman Rich McKay explained."

Yay! Can't wait to see the new no-defense, Arena-League-on-Steroids that the NFL is striving to become! Weeee! :jerkit:

What they need to do now is shorten the field from 100 to 50 yards for even more scoring! :jerkit:

Between the horseshit rules changes and the greed of the owners and players, this game is being completely f*cking ruined.

SteelerFanInStl
05-25-2011, 06:05 PM

Yea, complete BS. So, a defender now has to stop, let the receiver catch the ball, wait for them to make a move and then tackle them. What a f'ing pansy game the NFL is turning into.

X-Terminator
05-25-2011, 07:04 PM
Yay! Can't wait to see the new no-defense, Arena-League-on-Steroids that the NFL is striving to become! Weeee! :jerkit:

What they need to do now is shorten the field from 100 to 50 yards for even more scoring! :jerkit:

Between the horseshit rules changes and the greed of the owners and players, this game is being completely f*cking ruined.

And all to make sure that Princess Brady doesn't get her frilly pink panties all dirty. Makes me sick to my stomach. It's nice to hear, though, that the defense is still going to go out there and bust some heads, fines be damned.

smokin3000gt
05-25-2011, 08:07 PM
One thing that floors me is that the owners voted on these new rules! Who the fck thought these rules should be implemented ??! I can't believe that owners thought this was going to be great. I mean I can understand the pats and colts thinking how wonderful this could be but everyone else??

I can only imagine 1)how many people won't even turn on the game because of the new BS rules. 2) How many people turn off and walk away from the tv after the BS calls or 3) How many irate letters and flaming dog poo the comish will receive.

Anybody think that once the NFL sees numbers plummeting (both the bottom line and fans) the league will take the flags off?

43Hitman
05-25-2011, 10:52 PM
One thing that floors me is that the owners voted on these new rules! Who the fck thought these rules should be implemented ??! I can't believe that owners thought this was going to be great. I mean I can understand the pats and colts thinking how wonderful this could be but everyone else??

I can only imagine 1)how many people won't even turn on the game because of the new BS rules. 2) How many people turn off and walk away from the tv after the BS calls or 3) How many irate letters and flaming dog poo the comish will receive.

Anybody think that once the NFL sees numbers plummeting (both the bottom line and fans) the league will take the flags off?

We can only hope. Hell the fans should go on strike this year and tell the NFL to screw off or give us our game back!

NCSteeler
05-26-2011, 10:02 AM
too bad with Ben, wallace mndy and all the other offensive options we have loaded up on the league doesn't realize we are ready to take advantage of these bullshit rules

Bluecoat96
05-26-2011, 10:31 AM
too bad with Ben, wallace mndy and all the other offensive options we have loaded up on the league doesn't realize we are ready to take advantage of these bullshit rules

Kinda like in the late '70's when Bradshaw, Swannie, and Stallworth took advantage when the Mel Blount rule went into effect.

Dino 6 Rings
05-26-2011, 10:39 AM
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

make a rule the STEELERS HIT TOO HARD!!! WAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAA

I'm going to say this again...IT DOESN'T FCKING MATTER WHAT THE NFL DOES! THE STEELER WILL DOMINATE!

EF ALL YOU PANSY ASSSS FANS OF OTHER TEAMS! I truly Hope we CRUSH YOUR TEAM and make you quit being a fan of your team when you see the bodies of your players broken and shattered on the sidelines because we DESTROYED YOU.

HA! I don't care, keep making the rules, we are Still Going to HIT YOU AS HARD AS WE CAN!

Here are your teeth, put them in a jar and look at them for the next few years as you wonder why it was your lot in life to NOT BE DRAFTED by the Steelers! HA HA HA HA HA HA!

again...I'm limiting my posting til I am positive there will be a Season...a Super Bowl Loss followed by a Lock out is making it difficult on my psychi. So Ef the NFL at this point, I am a STEELERS FAN, not an NFL Fan. EF YOU ROGER!

Edman
05-26-2011, 11:04 AM
Next year. The Ben Roethlisberger rule.

A Quarterback is not allowed to fight off defenders. He must go down at first contact or "in the grasp". Take note this only applies to Ben Roethlisberger and no one else.

Keep the hits going, Steelers. You're coming off a SB loss and the league is trying to make an example of you. Channel that into a rage-fueled 2011. Hit faster. Hit harder. Smash every damn player alive. If the National Goodell League wants to make the Steelers a villain, then I'll embrace the image.

tube517
05-26-2011, 11:35 AM
Then the Troy Polamalu rule.

You are not allowed to have a gifted, athletic DB play too close to the line of scrimmage. The opposing RB or QB must have an extra 10 seconds before your safety can even start pass the line of scrimmage. Then and only then, can the DB grab the RB or QB's flag to get a sack.

The Pouncey rule.

You cannot have your center block too many people in one play. Only one block allowed per offensive play.

The Mike Wallace rule.

Your WR cannot run a 4.23 40 yd dash. He must let the opposing DB catch up so it will be fair and have an good shot to get his flag.

The Mike Tomlin rule.

No hocus pocus by any coaches allowed.

The Casey Hampton rule.

You can only occupy one opposing OLineman at a time. If you take up space and two Olineman have to block you, this allows an unfair advantage for the Steelers. Only one OLineman per DLineman.

Next year. The Ben Roethlisberger rule.

A Quarterback is not allowed to fight off defenders. He must go down at first contact or "in the grasp". Take note this only applies to Ben Roethlisberger and no one else.

Keep the hits going, Steelers. You're coming off a SB loss and the league is trying to make an example of you. Channel that into a rage-fueled 2011. Hit faster. Hit harder. Smash every damn player alive. If the National Goodell League wants to make the Steelers a villain, then I'll embrace the image.