PDA

View Full Version : Are There Teams That You Used to be Indifferent Towards But Now Cannot Stand?

stillers4me
05-21-2011, 07:14 AM
We've all been there. There's a co-worker, classmate, or friend that you've known for years. You always thought of this person as just a buddy or pal. But one day, you start to have these "feelings" for your friend. Romantic feelings that you don't know what to do with. You can't explain it, but now you think of them differently and know that you will never be able to look at them the same way again.

I know that's a pretty weird first paragraph for a football blog, but I'm just trying to make an analogy. Just like with love, sports is a pretty passionate subject. If you're into a particular sport, there's probably one team that you are devoted to, a few teams that you hate because that's how you were raised, some that you may even kind of admire, and most that you probably feel indifferent towards. But there are certain events that could cause your feelings for some teams to go from admiration or indifference to out-and-out hate. It could be a playoff game where that team knocked your team out, a few new cocky players that always seem to come up with big plays at key moments to make your team lose, a loud-mouth coach that thinks he invented football, or a whiny, obnoxious fan-base that thinks their team is God's gift...........

Read more @ http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2011/5/20/2180410/nfl-rivalries-fanbases-steelers-cowboys-seahawks-jets-cowboys-packers-patriots-giants#storyjump

SMR
05-21-2011, 09:52 AM
The Patriots is my answer. I used to feel indifference toward them, now I can't even stand the mere mention of them. The Cryboys- I've always ABHORRED! These two teams.

*retches*

suitanim
05-21-2011, 11:59 AM
Pats, obviously. They were awful forever, came close once to be humilitaed by Da Bears, and this whole Masshole/Brady/Belichick/Cheating/Videotaping fiasco made me hates them forever...yes we hates it, don't we my precioussssssss......

SMR
05-21-2011, 12:36 PM
lol

silver & black
05-21-2011, 02:56 PM
Patr*ots. I never cared one way or the other about them...... untill "that game". Then, when the cheating thing came to light, some things started to make sense. I despise them more than any team in the league... even more than the teams in our division... and I hate the damn Chargers!

ALLD
05-21-2011, 06:06 PM
I hate the Pats, they are poseurs. The Broncos are a mess and deservedly so. I am also sick of the Titans, the NFC East, especially the Cowboys, Roger Goodell, Bob Kraft, Al Davis, and the dickhead in DC. Almost forgot J Jones.

HometownGal
05-21-2011, 06:58 PM
Patr*ots. I never cared one way or the other about them...... untill "that game". Then, when the cheating thing came to light, some things started to make sense. I despise them more than any team in the league...

I second that emotion. After their cheating was exposed and Goodildo gave Kraft and Belidick* nothing more than a love tap on their wrists, they went right up to the top of my NFL shit list.

I never used to give a flying hoot about the Seahawks but their incessant whining and blubbering over losing XL to us five freakin years ago has made me dislike them intensely. And don't get me started on their green-eyed jagoff whiney fans.

steel striker
05-21-2011, 08:16 PM
The pats I just can't stand becuase, of the cheating the way Goodell handle that whole siyuation. Plus I'm sick of Tom Brady as well the tuck rule game and, then they make a rule for you because you got hurt. I can't even look at him. I have always hated the cryboys and, I'm with HTG on hating the sea hags as well. All the do is complain about Sb XL time to let it go.

86WARD
05-22-2011, 09:51 AM
Seahawks. They whine way too fucking much. That could go away soon though with Carroll in place and Hasselbeck on his last leg.
Patriots. Although I'm beginning to enjoy them b/c people still hate so much on them and they aren't good anymore.
Eagles. They're always up there and I try to like them but then their fans open their mouths and it's over.
Chargers. Need I say more?

polamalubeast
05-22-2011, 10:27 AM
The Seattle Seahawks:puke:

Seahawks=http://www.enceinte.com/images/articles/bebe-pleure.jpg

suitanim
05-22-2011, 10:36 AM
Oh, yeah...forgot about the "Squaks". They suck, too, and NOBODY outside of Seattle gave two shits about them forever before their SB loss.

Edman
05-22-2011, 11:56 AM
Patriots- Didn't mind them before the AFC Championship games. I hated them afterwards of course but I accepted they were the better team that played a better game than we did in those games and Cowher simply got outcoached in a big game yet again.

Then the TRUTH and the real dirt came out. Spygate, The 2007 season, Brady, Classless behavior, becoming Goodell's pet team and now they're permanently on my hate list. I hate New England more than ever and it looks like I'll hate them for the rest of my life for as long as a breathe. It's not a rivalry respect-hatred. It's hatred-hatred. Like you want to see them suffer and you'll derive the sweetest schadenfreude for it. I usually hate teams because they play commendable and tough games against the Steelers, but I have no reverance or respect whatsoever for the Chowderheads. Period. I hate them. I hate their colors. I hate their fanbase. I hate everything about them.

Seahawks- Annoying, good for nothing sack of whiny **** fanbase.

Chargers- For a team that has accomplished virtually nothing, they sure go with a swagger like they have accomplished something. Philip Rivers is a douchebag.

Packers- Didn't hate them before the Super Bowl, still don't hate them even after we lost. They just aren't hateable.

BigNastyDefense
05-22-2011, 12:43 PM
Patriots* - Ever since the first AFC Championship Game loss to them, just fuck them. Matter of fact, I hate everything New England/Boston. Hate the Pats, Red Sox, Celtics, and the Bruins. If Boston/New England fell into the ocean and sank, I'd probably laugh. Massholes.

Seagulls - Before SB XL, I didn't really think about them. They were just a team in the NFC that wasn't known for much. Then they lost XL to us, and well....I now know why it rains so much in Seattle....because all this team and their fans do is cry about SB XL.

As for the Packers, I don't feel any differently about them. I don't hate them, still like them. They were the better team that night, they made the plays that needed to be made to win it.

solardave
05-22-2011, 01:53 PM
The Patriots is my answer. I used to feel indifference toward them, now I can't even stand the mere mention of them. The Cryboys- I've always ABHORRED! These two teams.

*retches*
My exact feelings.

memphissteelergirl
05-22-2011, 04:47 PM
I guess my answer would have to be the Titans....did not think much of them...then came the "Towel Stomping."

Interesting how they haven't done diddly-squat since....:tongue1:

Count Steeler
05-22-2011, 07:36 PM
The Jets and the Pomp"ass" coach, Rex The Loser Ryan.

stillers4me
05-22-2011, 08:56 PM
The Jets and the Pomp"ass" coach, Rex The Loser Ryan.

Yep.

Iron Steeler
05-22-2011, 09:31 PM
PATS and GIANTS

SCSTILLER
05-23-2011, 11:13 AM
The Seahawks and Patriots for me, and all the reasons have already been mentioned. I would also have to say the Redskins, honorable franchise until Dan Snyder took over.

SteelGhost
05-23-2011, 11:52 AM
Pats*, Cryhawks, Giants and Jets

Moose
05-23-2011, 01:29 PM
Besides Marcia Brady's Pat's, I'd have to say the bungholes. Living in SE Indiana their obnoxious fans are pathetic and miserable to be around. I can actually stomach the brownies fans before the bungholes moron's. Ugh.

KeiselPower99
05-24-2011, 03:21 PM
Pats Jets and Saints

NJarhead
05-24-2011, 03:55 PM
Patriots.

JayC
05-24-2011, 05:27 PM
patriots.
rex ryan is making me hate the jets but not quite yet. at least they don't seem to cheat.

El-Gonzo Jackson
05-24-2011, 06:28 PM
Yeah, I think the Cryhawks. After SBXL, it was pretty pitiful to see they crying, but I enjoyed their tumble to crappiness.

Aussie_steeler
05-25-2011, 05:54 AM
I used to be indifferent about the Arizona Cardinals. They were really just an annoyance.

Then they became Pittsburgh West and they started to bug me. I know imitation is the greatest form of flattery but these guys just seems like a pack of stalkers trying to clone themselves on the franchise that rejected them. The twits that Rooney rejected dont have an original bone in their body.

Now that they have Patrick Peterson I really hate them. In their inept division they yoyo between crap season and mediocre. What pisses me off with this is that one year they can get in the playoffs with a poor record. Then the next they play like total crap and get a top 5 -10 pick and get a stud.

I hate that Whizzingc*nt keeps taking players that I liked and places them into an organisation that bugs the hell out of me.

Did I say that I hate the Cardinals.......but I really loved their superbowl loss.